Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boscoe Jenkins

Question about homosexuality...

I was talking to two of my friends one day. They're women & they're in a relationship together. They were speaking to a minister one day & one of my friends explained to the minister that she has lost alot of friends because she's in a gay relatioinship. The minister said that they were commiting a sin aswell by judging them & that they would suffer a consequence too. Is that true??

I have another question...what do you do if you yourself have the spirit of homosexuality but that is not the life you want to lead?? I struggle with that & because of what the bible say I refuse to act on that urge. It has been very difficult I have a few family members that are gay & lesbian. So since this is in my family Would that be considered a genarational curse??? How do you co-exsist in something like that? & why do people frown upon it so much if that person chooses to distance themselves from that type of lifestyle?

um ther seems like thers less grace avialable 2 gay ppl,thats just a feeling i hav felt,,but ther is more than enuff grace mi bible tells me,,um its sad 2 lose frends in that way ,,i guess ppl dont want 2 be knowen ther frends wiva gay person,,its ironik that they get rejected by ppl saying ''god loves u'',,and i kno the whole ''we love the sinner but hate the sin ''statement,,ive neva seen it in action,, yes ther can be consequences,,HIV,, ugh,,but applys 2 all persuasions,,prt2,,u do well dory,, but i sense ur struggle,,its mi undastanding that homosexuality is a branch of a deeper issue ,,usually relational frm ur parents,,however it may well be generational since thers so much goin on,, in ur family,,ppl r being set free frm that lifestyle every day, dont lose heart, D

Raye,

I have a question for you. You don't have to answer it on here because it's personal. I was wondering if you've ever been sexually molested. The reason I ask is, I was, and I did struggle with this somewhat. I'd have fleeting thoughts about how that girl looked hot, and I'd check her out, but God has set me free from that.

I also have a friend that was molested by a female when she was young, and she struggled with homosexuality, but she too has been set free.

I don't understand people. Some of my friends are gay/lesbians. They know that I love them (and I do dearly), but they also know that I don't agree with the active lifestyle. They call me when they need someone who just loves them, when they feel like they've been beat up by the world, and they know that I will be there for them, always.

I've had people tell me that it's a sin for me to be around them. I always replied have you done anything wrong today? Then how is your sin different from theirs. Sin is sin. Yes God does say that homosexuality is a sin, but he also said, lying is a sin, lust, gluttoney, pride, envy, murder, dishonoring mom and dad, sex outside of marriage, adultry. I could go on, but my point is, who are we to cast aside someone because of their sins, when we have sins on equal ground in our lives. It's man that lables sin on a "bad" scale, not God. With God it only takes one sin to send you to hell. Yet, God is merciful and gracious. He sent his only son to save us.
Even some pastors miss the grace of God because they've never experienced it.

God loves you more than you could ever immagine, and He will help you through this. Listen to God, and what God tells you about people, and about who you are. He will help you!

Amen, SCGirlyGirl!

I think there may be some truth to what the minister said in that too often some of our Christian brothers and sisters approach gay people with a condemning attitude that has no Jesus in it. I remember during the 2008 elections with Proposition 8 on the California ballot seeing Christian demonstrators with signs that spewed nothing but vitriol, e.g., "God hates you!" bandaid Some of our Christian brothers and sisters sadly miss the boat on this issue - that sin is sin as SCGG stated above and that there are opportunities here to be Jesus to them (kind, compassionate, loving, etc.) so that they can come to know Him and be freed from the gay lifestyle.

Your situation could possibly be a generational curse...one indicator would be if you can trace everyone back to one member of the family. I have a couple of gay relatives but don't associate that with a generational curse because they're on different branches of the family tree.

And I commend you, Raye! Especially here in California where tolerance is emphasized (perhaps overemphasized), it must be tremendously hard to take the stand that you have taken and doubly hard with gay family members who are likely telling you that it's natural, you're denying who you are, etc. This is why they give you a hard time. It's a similar dynamic to when one gets saved and leaves their worldly habits behind but their friends/family are still involved in those things and try to make the saved person feel badly (if not foolish) for their decision to give their lives to God. But stand firm in the Lord, He warned us that we would suffer persecution because we followed Him and this is a form of it. On one level, it doesn't make it easier but on another level it does because you can see it for what it is and not take it personally, God will continue to guide you through these waters. Just continue to love them and be Jesus to them without compromising who you are in Christ Jesus.

I will keep you in my prayers because I know this is a challenging road. flower

SCGirlygrl, I dont mind discussing this, I was in a foster home when I real little & alot of things have went down in that home. i was beaten alot but I cant remember or recall being touched the wrong way, or molested. I am not offended by your question in the least ok?

Lola, I have brother that's gay & he's getting married soon. Where they live gay marrige is legal. My family does not know that I am against gay marrige & I am Very afraid to tell them because I feel that they would think that I'm looking down on them & that they would look at me differently. As for my friends its hard to talk to them about it because they feel that no one has the right to tell someone who they can or can't marry it should'nt be a limit. they think i'm messed up for feeling that way. I believe that marrige is something that is sacred between a man & a woman & that it should remain that way. I think that mankind has ruined enough things on this earth that God has put here why make it worse??? I do not look at any of my family/friends any differently because of the life styles they chose to lead. I do feel that sometimes I have to seperate myself from my friends being that the temptation is so strong at times. Its like, a person who just stopped drinking & you put them in front of a bunch of liquor. you really expect them not to drink?? I dont think we stop enough to sit & think about how the things we do really affect or hurt god. "how would he feel if i did this, or that?" i'm learning that now.

Raye,

You have such a precious heart! I can see your care and compassion for others in what you have written above.

Yes, you are absolutely right. You have to seperate yourself from things at times because of temptation. I know a lady who used to be an alcoholic and she's a minister now, and she has to ask God for permission to go into resturants or areas with bars because she needs to make sure she's strong enough to face the temptation.

You have a sweet sweet heart, and honestly, that may be what is trying to draw you. I mean that by the fact that women are nurturing and you seem to be a nurturing person, and since you missed that when you were little, you are wanting that nurturing from someone.

God bless you my sister! He's going to hold your hand every single step of the way.

This is good stuff. I've enjoyed everything that each of you have posted.

Praying for you Raye

Hey this just crossed my mind...if two people of the same gender get married if the world considers that marrige, then how does God view that? does he consider that marrige null & void?? does it count?

Raye,

No. God does not consider that marriage. A marriage is between a man and a woman. God brought Eve out of the side of Adam to be His mate, and for Adam to be Eve's mate. God blessed their union, and told them be fruitful and multiply. Man can't multiply with man, nor can woman with woman. The Bible also says that the two will become one flesh, and that occurs in the sexual act between a man and a woman, where you are so close with the other person that you literally are one flesh during the time of intimicy. Women can't be that close to each other in the natural, and neither can a man because it is not a woman's anatomy. It was actually in old biblical law that if a man was found with a man, or a woman found with a woman, both of them were to be put to death because it was such a abomination to the Lord. (The act of homosexuality, NOT the people involved).

The world's opinion does not change the fact of what God says. God has final authority over all situations. God destroyed Sodom and Gamorrah (sp?) because of their sins had reached such degration (including the sin of homosexuality).

God wants us to have love and relationships in this world, but He wants us to do it the right way. God tells husbands to love their wives as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her. No where in the Bible does it mention same sex marriage.

God loves all people, regardless of what they do. However, there are some things that are sacred that must remain so. Marriage is one of them.

At the same time, that doesn't give seriously misguided "Bible Thumpers" the right to preach that God Hates (Insert terminology here), or to hate those that are involved in that lifestyle. Christians can take a stand for what is right without being abusive or demeaning to others.

I hope this helped. God bless you!

Thank you, I kinda figured that's what god was saying. That question just came out of nowhere & I was like, "hmmm, let me ask that." lol :) thanks again.