Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hiskid

how to respond to prophecy

I got this in my email
God is blowing somethings away from you your emotions will be unstable but heling will come A city near you will catch on fire.
What do I do with this?

I requested a prophecy from a website from a church in Australia

Be careful in doing this HK. You have to know the fruit of all who speak into your life. Anything that is spoken into your life, should confirm something that the Lord has already spoken to you. If it doesn't, I wouldn't receive it. It could be "Joe Blow" giving you that prophecy...be sooo careful. The Bible says to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

The Word of God is the biggest prophetic book there is. When you need a word from the Lord, go there and hear what the Spirit of the Lord is saying to YOU! There is nothing better than a scripture "popping" off the page and it's just for you...LOVE IT!

Blessings

Oh, my...

Yes. I agree with Cholette. You have to be careful when receiving prophecy. It comes to confirm what you already know.

That's cool Virtuous! I've been learning that what I've been learning, God confirms that it is from Him. I didn't know that it applies to prophecy as well, but I totally understand now why that would be. I've had many people prophecy over my son, me, and my husband (but mostly me), and I don't remember any but a gist of one of them. I've had nothing but a few dreams that seemed to confirm it since then. It's so vague that I'm not even sure if I remember the prophecy correctly. I know what my dreams were.

Thank you guysI was praying about a situation and a scripture jumped off the page to me today and it was Dont worry about tomorrow. OK Lord!
I will be careful I dont receive that it sounded so negative.
BTW
I had an ocular migraine and went to the hospital yesterday. I saw mathematical symbols in my vision!
I need to drink more water, less coffee, sleep more, stress less! huggins GOD BLESS YOU!

Cholette wrote:
Be careful in doing this HK. You have to know the fruit of all who speak into your life. Anything that is spoken into your life, should confirm something that the Lord has already spoken to you. If it doesn't, I wouldn't receive it. It could be "Joe Blow" giving you that prophecy...be sooo careful. The Bible says to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

The Word of God is the biggest prophetic book there is. When you need a word from the Lord, go there and hear what the Spirit of the Lord is saying to YOU! There is nothing better than a scripture "popping" off the page and it's just for you...LOVE IT!

Blessings

Amen, to that! I heard a pastor, his name is Joseph Prince, he said that this week and that made perfect sense!

Cholette wrote:
LOVE LOVE LOVE Joseph Prince!!!!! thumbs

Oh my gosh, I love him too, I thought I was the only one!!! No one hardly talks about him. I remember first seeing him in like 2007, they use to bring him on TBN late Friday nights (hardly no one was watching), now he is on every morning on some of the local channels...spreading the Gospel of Grace!!!! happy dance

I have a whole library of his CD's and both of his books and some of his little small books! God brought him into my life right in the Knick of time. The Gospel of Grace has shut down all of that legalistic stuff that I was prone too in my Christian walk and now I'm FREEEE as a dove!! dove

Yes I agree with the comments above that they must agree with what's already in your heart.

Sometimes we get stuff from foreign countries (I'm Australian) and we think cause it is from overseas that it is special, but really the whole world has it's false prophesying and people who are new to the gift who are like kids with powerful toys waving them about willy nilly.

Glad that you judged the word wisely HK.

Blessings from downunder!

I know. I have some of his cds as well. I have invited his teachings into my life because they are straight from Jesus Christ. I love the way he always lifts up Christ, in all of his sermons, he talks about God's love for us. It is so freeing, you truly feel like God is your Daddy!!

I know who ya'll are talking about! I used to watch him sometimes on late night tv! I really did enjoy his preaching and he is one of those who helped me to see God how I've been searching to see Him.