Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea75

Anteater plushies

How sad it is to see the hackers have been out to play again....

The new anteater plushie, which you can only get on day 5 of the lottery is now being sold...fair enough....but people are selling them in multiples...even though there is no way they could have received that many anteaters just from their lottery Sad

I think it is so sad when hackers are taking all the anticipation out of the game by flooding the market with them

Whats your opinion on this??

i get mad with hackers............do we have a link for that plushie?????the deer hass a link and we could get only 1 free

is that the case lea or do many people have more than one account? my sister and fella never use theirs so i do Smile would that be called cheating thou i wonder

there is a hack i saw it............my plushie today was @ 2000 coins in lottery but no luck

what is a hack? i dont really understand! is it where people can copy the new items? its daft!!! and not fair!!

anteat10.jpg

did you mean a pic hun? There is no link to it

If you have more than one account and get them genuially then that is fair....but what about the people selling over 15? How can they get theirs if not by cloning/hacking Sad

I think hacking and cloning takes the fun out of the game and it makes me sad to see that people are using it as a means of robbing people out of the fun that is supposed to embody this wonderful game. The sad fact is people seem to have this idea that getting something in whatever way possible is alright instead of being able to find it and be happily surprised by that find. I would rather find one or two of something than to have a bunch.

Two days ago, I posted in another thread that I was sad because I had someone on my friends list who was obviously using cloning to get the new Mystery Box items. I wasn't depressed about them having them, but it somehow seemed unfair or not right for people to simploy decide to make multiples of something as a get rich quick scheme. When I later found two of the new items in boxes, I was overjoyed. I discovered rather profoundly that there is a novelty in having found them on my own.

To me, that is where the fun lies. Earning or discovering something as was intended. For the past week and a half since I came to this forum, I have discovered something magical in this place, because there are no discussions of hacking and cloning, no talking of finding loopholes in the game to give someone an unfair advantage. The thing that sets this site apart from most other fan sites I have visited is how people here enjoy the game for what it is, a fun game that gives way to enjoyment, anticipation and that occasional surprise.

I know that people can choose to take part in these particular activities, but I find it a lot better when a forum isn't tainted by them.

That is what I will take to heart.

thank you tiddly winks

We do try really hard to keep our members safe from cheaters, and to me this includes hackers..it is really hard sometimes though, knowing what to do for the best..whether to allow members to sell items which are obviously obtained from a hack, or whether we should block it (but then they are going to sell them somewhere so should we deprive our members?).....got a headache just trying to think this through lmao

I do get really frustrated when people take the game and twist it in a way which takes all the enjoyment and anticipation out of the game for majority of members.

You're welcome.

Yeah, the trading thing is a catch 22. I'm just glad that in the regular discussion places, there are rules against it.

they use a software/program to buy things that are unavailable in the shop... they use it to obtain "rare" items and also the unreleased items...

i know this programme.........the worst thing is to trade them this is unfair

yeah lea thats true but in my opinion i would rather people not be allowed to sell the cloned or hacked things, i know this may seem harsh on people not even getting the choice but out of 10 people how many would actually buy something if they knew it was a clone or a hacked item? i know i wouldnt. i know as i said before that i use a couple of different accounts of ps but that is totally different in my eyes because i still have to log in the 5days to try and win the plushie and also i still have to do visits to get coin and the main reason i use the other accounts is for the simple reason that everything is getting too expensive in the stores and i cant afford it all by myself!!! if i could i wouldnt need to other account! sorry about my little rant lol
Oh and one more thing lea how do we know if we've bought a cloned/hacked item? is everything still the same even the re-sale price?

clones exactly the same as the normal ones, as far as i know (mine sells back for 99, idk if i bought a clone or a normal)

but you can be aware while trading
if they have 15 plushies, there's no way they're not clones
and they are probbably selling them for really cheap prices, like 1x999, or something...
but if they have one or two, and they are selling it for a big price (1x4999 or so), it's not a clone

hope it helps Smile

kind of lol, im not buying any or selling so it wont really affect me but it annoys me that people can get away with it!!

i will buy 1 just for 2 gmbs i have too many and i dont care but hack is totally unfair

The problem is the hackers will continue cloning these items as there will always be people who trade for them Sad

I've been thinking a lot about the ethics of cheating.
As soon as someone starts to cheat, how far does it go before it is obviously wrong. For instance, many people use to use the refresh trick on the mystery boxes (it doesn't work anymore) when they got things they didn't want. Was that cheating?

How about signing out and then back in to reload the Cafe with new pets to visit? Is that cheating? Hacking and cloning are obvious cheats...but what about these "little tricks?"

I was given a Rainbow Poo which had been cloned. I did not ask for it, it was just given to me. Do you keep items like this? I have since gotten rid of the poo, but I have two pink jellos which are clones. Is it cheating to receive items which are the result of cheats? What about the 4999's in your chest?

I met someone (in real life) whose response was, "What is the fuss? It is just pixels!" How would you answer this?

And I was just sent an anteater....which is probably the result of a hack....

i want to have one... but i m not lucky in lottery..

and then i visite some friends.. they have three or four anteater sitting in the house...

oh i hate it-

In my opinion there is a huge difference between a glich and a hack/clone.

A glich like the gmb trick, in my opinion is fine as you are using a glich in playfishes programming.
A clone or hack is totally different as to do these you have to use programmes which hack into the playfish database and alter the programming. To me this is what is wrong.

I don't think accepting gifts falls under cheating. If it did, then every step we take would be scrutinized and we would be left to feel badly for something that is beyond our control. I mean; if I did that, then the appreciation of the gifts I receive would seriously dwindle. Yes, I do know that many of the gifts I received were clones, but many were not, and trying to figure that one out would give me a migraine.

Clearly, to me those who actually do the hacking and cheating leaves me to ponder their code of morals or at least their world view. I try so hard not to judge the people I know who are do this, but I also question how they would be in real life if they are stealing pixels. What would they do if they found a wallet on the street? How would they react to it? Those sorts of questions filter through my head.

Is it justifiable to say 'Oh but they are perfectly nice people' and dismiss it? I have serious conflicts with that because to me cheating at a game takes away not only the integrity of the game, but also that of the person doing it. How much can I trust them in real day to day situations if they are using cheats to play a game? Along those same lines, is there any real satisfaction to having 20 anteaters, all the while knowing that they were obtained by cheating?

I hate hackers and cheaters. 8 days have passed from the new lottery and only those REALLY lucky people can get 3 of them. I am not lucky to get one and the glitch makes the lottery spin forever.

my plushie today was at 500 coins and i got it....................omg im soooooooooooooo happy........................but yesterday to be honest i bought 2 of them one for me and the other for my brother.....

Tromo3 wrote:
I hate hackers and cheaters. 8 days have passed from the new lottery and only those REALLY lucky people can get 3 of them. I am not lucky to get one and the glitch makes the lottery spin forever.

i agree with you tromo

I don't like the cheaters who are really obvious.. like I had someone in my friends list who's house was full of rares and there were multiples of everything.. It was like saying "Look at my house! It's filled with everything you can't get!" I know there are some people who have played a long time and have some rares, but you can tell when someone has came by them honestly and who has not. My mom wanted one of those bloody bunnies so badly and I couldn't get her one let alone get one for myself and this dude has like 20 in one room.. it makes me mad cause we couldn't get the halloween mb items, but he's got tons and tons.

On a brighter note I heard from someone that the programs you have to use to clone stuff messes up your computer and gives you viruses so the ones who are cloning all this stuff are kinda getting a smack from karma lol Maybe it will make them not do it.. atleast some of them.

Tainted Obsession, I have a bloody bunny you can have. It's the only one I got, but they kind of weird me out. So, if you would like it, send an F/R and I'll give you mine. But, yeah, when people show it off like that, it makes me ponder what motivates them.

I enjoyed reading this thread.... I finally got the anteater today... its an ugly little thing lol... but I like it...

that said TBH.. I do think cloning has ruined the game...purly as everything is now so easy to get. I have been playing PS since the very start.... I have seen the jukes/lip hack, the 4999's.. the little one is between that most didnt notice and now this. When a hack was created and and coin related ie. jukes, 4999s It didnt bother me... everyone in one way or another was able to have more coins to buy GMBs etc... the clones .. it was a shame.. as it nearly killed trading to... the buzz was gone... but do I think its wrong to cheat in a game... well thats a massive debate... I mean.. I cheat on my PS3 everyday... does that make me a bad person .. NO it doesnt... so are ppl who clone in PS bad ppl ? who knows but I wont make that assumption. Just because someone clones some items doesnt mean they would pick up a wallet in the street and not return it, another member said questions like this go through their mind (sorry cant remember their names, page 2 i think)

Also with regards to hacking ?? and its a big question... how are spoilers obtained ? are they not hacked from PF ..PF dont release them, you mention them at PF forum and you get told off straight away. This topic could go on forever with valid points from everyone... who's right, who's wrong... I think it all depends on the person... too many shades of grey to say one way or another. I refuse to judge someone for having hacked/cloned items when I know I have received gifts which have only come about because of hacking or cloning....

You make some interesting points, Sillybob, but I think that it all boils down to questions of ethics and whether or not people can concur as to whether cheating in a game is a moral thing to do. Were we taught as children that cheating is wrong? Does it take away or add to the experience? To some people cheating takes away from the experience, to some, it has become a normal aspect of game play.

I was at a place online where cloning game pieces was fine. I pretty much stayed out of the discussion of it, but some nice folks did send me a bunch of rares. Am I wrong for having them or for accepting the offer? Maybe, and I figure that regardless, I would still be doing my visits, earning my coins, and enjoying the game. Am I whining for raising these questions? No. Do I think that people should agree with me? Again no, I don't.

I guess the thing with me is I am on a different ethical stand about it than the people at that place were. It doesn't make anyone 'right' or 'wrong', but it does make certain people react or question things in certain ways. Given my world view, I have pondered these questions deeper than most. It doesn't mean that it's an automatic 'you hack or clone' = 'you are bad'. But, I think I would feel myself more inclined to put my faith and trust in someone who plays the game fairly than I would in someone who publicly announces to the world that they cheat in a Social Game like PS. This was why I made the analogy with the wallet, it boils down to trust.

I guess it does boil down to trust... but we also have to take in to account we are on the internet, our fingers are doing the work ... and although we are interacting with each other their is a large part of "who we are" missing, that can not be translated in to type... I guess the best way for anyone to play this game now is on their own terms... if you dont like hacks then its down to the individual to refrain from recieving items in that way (or however you are choosing to play)... we cant change the fact that alot of ppl have cloned items and therefore I dont think it should be censored.. if ppl wanna discuss what they have done let them... if ppl are not interested in that topic then stay away from it, will I think any less of that person for discussing hacks/clones, No I wont.. its how that person interacts with me that counts, if I meet someone who is kind and friendly towards me.,.. or someone who helps others out on a regular basis I wont think any less of them if they say they have cheated the game... because it is a game....not real life.

I don't like hackers too.

Hope they stop doing the things that may / can ruin the game.

Tiddly Winks wrote:
Tainted Obsession, I have a bloody bunny you can have. It's the only one I got, but they kind of weird me out. So, if you would like it, send an F/R and I'll give you mine. But, yeah, when people show it off like that, it makes me ponder what motivates them.

Awww Thanks so much Tiddly, I hate to take your only one though :wub: