Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goferit

AFTER MARKET CANS

How many out there have ---or would buy after market exhaust systems, solely to improve the sound ?.
How about the increase in power out-put ,- -- or was it a combination of both ?
Were you satisfied with the results, *and is it really necessary?*   or is it just an expensive whim ?
I'm deliberating on such a decision at the mo'---can't mek up me mind if it's worth the dosh ?
(NOT CHEAP) are they?.---They do look nice tho'... Cool
Seems ta me that there ain't a lot of difference between these (so-called) must haves ?.
any views. confused

I bought some Leo Vince cans for my VFR Vtec. No change in power, but look much nicer, weigh a fair bit less, and of course sound infinitely better. Most modern cans come with slip in decibel killers to shut the cans up should you wish. That said, I'm not sure I'd buy them again, in fact doing this bike put me off getting a can for my Speed Triple. Nothing against Leo Vince, they're great, but cans would now feature quite a bit further down my to do list on a bike. Smile

must be age thing i need to be made death!

my akros are too quiet so stubbys for next year Smile

These rascals are the ones I'm looking at---- more likely the 3 pipes.... I've heard them on glue-tube, and they sound fine, and look the mutts nuts--- but Ooooooooouch the price Shocked

Not an age thing Chad, it's prioritising. Frankly I think exhaust cans are way overpriced to begin with, and I just happen to have come to the opinion that money can be better spent. Smile

Not an age thing Chad, it's prioritising. Frankly I think exhaust cans are way overpriced to begin with, and I just happen to have come to the opinion that money can be better spent. Smile

ive tended to do exhausts right, on my bandit it was £97 for a brand new danmoto.

sv650 i had a couple but the loud one was one i got off a mate for £20 so cut it down and took all the insides out so was loud, and my ninja it was £30 cut it down, painted it etc looked smart.

the tuono had £900 worth of akras on it but im sitting on stubbys its £350 for some sp engineering ones. but got my eye on a pair of second hand but immaculate mivvs

Never actually bought a set if after market cans. All the bikes I've bought have already had them fitted thumbs

That said, I would probably have bought one just to change the sound wheelie

I went years on my bandit with out one ,but after fitting a after market one loved the sound ,but there again was I bit of a pain on long journeys with the noise ( that's when I started to wear ear plugs)
Now on my king I like the look of the cans over the aftermarket ones so there stopping ,I have done a little mod on them for sound ,

Changing the subject a bit what do you think to your rocket ? I wouldn't mind one of those Twisted Evil

I bought aftermarket cans for the sound and looks. Mine r shorter than standard. thumbs

I'm a bugger for after market exhausts. I've had virtually every big name out there. Theres more to expensive cans than meet the eye, they do preform slightly better, the materials are slightly better and the fit tends to be spot on.

These are the makes i've had over the years.

Akrapovic ( inc full system )
Arrow ( inc full system )
Beowulf
Devil
Delkevic ( inc full system )
Kerker ( full system )
Mivv
Moriwaki ( full system )
Remus ( inc full system )
Scorpion
SP Engineering
Termignoni ( inc full system )
Viper ( inc full system )

I've even made a few over the years for various bikes using the big names measurements as base lines Smile

Exhausts are like tyres though, everyone has there favorites! So um yeah, can easily tell you which ones are my favorites lol Mainly buy them for the sound, and i can easily go through a few different cans for the same bike till i find the sound i like. Performance doesn't bother me, but a nice sounding can that helps smoothen the delivery is a winner in my books!

@Davehutch wrote:
I went years on my bandit with out one ,but after fitting a after market one loved the sound ,but there again was I bit of a pain on long journeys with the noise ( that's when I started to wear ear plugs)
   Now on my king I like the look of the cans over the aftermarket ones so there stopping ,I have done a little mod on them for sound ,

Changing the subject a bit what do you think to your rocket ? I wouldn't mind one of those Twisted Evil  

It depends entirely on what an individual want's---or expects from a bike--(obviously).
That said, for me.. I've had many bikes, of various types /attitudes,but this one sort of 'morphs' into what I want out of it ---(given certain moods)---If.y.k.w.I.m--
It will bimble along sedately in town traffic, has a lovely touring ability..i.e.--mega comfy,can carry a ton of gear, & even tow a caravan Laughing  if so required---honestly!! the torque on these things is awesome.
Oh yeah!!!!! performance ?? if yer in that sort of mood???-- hold on 'Kin' tight, cos it'll pull yer arms out of their sockets.
It ain't a sports bike,so lacks a little into corners, she's 'kin' heavy too,so mek sure you choose wisely where you park it.-- mpg???? Well all depends on the right hand, I get the mid-40s, when riding modestly.
End of the day--- get a test ride, feet forward ain't every-ones cuppa-tea, but really comfy when yer gets used to where to put yer plates o' meat.
Oh-- forgot to mention, I got a riders back-rest on mine----Brill for comfort & support for this ol' scrote.

Harley,ish ???   WASH YER MOUTHS OUT!!!-- these are way out of that shite league. Twisted Evil

just added an edit...check out the hype vids..

btw, best sounded can on the rocket is the zard by far! thumbs Also cleans up the look of the rocket three as its a 1-2 under box style exhaust Smile

@fr499y wrote:
btw, best sounded can on the rocket is the zard by far! thumbs Also cleans up the look of the rocket three as its a 1-2 under box style exhaust Smile

ROCKET III 05-09 Inox sport street legal 3>1 full kit O - O O O £1875

affraidaffraidaffraid No wonder, at that price.... fofl

@goferit wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:

It depends entirely on what an individual want's---or expects from a bike--(obviously).
That said, for me.. I've had many bikes, of various types /attitudes,but this one sort of 'morphs' into what I want out of it ---(given certain moods)---If.y.k.w.I.m--
It will bimble along sedately in town traffic, has a lovely touring ability..i.e.--mega comfy,can carry a ton of gear, & even tow a caravan Laughing  if so required---honestly!! the torque on these things is awesome.
Oh yeah!!!!! performance ?? if yer in that sort of mood???-- hold on 'Kin' tight, cos it'll pull yer arms out of their sockets.
It ain't a sports bike,so lacks a little into corners, she's 'kin' heavy too,so mek sure you choose wisely where you park it.-- mpg???? Well all depends on the right hand, I get the mid-40s, when riding modestly.
End of the day--- get a test ride, feet forward ain't every-ones cuppa-tea, but really comfy when yer gets used to where to put yer plates o' meat.
Oh-- forgot to mention, I got a riders back-rest on mine----Brill for comfort & support for this ol' scrote.

Harley,ish ???   WASH YER MOUTHS OUT!!!-- these are way out of that shite league. Twisted Evil

just added an edit...check out the hype vids..

cheers m8 no1

@goferit wrote:
@fr499y wrote:

ROCKET III 05-09 Inox sport street legal 3>1 full kit O - O O O £1875

affraidaffraidaffraid No wonder, at that price.... fofl

Ooops, yeah they are a lot of money. A lot of the cheaper cans do sound a bit hollow and harlyish on the rocket 3 though Laughing

I like summat throaty but not overly so - long journeys are a pain with a loud can,i currently have a micron race can on my thundercat which came with the bike it makes the fuelling a bit iffy on idle and my thunderace has a standard can