Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

undertaking

To be exact, he got done for undertaking among other things He also hit 95 mph on a stretch of the A14 which has SPECS cameras to enforce the speed limit. Obviously figured he was immune without a forward facing reg plate. He didn't think things through too well did he?

I agree dave. My observations are that some people travel at 65 m.p.h. others at 75 mph and others at 90 mph. All these tend to bunch together in their respective speed groups. Trouble is when some one likes 65mph and decides to overtake a vehicle ( usually a laden van or wagon) travelling at 62 -63 mph it may take a good couple of mile to complete the overtake. All the while 75mph and very impatient 90+ mph guys are bunching around you and weaving about. All over sudden you feel very boxed in and vulnerable. At that point I might consider undertaking after which, if the left lane is clear I'd stay in it. If there is no one about, I will stay behind the lane hogger till they are clear.

so he refused points and a fine that were offered by the police and prefered to take it to court and fight the case, then didn't even turn up for his hearing and wonders why he got £885 fine and eight points.If theyve got you bang to rights,which they had, it's usually better to just fess up and take the punishment.

If you look at the video the car he undertook was passing a line of slower vehicles and was doing 68mph just in front of a police vehicle, on a SPECS observed stretch of dual carriageway. No one hates a lane hog any more than me, but in this instance I thibk the biker got a bit trigger happy. Could easily be me one of these days mind......... Cool

@Davehutch wrote:
I hold my hands up , I undertake if they don't move over

Think we all do Dave, it's just a case of assessing whether its "reasonable". The fact that there were cars in the lane inside the car he was behind, just behind and just in front of it, probably made the situation worse.

I've always been told if you stay in left lane and go past its legal it's if your in there lane and go and undertake etc it's illegal? Don't know if that is true

So many different opinions i shall look up the highway code lol. Laugh if we were all wrong

I undertake all the time on the a66. Stupid people doing 70mph in the outside lane, they have a cheek LaughingLaughing

Far as I know, the only time you can legally "undertake" is if the car is turning right.

Or if the left lane ( for instance ) is for coming off and is sign posted! then its legal to travel up to the legal posted speed and technically 'undertake' the traffic.