Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newleaf

Need feedback please

I met a woman a a kids play place who is going to be in court for child custody all day Friday.
And she asked me to watch her child. She was crying and seemed desperate. She also said she was a pagan (when I suggested she call a local church and ask a youth pastor for a referral.)
I was planning on not charging her but just asking her gently to reconsider Jesus
I was a single mom once and I was only looking to help
I asked my prayer group what they thought and one person emailed me and said she got a red flag.
Any feedback welcome she said she would call me tomorrow.
She wants to drop the child off at my apmt early in the am. Thanks! JBS

JBS,

My first thought here is what would Jesus Do. Our Lord told us if a friend asks for your tunic give him your cloak also. If he asks us to walk one mile walk two. I feel you should help her. Our strongest witness to someone is how we act when faith meets the advesary. In spite of her faith or religion, we love her and show her that love by being helpful in a time of need and sharing the gospel with her through our witness. Sometimes the strongest witness is the words not spoken. Something to think on. I hope it is helpful.
We are the children of light and we are to impart that light to others. This is one way to impart that light to her.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

AMEN CONNIE!!

I am finding out these days that when we OFFER Jesus to people...they normally don't receive him that way. They need to see Him in us FIRST! So far, every non believer I have ministered to has accepted Christ, not because I told them about Jesus...they saw Him in me FIRST! The Bible says we are WRITTEN EPISTLES, learned AND read by ALL MEN! They will know we are CHRIST-ians by our love!

I left out one detail that is a concern I have
we were at this place because my kids had 2 drs appointments and thought the kids deserved a break and I took them to play
I just met this woman this one time and after a 20 minute chat she asked me -a stranger-to watch her child?
scratching chin
you read about home invasions etc -I dont want to be paranoid!
Got to keep my babies safe!

First of all, if you feel an odd feeling in your gut, TRUST IT CAUSE ITS GOD! On the other hand, if you feel peaceful about it...here is a scripture...
Matt 10:40
"He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me. 41Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward. 42And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."

I was feeling "funny" about it and prayed last night that if it was not Gods will for her to come, that she would call and cancel.
And this afternoon she did . PTL!
I will call her and put her in touch with a free local playgroup.
And I ended up catching a cold I am drinking hot green tea with limemade

you know as I was reading all of this I was reminded of times when I used to go into the city (Brisbane Australia) and people would ask me for money. There were times when I would give money and times when I felt NOT TO.

Around this time a woman in the same city got raped from someone asking for money, they asked for money, she went to grab it out of her purse and they dragged her into an alley and assaulted her.

So I believe there are times when we are to give, but also we are to be harmless as doves and wise as serpents.....The holy spirit will always be your umpire..... thumbs blessings