Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myladyyawo

When Do you Decorate for Christmas?

We are going to do it early this year, I think the last couple days of November after my daughters birthday party! I can't wait! I love when the house feels like Christmas!!

I put mine up the 1st December..I normally cant wait any longer lol, but because we are going away for Christmas and will have to put the decorations away early, I might put them up early congratulationscongratulations

I just cannot wait to see my youngests face when she comes downstairs and sees all the decorations up :dancing:

Usually about 2 weekends before the big day ..but this year I'm not bothering at all ...apart from cards, as we are going to be away for Xmas and New Year ..

I decorate most often the xmas tree when I come from my Cousins.

I could never wait until 2 weeks before!! lol I barely make it to the 5th lol.

Tromo how many family members help you decorate this year?

Lea and Kasi where are you both going?

Most years my brother and I decorate the trees, cause we love decorating.

myladyyawo wrote:
I could never wait until 2 weeks before!! lol I barely make it to the 5th lol.

Tromo how many family members help you decorate this year?

Lea and Kasi where are you both going?

We're having a family holiday in Florida ...me, hubby, son, daughter (Lea) and 3 grandchildren ...going to visit Mickey Mouse and friends ....

myladyyawo wrote:
that's great congratulations I bet the kids are really excited!

yeah ..big ones and small ones congratulations

I am so excited...cannot wait ....

I'M GOING TO SEE TIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

myladyyawo wrote:
lol I bet! Well I hope you all have a wonderful vacation and enjoy your warm Christmas congratulations

thank you .... I lived in the Middle East for 10 years so am qyite used to warm Xmas .. and I hate the cold lol

lol I'm getting so tired of the cold myself! Although I love when it snows on Christmas day congratulations Kids are really excited to build a snow man lol. It was wet snowing last night lol

opps....I guess I started last night, I actually broke our salt shaker and used the christmas one to replace it lol

lea75 wrote:
I am so excited...cannot wait ....

I'M GOING TO SEE TIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

told you the big kids were getting exited too .... congratulations

awwww lol I didn't see that Lea congratulations So cute, My favorite is Piglet but my sister is still constantly singing the tigger song lol!

Dan wants the decorations up on the 1st Dec but i believe in the old tradition 12 days before they go up, 12 days later they come down lol

we have different traditions we go by, I never have heard of the 12 days before thing lol Couldn't wait. They are even putting Christmas lights around town, and the first day of December our clock tower starts ringing christmas tunes instead of how many rings the time is lol.

Whenever we are available to decorate XD. Well this year, it's been up since early October I think.

i usually decorated my house with my mom on the 8th of december, it was kind a tradition for my mum. but in this way we could "live" the decoration for no more than 2 weeks, since we usually go to the mountain after xmas!
so this year i want to decoarate as soon as possible, this weekend possibly!!

wow, i can't wait till december.

christmas decorations in my house go up the day after thanksgiving! lol
our thanksgiving this year is on nov 26 so on the 27 the tree and all other christmas goodies go up!

how fun, lea and kasi it will be for you guys to spend at disney. wow, long flight for you to come over here to my side of the world!! exciting!

Guest Guest
Traditionaly when I was growing up we decorated from Thanksgiving to New Years day. But now I decorate early Dec till day after Christmas. Love putting them up but cant wait to take them down.

birdiejr59 wrote:
Traditionaly when I was growing up we decorated from Thanksgiving to New Years day. But now I decorate early Dec till day after Christmas. Love putting them up but cant wait to take them down.

It is a rule of PSFC that all members must have a valid facebook link, can u pls check yours as it is not working.

just click the link below on how to fix ur facebook link..

http://www.petsociety.forumotion.com/forum-help-and-advice-f5/how-to-add-your-facebook-link-t5616.htm

chay
forum mod.

Guest Guest
ALL my decorations are up now photos are on my page i love christmas , and because im in spain,,,, spanish christmas day is not till january the 6th so they will be up for a long time yeahhhhh im soooo happy xxx

Well, for my family, it's a bit later than what I've been reading so far...LOL!
We usually go out into the forest, behind our house, the week-end before Christmas to pick out a tree. Then it sits out in the cold till Christmas Eve. That's when we bring it in to decorate it. The little kids do the bottom half of the tree and the two older ones do the top half. The Christmas decorations go down on the 6th of January (The Three Kings Day).
We do put out the advent candles on the first of the four Sundays before Christmas and light one candle each Sunday after mass.
The baking of the Christmas cookies start about a week before Christmas. I make about 2000. Around 5-6 different types. They are used as gifts for our neighbours and friends. I end up making another 1000 just before New Year's cause we run out!

nettybowman wrote:
ALL my decorations are up now photos are on my page i love christmas , and because im in spain,,,, spanish christmas day is not till january the 6th so they will be up for a long time yeahhhhh im soooo happy xxx

so.. you start x-mas at january 6? didn't understand.. Ashamed