Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newleaf

Husband continues to be depressed and blame me for it

why does he blame u???its his depression..wats makin him sad???um u cant realy blame someone else 4 it,,otherwise u wood be depressed 2 ,,if u see wat i mean,, duh i kno ur not,,so the issue has2 be wiv him,, bandaid i need mor info sweety,, :uhoh: thinking flower Dr D..

I think he has a chem imbalance
He should be happy work is going well buying a new van
having a baby He drinks too much sometimes also.
I dont know why he is acting like this.Was on fire for God once.

Maybe he's nervous about having a baby, getting a new van - that's more responsibility. Sometimes it's hard for men (well anyone) to adjust to changes. Maybe he is just feeling a bit overwhelmed and isn't sure how to deal w/it. He maybe blaming you cuz it's easier to blame someone than accept that your the one doing it to yourself. To get to the core I would ask him what exactly it is that you are doing that is making him depressed. Odds are it's not you, but perhaps just he's feeling pressure w/the new changes coming. I'm sure this is exciting to you expecting a baby and getting ready, but like I said he maybe internalizing it and maybe there's some resentment if he feels it's all on him to take care of things (job wise bringing home the bacon). Honestly this doesn't sound odd - lots of people go through this w/big changes. Unless there is more to this I wouldn't assume it's a chem imbalance, just life pressures. Well and the drinking doesn't help. We know to go to God with these things, so just keep praying for him, and in the meantime try to sit down and have a heart to heart w/him.

I'll be praying for you and your family! God Bless you! Flower Power

Just a note.I think its more a spiritual problem.

You said he once was on fire for the Lord.

He may have strayed from the Lord. But the Lord doesn’t go away that easy.

It’s easier to blame others for ones behavior than face up to real growth and chance. He may feel guilty personally for his drinking. And under convection for his backsliding.

I would start to pray for his strength to return to the Lord.

It’s also a known fact men often blame their wife’s. So they have an excurse to drink.

Sorry guys! Not ever guy is like this but it’s a distorted world some times. Sunshine

Yes Sunshine. He is not focused on the Lord now. I get my new car this week and I will be free to go to church.Glory to God!

I would encourage you the Lord is faith full .

The Lord is your answer and he is your strength. The world we live in makes it easy to fill our ever-wakening hour with some thing.

It seems from a women’s point of view. SOME men have to do their thing. Trouble is it can affect others in a very negative way. As a Christian man he must be miserable in side.

It’s easy to blame others for ones own misery.

At the same time. You may be the only one standing in the pray gap for him.

.Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

[b]sunshine
[/b]

I prayed for him today and all Hell broke loose!
Thank you it was a very hard day.

I hope things are better for you .

Do you have a pastor whom you can talk to?

In thinking about your response.

I am sorry any advice I gave became a problem.
In my thinking I would go before the Lord. In my own privet prayer time.

Oh no sunshine! I appreciate your help.
I prayed for him and his dad early in the am
(before I read your post.)
He made a choice to yell at me when I was 5 minutes late getting home he wasnt watching our child while I was out and she opened the door and was outside when I got home.
These are things he did no you! I am trusting God to change him.

I felt so strongly to pray for you last evening.

Know that the Lord feels for you. Casting all your care upon him for he cares for you.

The thing is people have their own mindset and as much. As the Lord loves them they are still free to make their own choices.

Having known the Lord in his full ness and now turned from that.

Some times people really get difficult to cope with.

(I know)

I am praying for your wisdom and strength and for him to return to the Lord. sunshine