Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
obalanga

tank bag

Hi guys. I have not used a tank bag before and I am about to buy one. Just wondering how well the magnetised ones cling onto the tank. I have a v strom and there is fairing about the tank that may offer reduced contact surface with the magnets

I don't like on the RF or the GSXR the way you hang over the top to get to the bars might be me , found the magnets fine on mine , was ok on the Bandit ,

if i red really really sensible it tends to stay but im not often sensible. both bags ive had have at points swung round on the strap and hit my arm or go and attack the bars

had an oxford one on a cbr125, zxr400 and a bandit, and it used to end up on the tail.

then the one i got off dicks been on my ninja and sv650. and have all done same thing. so just strap them down. to be honest havent used it in a long time since i got the venturi kit.

Used one on my bandit and it was fine. There is usually a strap at the front which clips round and stops the bag sliding back. Just make sure you load it from the bottom up. I had one with different pockets and did put too much stuff in the higher pockets, without loading the lower ones. Not good   slaphead    slaphead

Love mine. 
Never had a drama even at Busa speeds.

Only down side is be REAL fussy about where you put it down
and folding the magnet flaps away.

They pick up any metallic grit and bits that will scratch your tank.

I use an oxford sprint day bag expands to a litre and its great for days out  thumbs 

If you use a magnet tank bag its a good idea to put some clear vinyl sheet on your tank to protect your paint from grit caught under the magnet  thumbs thumbs

If you use a magnet tank bag its a good idea to put some clear vinyl sheet on your tank to protect your paint from grit caught under the magnet  thumbs thumbs

i cut some cloth the same shape as the base of the bag and fixed it on you can also use non slip mat- don't really have a problem with debris as my fairings that wide  Laughing Laughing 

@dick65 wrote:

i cut some cloth the same shape as the base of the bag and fixed it on  you can also use non slip mat- don't really have a problem with debris as my fairings that wide  Laughing Laughing 

I'm with Mike on this one, clear vinyl stuck to the tank because grit could get between a cloth/non slip mat and the tank and also a flapping cloth can cause marks on the tank.