Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daphanie02

inventions...me being silly

Hey guys! have y'all ever wanted to stick a video in your brain at night and record your dreams? lol I was thinking the other day that I wished I had some really cool device that was more convienent for me to record my dreams. I have a voice recorder but my husband is a light sleeper and gets annoyed with me when I use it cause he thinks I'm talking to him. I was thinking it would be cool to have something electronic that we could record our dreams on that was fast, easy and convienent. everything is handheld high tech these days. lol honestly I get lazy and don't record my dreams like I should because I don't wanna sit down and write it all out. it takes too long for my computer to boot up so I can type it out and I've stopped using the recorder cause I end up with so many tapes it's nearly impossible to find the dream I'm looking for. so my question is..... if you could invent some kind of electronc device to record your dreams what would it be? what features would it have and what makes it easier and more practical to use than any other method?

thanks for amusing me :) this has been on my mind a lot since I have 5 children and my dream recording skills have been neglected lately.

Get rid of those tapes girl!! They have digi voice recorders at the electronics store from around 20 and up! I own one and my son got one for christmas. I just haven't used it for recording yet. Don't ask how to transfer to computer cause I haven't played with mine that much, I write my dreams out still... ugh.

Silly me, you then transcribe from the recorder to the notebook on the computer! Much faster than writing. Then you can delete them off the recorder and use it over and over without storing up bulky tapes and cd's

I just purchased a voice recorder a couple of weeks ago that has about 6 different folders in it. I can record up to 99 messages/dreams on it. I have a computer connection that allows me to download them and make cd's! Then of course, I can delete everything off of my recorder whenever I want to. I got it from Office Depot for $39.99.

Invention??? Well, since we are in this USB cable era, what about a USB cord that we connect to our heads that automatically downloads our dreams to our computers and the only thing we need to do is get up in the morning, turn on the computer and see the video of the dream. I'm a pretty visual person so for me to see my dream like a movie on my computer would be pretty awesome. This way, we can pause after certain scenes and ponder on it.

There are some digital recorders which are so convenient-but also kind of expensive!

I always wanted to have something attached to my head while I sleep that would morse code my thoughts that could be taken to the laboratory and later transcribed. I know that as you said Daph, with technology going the way it is, that it can happen! I'm thinking of it to be long white cord attached to some headphones that electronically records my reactions and thoughts in my sleep. That would be so cool! I feel so like that movie: "artifical intelligence" (AI)!lol

well I know one guy actually invented something that you put over your eyes while you sleep and it picks up on your Rapid Eye Movements (REM) and blinks several times in your eyes to alert you that you are dreaming. he was into lucid dreaming.... I don't reccomend listening to what he believes cause it sounds new age. but I liked the device he came up with. it wakes you up as soon as you dream. it's really expensive though and I think it would probably be a nucence(sp) rather than an aid.

Some phones have voice recorders on them.