Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lola21st

Please pray for Jamaica

I'd like to ask everyone to keep the country of Jamaica in your prayers and please pray for one of our longstanding members, Butterfly, who lives there.

Some of you may be aware of the civil unrest that began Sunday night as the police and army began fighting gangs who have established roadblocks and otherwise have barricaded the entrances to a section of Kingston where it is believed that a druglord is in hiding. The druglord is being extradited to the US to face charges and these gangs are attempting to prevent his capture. It is a bit more complicated than what I've described, but that's the long story short version. The defence forces appear to have made some small strides today but other news from the island suggests that the shootings have spread to other sections of Kingston and to other communities outside of Kingston which includes the area that Butterfly is from. I don't want to create more worry where there shouldn't be any but would like to raise up prayers of protection for her, her family, and her community in particular and may the Lord have mercy on the island overall and keep the innocent people safe. Within the last 24 hours, 26 men have been killed and many others wounded.... crying

Praying for a speedy resolution... praying praying

Loving God we ask your peace and protection for the people on your beautiful island. Pull the roots of evil up like weeds that it may no longer flourish and let green plants of Your good plans for the peace and prosperity of this nation grow in its place! In Jesus Name!
I saw a fist pull up weeds when I was thinking about this.

Oh my!! How come I haven't heard about this on the news here? This is news worthy!!!!!! Praying right now!!

My prayers are with them as well.

Hopefully your friend will log in and let us know they are okay? Is that likely?

In Christ's Name -

Yes it has been on my prayer list. My husband was born in Jamaica!

Thank you all for your prayers, God bless you!

Things have calmed down quite a bit there and have returned to 'normal' but they still haven't found the druglord so that could change...

I've exchanged PMs with Butterfly and she and her family are safe...praise God!

Unaday - I didn't know your hubby was Jamaican! My family is from JA (I was the 1st of the family born off of the island...actually among my cousins (25) there are only 3 of us who were born outside of JA...wow, I didn't realize that until now...)....anyway, small world! flower

Yes he is and so is my mother! He is from Spanish Town and Kingston and my mother is from Manchester! I didn't know your family was Jamaican either lol! Cool! Yes and am first generation Canadian :0)

Too cool! My brother lives in Spanish Town and my mother is from St. Elizabeth. My father (deceased) was from Westmoreland...small world! thumbs