Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Proof of God

Election Prayer

Dear Prayer Warriors,

I am sending you this prayer that was forwarded to me. I especially want to highlight the first few paragraphs of this prayer to you, to remind you of the place we intercessors have in making history, and as it applies to the elections. May it empower your faith and prayers at this crucial hour.

Blessings,

Mary Medford

Regional Coordinator, Carolina Strategic Prayer Alliance

This letter is from an unknown pastor to his friends.

Dear Praying Friends,

Two weeks today, history will be written. Many are already telling us what will be written as if this election has already taken place; and the media and the left have declared their victory… but what they don’t know is that “history belongs to the intercessors”! The destiny of our nation lies in our hands.

Regardless of what is being said or how the polls are calling this election, we need to remember that there is a GOD in heaven who rules and OVERRULES in the affairs of men. God’s Word is a narrative of one account after another of supernatural intervention in the face of impossible odds. Have we forgotten the Word of the Lord? “With GOD, NOTHING shall be impossible?”

I was reminded of Rees Howells, who epitomized the reality that world events are shaped by intercession. It was because of his faithful intercession that Nazi Germany was crushed and WWII ended as it did. His recorded words illustrate: “There were desperate days while the Second Front was being established in Normandy , and hard fighting in the ensuing weeks and months, but the Lord had said there would be no setbacks this time and we followed the conflict in prayer day by day until the final victory.” Rees Howells was tenacious in prayer. The call he issued to those in his college was “mere prayer will not get the job done, but only intercession!” He challenged his students to become living martyrs if need be on the altar of intercession.

God always chooses to work in partnership with His people. And when His people pray, He moves on their behalf. But the situation that we’re in demands not our average praying, which is so anemic, but rather strong intercession, yes, even fasting and prayer. It requires the tenacity and perseverance of the woman Jesus spoke of in Luke 18.

“In a certain city there was a judge who neither reverenced and feared God nor respected or considered man. And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, ‘Protect and defend and give me justice against my adversary’. And for a time he would not; but later he said to himself, ‘Though I have neither reverence or fear for God nor respect or consideration for man, yet because this widow continues to bother me, I will defend and protect and avenge her, lest she give me intolerable annoyance and wear me out by her continual coming or at the last she come and rail on me or assault me or strangle me’. Then the Lord said, 'Listen to what the unjust judge says! And will not [our just] God defend and protect and avenge His elect (His chosen ones), who cry to Him day and night? Will He defer them and delay help on their behalf? I tell you, He will defend and protect and avenge them speedily. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find [persistence in] faith on the earth?' '

I believe that the Lord is saying to us: “If my people will come to me and plead their case day and night, I will execute justice on their behalf, for I am a Righteous Judge who is full of grace and mercy.'

God’s promise is that He will defend, protect and avenge His chosen ones “speedily”.

We have two weeks to earnestly seek the face of God and turn the tide of this election through prayer.

Will you stand in the place of intercession and fast and pray?

Father, we humble ourselves before you today and say, we don’t know how to pray as we ought. We need you to teach us pray. We need you to place in our hearts the passion to pray. Pour out upon us a spirit of prayer and supplication. Give us the heart of the intercessor who is willing to lay down his life in prayer. Call your people to fasting, that we would be willing to give up our comforts and stand in that place of prayer and call this nation back to you.

We cry out to you for mercy on America . Please, Lord, don’t give us what we deserve; but give us mercy and restore righteous leaders to this land. Open the windows of heaven upon us and heal our land. We pray that the burden of the Eternal Intercessor would come upon us…the same burden that was given to Charles Finney, give it to us; that we would cry out to you day and night for another Great Awakening in our nation….that the eyes of men and women would be opened, that they would be convicted of their sins and cry out to you for salvation.

We cry out to you for the breaking off of delusion and deception; open blinded eyes and break in with a spirit of revelation and cause men and women to see. Your Word declares that “righteousness exalts a nation”, so we contend in the spirit that you would raise up a voice for righteousness.

Father, we cry out for these battle ground states and pray that you would release a shift in the spirit and let righteousness be exalted. We lift our voices to you and cry out over Ohio, Pennsylvania , Florida , Missouri , Colorado , Nevada , Indiana and North Carolina . We pray for a divine shift; we pray for changed hearts and opened eyes that men and women would see clearly and know the truth.

We bind the spirits that would promote voter fraud and confusion over this election. We war against the spirits that are inciting Americans to wrath and speaking lies and curses against those whom you have raised up in righteousness. And today, we cover Sarah and John with your precious Blood and pray that you would keep them in health. We ask for divine strength and pray for a mighty anointing to rest on them, that as they travel and campaign during these last two weeks that you would give them favor everywhere they go. Strengthen them with might by your Spirit and cause the light of your countenance to rest upon them.

And Lord we pray for the intercessors. We pray that they would come into agreement with your heart and mind. Shake us from our apathy and complacency and place within us a holy fire of love that burns with passion for you. May the fire upon the altar of our hearts never go out! Cause the intercessors to rise up as a mighty army to stand before your Throne and cry out to you day and night. Let them give you no rest until you execute justice for the sake of your great name and for the honor and glory of Your Son in whose name we pray. Amen

Mia,

I will be happy to pray and let me remind all of us that we are all called to prayer and intercession. This is a time when the call to intercession is a must. Thanks for the reminder Mia.

God bless,

Connie praying praying praying

Mia,

I will be happy to pray and let me remind all of us that we are all called to prayer and intercession. Thanks for the reminder Mia.

God bless,

Connie praying praying praying

I've been sending up prayers as well.

The only difference is that I've simply asked for God's perfect will to be done during the election and thereafter. He is the Alpha and the Omega. He knows the hearts and motivation of all the candidates. He sees things that we don't. He knows what He wants to accomplish in America and the rest of the world. And I'm sure He's neither a Democrat nor a Republican.

Blessings,

Lurdys

I agree completely. Praying about it is the point and not necessarily what someone has asked us to pray!

Powerful words MIA!
I was actually just reading a scripture in Psalms about God "executing righteousness" and that he will do that for his people! God is good! Definitely praying!
smooches
desiree

I have always prayed for both candidates. I will continue to pray for God's will to be done.

God bless!!!

Delaine