Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Delightful soul

TIME WITH GOD

Hi all,

PLease pray for me someone!

I have been battling spending time with the Lord and I know He is drawing me close.

I know I have gifts and talents, but I really feel to be effective in these, I need to sup with my Lord and things keep getting in the way.

I know I need to discipline my self and get more organised. I am also really feeling the Lord wants me to get physically fit and everywhere I go there seems to be temptations. I ask that someone would agree with me here when I pray now;

father deliver me from evil and help me to resist temptation in the area of food. Give me energy and wisdom and help me to be disciplined to be organised in my day to day life. I have so much to do and so I ask you that you would help me prioritise Lord.

In Jesus name I pray , amen

thanks in advance! tornado

Hi Delightful Soul...

Take the pressure off of yourself. God is love and He doesn't sit there with his arms folded, tapping his feet and upset because you haven't spent much time with him. Do you know what He sees? The deepest parts of your heart and the desire that you have to spend time with Him. The fact that you wrote this post, says that you have a heart that is TOWARDS Him...and that counts.

I think we have it ALL wrong. We think that we have to spend these massive amounts of time with the Lord to please Him, but He's already pleased. Not because your heart is towards Him, but because His love for you is beyond what you can think of or imagine. Just start small. If you have a devotional book, read it each day and then meditate on the scripture throughout the day as you go and talk with Him. You can eve read a Psalm.

There was a time that I felt the way you did and I went to the Lord and cried out to Him and told Him all I wanted to do. My hearts desire was to CRAVE Him above everything else. Then God spoke so gently to my heart and said "you do crave me above everything else"...huh?? I do?? He said, "when you are working, your thoughts go immediately to me and wonder what I thought about this or that". You know, He was exactly right. I've always had that "What Would Jesus Do" type attitude and I've always kept a song humming in my heart...did you know THATS spending time with the Lord as well?

It's not the quantity of time, it's the quality. God is not sitting with a stop watch and a meter trying to figure out who's spending the most time with Him...it's a relationship...it's not bondage. Let His love draw you. You will find that when you spend that little time with Him reading the devotional (or whatever you choose), your day will flow better because that's just how He is. The next thing you will notice is that you will have some extra time to spend with Him. It won't be YOUR doing...it will be His. It's not about "works" with Him...rest in His grace and allow Him to "woo" you...that's what a GOOD MAN does.

you go girl! I could not have said that better myself. It is so awesome to be reminded that it is the heart that God looks at. Not the action but the intent of the action. woo hoo I am so blessed because above all else I love him. My husband is #2 and he knows it. Because my Lord and Savior is #1. So at least my husband is secure to know he lost out to the best. :laughing: . :goodjob: Cholette. Very Nice!

Love in Jesus,

Connie :kitty:

Ohhhh Connie...that was cute!!! Your husband MUST BE secure because there are a lot of men that have the audacity to be jealous of their wives relationship with God...go figure.

Hi girls,

Thanks so much for that, you know God is laughing at me right now, cause I have given the exact same advice to my friends on and off over the years..........so funny.

I know God is calling me to prayer more and yet I have had these traditional thoughts of how to 'spend time with God'........i hate devotional books, they bore me stiff. I really like to watch televangelists on my ipod though and really this is not what it's about is it. I love to just hang with Jesus ...despite what I may be doing at the time I am hanging with Him

you know Jesus said that to me once. He reminded me of a time when I was young and a man how shall i say, wooed me and asked me to be still and let Him 'love' me. You know what? I froze cause it scared me - the thought of doing nothing and being loved by a man, scared me cause I had never had so much attention paid me before and really my whole growing years was spent, trying to please my family and friends and EVERYBODY basically.

I know my relationship is not the same as what I was describing, but the Lord did say to me not long back "let me love you " i think He actually used the word "woo" on occasion......

Are you prophetic or what Cholette??? :loveit:

Thankyou all for this answer to prayer.......I'm feeling better now.

Tanks! :wwjd: :bible: :beammeup: or sweet dreams 2

I never claim the prophetic "thing"...I just love God and allow Him to keep me connected to Him. I'm so happy you are feeling better.

Blessings and peace to you!!

Cholette wrote:
Hi Delightful Soul...

Take the pressure off of yourself. God is love and He doesn't sit there with his arms folded, tapping his feet and upset because you haven't spent much time with him. Do you know what He sees? The deepest parts of your heart and the desire that you have to spend time with Him. The fact that you wrote this post, says that you have a heart that is TOWARDS Him...and that counts.

I think we have it ALL wrong. We think that we have to spend these massive amounts of time with the Lord to please Him, but He's already pleased. Not because your heart is towards Him, but because His love for you is beyond what you can think of or imagine. Just start small. If you have a devotional book, read it each day and then meditate on the scripture throughout the day as you go and talk with Him. You can eve read a Psalm.

There was a time that I felt the way you did and I went to the Lord and cried out to Him and told Him all I wanted to do. My hearts desire was to CRAVE Him above everything else. Then God spoke so gently to my heart and said "you do crave me above everything else"...huh?? I do?? He said, "when you are working, your thoughts go immediately to me and wonder what I thought about this or that". You know, He was exactly right. I've always had that "What Would Jesus Do" type attitude and I've always kept a song humming in my heart...did you know THATS spending time with the Lord as well?

It's not the quantity of time, it's the quality. God is not sitting with a stop watch and a meter trying to figure out who's spending the most time with Him...it's a relationship...it's not bondage. Let His love draw you. You will find that when you spend that little time with Him reading the devotional (or whatever you choose), your day will flow better because that's just how He is. The next thing you will notice is that you will have some extra time to spend with Him. It won't be YOUR doing...it will be His. It's not about "works" with Him...rest in His grace and allow Him to "woo" you...that's what a GOOD MAN does.

You beta say dat gurl!!!!!!!! woo hoo happy dance happy dance

You beta say dat gurl!!!!!!!!

Seriously! thumbs

Cholette, I'm so happy that you were blessed to be able to attend Leadership school, I can't wait to see how God uses you as a result Daph\\'s Dreams , you're already such a gift to the body of Christ! huggins

you go girl!

Thanks Lurdys, but the person who SAID they were going to bless me, backed out... She came up with an excuse that was so religiously spiritual,yet "spiritless", that I told her thank you, but no thank you. It's soooooo important to spend time with the Lord because when you run into people like this, who KNOW God is calling them to do something for you, and then they LIE...it keeps you from putting your foot down their throat...Just sayin...

To God be the Glory...I will be still and KNOW God is God!!

It's soooooo important to spend time with the Lord because when you run into people like this, who KNOW God is calling them to do something for you, and then they LIE...it keeps you from putting your foot down their throat...Just sayin...

rofl

On a serious note, I'm sorry to hear about your reluctant donor...but you know that when one door is closed, another is opened...indeed, be still and know that God is God! huggins

aww Cholette I have heard of this happening sooo many times in ministry...it's that scripture isn't it.......let your yes be yes and your no be 'no'.........no inbetweens or changing minds.

I am reminded of how I promised my church all my furniture recently that was in storage and after I promised, the devil attacked my thoughts with "what if you need the furniture", etc etc...and I thought "no,I committed to giving this stuff away and the devil just wants me to back out....also too I thought of how disappointed they would be if i renegged.........so I gave it cheerfully knowing God is my provider and that I was blessed to be a blessing.......

Cholette, I feel for ya hun........don't be too sad though, they missed out on being blessed........not you and God is BIG and I believe you will have a good testimony very soon about His provision.

Blessings

Thank you DS...

I'm not sad at all. At first I was upset because of the way she did it. She TOLD me that she would pay for it, she just wanted me to find out how much it was. Remember, she approached me...I never seen her a day in my life until she came to ME and offered. It was God because NO ONE knew I was interested in the Leadership College.

When I called her back and told her the cost, I never heard from her. Two days had past and I just figured she was busy. She sends me a TEXT telling me that the Lord told her (while we prayed together that night) to give me $100 towards the tuition only. My thing is this...if God told you that, why did you let me walk away thinking you would pay for it?

I had to release her. She wasn't happy when I texted her back. I told her that I appreciated her willingness to help me, but God is leading me in a different direction...which He is. That whole situation is between her and God and I do appreciate her heart, because it was open enough to approach me. She has to be a good person. She just let flesh get in the way...like we all do from time to time.

Lurdys...what you said about one door closing and another one opening, is what three people have told me regarding this situation. So...out of the mouth of two or three...let it be established. happy dance