Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newleaf

Problems and believers

I have a friend who has had an illness he and his wife believe God is chastising him.
Is this right?
they are believers who serve God.

To say that God uses the very thing that He sent Jesus to conquer in order to chastise us, is wrong.

Boy, it saddens my heart. I'm hearing more and more stories these days on how God is getting a bad wrap. He is such a loving Father and has sacrificed His precious Son for us so we may LIVE. It's the GOODNESS of the Lord that leads us to repentance...

I agree with Just Blue Skies and Cholette....this is my understanding of the word of God. I do know however that God uses those desperate situations for good as All things work together for good for those who love the Lord and are called together for His purpose.

In my past, even as a born again Christian I invited all kinds of demon activity in my life through sin and ignorance. God says that his children perish for lack of knowledge....that was me. i did'nt realize when i was young that I was truly making provision for sin in so many ways...walking oblivious to the importance of staying in Gods light. i knew that I was doing wrong but i was still trying to justify wrong.....

I know that sin did open the door to bad things going on in my life...but it was not God...it was me. God used the opportunity to teach me. I think your friend is confused on this truth...Lets pray that God, you will lead these folks and all who read these words in to all truth. In Christ Jesus Holy name....amen