Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RnestseekR

Prayers for my grandmother

My grandmother is dying. We are ALL ready for this and have had a chance to say goodbye. She is suffering. Please pray for the Lord to come take her home very quickly. Her name is Bernice.
Thanks you!

father God,

As I sit in your presense tonight, I am very aware of a time when I had to stand over my mother, and with tears flying, I asked you to come get her because she had suffered enough on this old and lonely world. Father, you did just as I asked of you to do. Tonight Father, I am sitting before you with humbleness in my heart and I understand this situation all too well. Father, I am asking you with a heavy heart, for you to come get this lady. Take her home Father if she is ready to go, if not Father, I ask you to allow her to make things right with you before she does leave this earth. But either way, if right at this second or in the wee hours of the morning, I ask that you send your most best angel to collect her. Father, allow her to go in peace and allow all her children and grand children to feel peace about her going. I also lift up this family to you, Father, they will need to lean on you when the pain becomes to much to bear. Keep your hands upon them and guide them into the precious peace that only you can give to each person. I thank you Father, as always for hearing my prayers. Father, I ask You to let her slip away in a peaceful sleep..In the name of Jesus I pray,........Amen!!!

RnestseekR,

I speak peace upon your whole family, I know that you all have already had the chance to say good-bye, however, sometimes we don't realize when that final moment comes, there is a pain deep within our hearts that sets in. We begin to start thinking about all she did, what she said, how she smelled etc.......Before Wednesday, I expect her to go on home....Just remember this if you don't anything else....in these times The Lord will see you through and He will be there no matter what. The Holy Ghost will comfort you if all of you will allow him too. Sometimes, we don't realize we would rather hurt than be comforted. I know I did and wondered why He didn't comfort me...it was simply because I wouldn't let him. I will be praying much for your family, I know it will all be ok...

Daughter of God,
Bobbie

Thank you Bobbie! She made it through another night. I am an RN and know some of the signs that can come as someone is about to pass. These signs have come and gone and then come and gone again. I want off this rollercoaster!!!!
Indeed, you do think about the things were with her, how she smelled. I thought about her hands - what they looked like, how they were similar to my mom and her twin, to mine, how this would be the last time I would get to hold it.
My other grandmother passed away Dec 2, so I am carrying some grief still from that. Although she was also on hospice - in my home - she passed so peacefully in the night. We thought we had 4-5 weeks and it was 36 hours. God is sovereign!
It is so hard to watch her continue to decline. Just when she seems to hit bottom, we learn that, oh no, bottom is much farther than we thought!
Thank you for your prayer! I am also praying for Him to come peacefully in her sleep and these spells of apnea (when she stops breathing ) and spells of suffocating on her own fluids (which scares all of us) would diminish. Blessings to you for your compassionate heart! Rnest

Heavenly Father,

We thank you Father that you know what is best for this lovely woman of our dear sister in Christ, Rnestseekr. Father I pray that if it is her time that you make it peaceful for her and without discomfort. Father if not I speak life into her body for you are the Lord of life and health. Father we thank you for your goodness and mercy and for you undying love.

your servant,

Connie praying praying praying