Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
princessdelia

i need to get away from my mother

she invades my space nonstop, doesn't respect me at all and treats me badly. abusive physically and verbally. i am just nothing more than a slave with how she treats me. i am at the place where i am healing and growing from my previous marriage and the more i am growing- the more she treats me badly.
i don't cry at all anymore, i just ask that the prayer be that i get to be free of her as i move into the destiny shown to me by God.
Amen.

its pretty bad, i truly couldn't get into all of the details, lets just say she has no empathy for others. is intent on destroying me emotionally to satisfy herself alone. i have been in the process of growing and moving forward. she prefers to have me go nowhere

she's suffering from a mental disorder called narcissitic personality disorder. it is a serious malady that has no cure and is relentless to the people around the person

I do know the disorder: father of one of my friends has got the same. She's told me quite some details and that disorder doesn't sound pretty.. She's moved away to protect herself emotionally, and only sees him under strict time/etc limitations and has people pray for her before she goes near him. I believe it is a spiritual battle too. I am praying for you that He will give you strength to do/say what's right in these circumstances. What do you feel He wants you to do?
Take care and praying His protection and wisdom over you.
God bless you!!

Princess, I didn't know that narcissitic personality is an actual disorder...
I want to tell you that your mom reminds me of my mom...
My mom treats me like that too, been married for 12 years, I'm 33, and had my son when I was 21, and she still treats me like a child that has to obey her or else...
I was reading about that disorder and I was like wow, that sounds just like my mom. I H A T E narcissistic personality disorder. I think it's straight from hell because that's all you get when you are raised by those people.

hindsfeet it is hell living with her. it is straight from the pit!! i told the Lord the other day that I know He wants me to honor her but i find it harder and harder to do so because she is bent on destroying my life but the Lord in His mercy keeps protecting me from her wickedness. And to imagine that she is my mother- the one person who is supposed to have ur back

Is your mom saved? My mom has always claimed to be... she's had prayers answered and I don't know why God answers her prayers when she's So mean and blames her husband for everything.

my mom isn't saved, she has no fixed beliefs. she will go to Mother Mary, listen to Joel Osteen. Get prayers from any religion- she is filled with fear and anxieties and her goal is to pass it to her children. if u look rested and at peace, she is jealous and strives to make sure you are unhappy and unsuccessful. she is not happy for u making it, is competitive and very spiteful.
i loathe her more and more each day and ask God why I have to live with such a destructive parent. my fear is becoming like her and everyday i pray and fight against it. i truly despise what she is and there is no confronting her with the evil she does, cos she would turn around and project it to u. i loathe everything about her.

princess, I know Exactly how you feel!! I can tell you it's SO hard to forgive an abusive mom for some reason more than an abusive dad. I believe it's because she is supposed to be nurturing. With a dad you have the expectation already that they are the head of the house and you do what they say or else, but with a mom... That's another story. There's a lot more trust broken with a mom than even with a dad who molests you! Why? Because, the mom didn't protect you and even abuses you herself, she isn't loving, kind, or gentle, or patient, or sweet. There's a lot more expectations for a mom than there is for the dad. The dad is the provider and is meant to go out and hunt for food and work in the fields and be away a lot, that's how God made men and women and our natural instincts.

Hi prDelia,
As I was reading through your last posts and started praying this came to mind:
...For you are not wrestling with flesh and blood, but against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms..
It's from Eph.6, from verse 10 on is appropriate here.

It must be hard(impossible?) for you, living with your mum. Trying to fight this in the flesh is hard.. Ask God how to fight effectively in the spirit as that's where the battle is. I encourage u to pray in the spirit and ask Him what exactly you're praying against..have others pray for/with u too. If u can, try not to react from being hurt (which is hard, i know:) but keep praying God's blood over her, this isn't just a battle with your mum..
Do u have the chance to move away from her, for your own safety/sanity? I am praying for you and am sure there are others here that will be too. God bless you and praying His peace and the Blood of Jesus over you, your mother and your house..

praying for you peace and rest dont take her 'junk' to heart!

Okay, you are working hard to fight this, I can hear it in your words...but you need to change your strategy.

Honouring your Mum is important yes. Upholding her in anything contradictory to the word? NO, you choose the word EVERY time.

Hating her, and hating WHAT she does, are two different things. She is walking in the flesh. She is walking in unbelief. The end of that choice for her will be even more rubbish fruit, and death, which you are not responsible for. She has been taken captive, in her mind, will and emotions.

John 10:10 The thief, comes only to steal, kill and destroy....Do you see that pattern in all she does? Satan's root is selfishness. You will have to resist in the Spirit, by not hating her.

John 10:10 goes on to say, I have come that you may have life, and have it in abundance to the full and overflowing. So far, is your life, looking like the latter or the former?

What can you do to line up with the word, and see things change in the natural?

#1 Forgive her, bless her, and bind whatever controlling spirits are manifesting this disorder. Cut them at the root in the name of Jesus. I assure you, you have the authority. You are the head of this household as the believer.

#2 Jetison your fear. Faith begins where the will of God is known. You cannot be in fear and your faith be effective at the same time. Perfect (developed love) casts out fear. For fear involves torment. I can sure hear torment going on in your life.

BTW, unforgiveness gives tormenters access to torment you...it is the bait of Satan. remember the guy who wouldn't forgive the other his little debt when he had been forgiven a MASSIVE debt. He was eventually thrown into prision torment until the debt be paid in full??

#3 Bind all strife in the household. Strife is a killer. How can 2 walk together unless they be in agreement? It takes 2 parties or more to enter into strife. If you do not set your foot into that noose, you cannot be sucked into it. Never argue with her. Even if she sees your silence as weakness, or your walking away weakness.

All of these are practical steps to warfare, and will develop a strong character in you. The sooner you do, the sooner you will move away from this in strength, power and love wihich have God's hallmarks and not the flesh.
When you can,... fast. Maybe away from the home? Read the scriptures and speak them out loud. Speak what you want to be, and NOT how it is. (in line with scripture...i.e.blessing)

#4 Keep silent if you cannot say or think anything good. Death and life are in the power of your tongue.

#5 James 1:4-6 Settle down and become established. Ask God for wisdom AND understanding. Wisdom is no good to you, unless you know HOW to apply it in a situation.

I could say, more, but believe me, this is enough for you to get started on! Once you have done the above, stand. Stand firmly rooted and grounded faithfully in the above word and watch God work on your behalf.

He works! You rest, and watch yourself not being able to be touched. Unless of course, you step out of your covering. Cast the burden of your mother on Him, for He cares for you. You will witness deliverance for both of you. It is not one way.

If you do step out of your covering, and feel you miss it. Just repent, and start again.

He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and CLEANSE us of all unrighteousness. Receive it by faith, even if you don't feel anything. Speak it if you have to. DO NOT listen to any voice of condemnation or guilt. That is not your portion.

Bless you and love you. You are coming out!