Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Christa

My friend ran over a guy....he died.

The motorcyclist was on meth I guess. He was getting chased by the police and ran a red light. He was thrown off of his motorcycle when he collided with a car, bounced out of a person's truck bed from there, then landed 3 feet in front of my friend. She heard a thud, but she didn't see where he landed. The light was really green at this point and she pulled forward and ran over him. The guy was twitching, so there was nerve damage there. He died the next day and he left behind a 5 year old child. The police officers said that it wasn't her fault. I know she's blaming herself with the what if's and I'm so incredibly worried about her. She's afraid to drive now and she keeps reinacting the scene over and over again. She's not a Christian, but she is very New Agey and has an interest in the supernatural. She's open to prayer as well. Please help me pray for her. She's so messed up over this.

WOW Christa!! How sad. I must say, this used to be my greatest fear...hitting or running over someone. Whenever I drive, I never drive in the lane closests to the curb because I would be afraid that someone would come out of nowhere and I would hit them. After reading the story of your friend, I realize you can be as careful as you possibly can and still something could happen. My heart and prayers go out to her. I will put her on the prayer list tonight with my prayer team and we will speak forth salvation and peace in this situation. God, sometimes, has a interesting way of turning tragedy into triumph. I wouldn't be surprised if she came to God wholeheartedly during this time. Be on guard and allow the Lord to lead you because you may be the one to lead her to Christ.

Thank you for your prayers. She really needs them. Sometimes, I think that these types of things happen to New Agers more often (just a thought...not fact). There's somewhat of a mentality there of karma and if they don't think they are good enough people, they are supposed to reap this kind of stuff for every occurance. They're "supposed" to be ok with reaping the havoc because the bad karma gets wiped out that way. I once brought up, to a now ex-friend who is buddhist, that the only thing that has kept me from going off the deep end mentally is redemption. She blew up at me and almost yelled, "There is NO such thing as redemption!" Before her, I thought buddhists were pretty mellow people, in fact, I wanted to be one at that time. I was glad she reacted that way because it sent me on a different path in my search of truth.

The truth is that things like this do happen and trouble does fall on the saved and the unsaved. A wonderful part of our Redeemer is that we can specifically ask Him to not allow certain things to happen in our lives or in our children's/loved one's lives. I believe that our worst fears shouldn't be lived out, so I try and cancel the devil's plans every time I feel the fear coming on. Many nights, before I go to bed, I pray that my daughter won't die before I do; that she won't ever break a bone or have to have surgery; that she won't get cancer or any other disease........I run through a list of things like that and I just continue to hope that none of those things are written in her destiny's blueprint. Even if some of them are, I know that my prayers will strengthen her and my walk with Holy Spirit and we will be victorious afterwards.

God is so good and I've been praying for my friend's salvation for a while now. I'm going to visit her next week, hopefully several days out of the week. Please pray for me too that I will be bold enough to witness to her the way that God wants me to and that my words will fall to the ground.

Am praying for boldness for you to speak God's heart and words to your friend. And for her salvation!
God bless you!

I read your post and was saddened. BAd things do happen to good people, but I believe that the more we pray in faith that we are protected by the power of the blood of Jesus and all He died for us to have (PS 91) I think we can walk in protection and peace. Otherwise what do we have to offer the unsaved? Jesus is the good news that He died so we could live and so I pray for your friend and yourself that all fears be defeated by faith in Him and in His power to do miracles, healing and ultimately in your situation that He bring comfort to your friend and strength to get back on that horse and drive again.

God bless and I pray for the best outcome from all of this - salvation. Amen.

Claire

I plead the blood of Jesus over your friend and those whom the death affected. I just thank the Lord for his goodness and kindness and mercy. I thank you Lord that you will bring comfort to all involved and bring your peace to them. Thank you Father.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Thank you Claire and Connie. I'm in agreement with you all over my friend. In Jesus' name.

Thank you Lord that you have people in her life to bring her to your light and love, I ask that your will be done in her life and we know by your word that your will is for all to be saved and know the love of the Saviour. Thank you Jesus