Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovelywomanofvirtue

Question: How do you know when you are in your season?

I just want to know how do you know when you are in the season of meeting your mate? I dunno if that is the right way to ask it...or maybe I could ask...for those who are engaged/married, how did you know you were in your season of meeting your mate? Or did you? And too, how did you know that was "The One"?

God told me a couple times in my life, but I didn't know it was God telling me... I married the guy and found out after we were married that the guy was the same one from earlier in my life that God had told me that I would marry.

I'm actually stepping out in faith and seeking atm, it's been nearly two years since my last relationship, so it's good to get my feet wet again in the dating pool......

Thank you Delightful!! I love it too and it still wows me!!
Yah bless you in your Delightful dating lol!

I think God has a different path for all us, seems like everyone has an unique story. And it seems like every dating book has a theory of finding your mate. I think every "single and waiting" book has a recommendation of what you need to do, who you need to be for it to happen. But in all things it really depends on God, not man. So, the question really should be how long can I wait on God? I know, I know I didn't like when people told me to wait but it is scriptural Psalm 37:7 says "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him."

Gissy2 wrote:
I think God has a different path for all us, seems like everyone has an unique story. And it seems like every dating book has a theory of finding your mate. I think every "single and waiting" book has a recommendation of what you need to do, who you need to be for it to happen. But in all things it really depends on God, not man. So, the question really should be how long can I wait on God? I know, I know I didn't like when people told me to wait but it is scriptural Psalm 37:7 says "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him."

thumbs Amen!!!

I know I'm in my season because God told me. Things that didn't make sense before (dreams) now make sense. The closer you are to God, there is just a knowing and just like Gissy said...it's different for everyone...not a "cookie cutter" answer.

Yeah...I figured there wasn't a cookie cutter answer...i believe that I am in my season as well.....my life seems to be looking kinda like the Notebook movie...not everything in it, but its something like that right now...been trying to pray for clarity.

I LOVE THE NOTEBOOK!!! If that's how your life looks, then girl, you are there...LOL!! happy dance

I've had a similar experience to the Notebook, except not sure about the ending LOL.......

God has told me to hold back on the whole dating thing, how patient does a girl have to be ARGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ha ha ha...I can tell you about being patient DS...but I won't bore you.

All I can say is that if we want it "right", we MUST do it the way God wants it done. In Hebrews 11 it says that God is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Time will pass as we seek Him and learn the things He wants us to learn as we are in the "waiting room". It's been NINETEEN years (with a couple of dates here and there), but it didn't feel like 19 until recent. I told someone how long its been and the way they reacted, it dawned on me how long it's been. I spent the bulk of that time learning God's Word,involved in my church and enjoying my life. Now that the time is drawing nigh, I can say it was ALLLLL worth it.

you're inspiring! Thanks for your testimony. I have been waiting for the one for a similar amount of time, but yeah have not been as obedient and patient........God is helping me though! praying

All I can say is that if we want it "right", we MUST do it the way God wants it done.

This is exactly what happened with Abraham and Sarah. Sarah gave her maidservant to Abraham to have a child with. They didn’t do it “right”. They tried to help God out. Although, God blessed Ishmael because of Abraham’s prayers for him, God said,

“And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation. But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.” (Genesis 17:20-21)

The covenant God has made with us concerning our mates will be established with the mate He has chosen for us. That’s the only way it’s going to be “right” and done the way God wants it done.

You know, God was saying, Okay Abraham. I’ve heard your prayer about your son and I’m going to bless him because he is your seed. But look, my covenant that I made with you will be established with Isaac. The seed I promised you that you and your wife Sarah was going to have.

But, Agghhhhhhhhhh…I understand the waiting…….Agggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!

It's interesting that you share the story of Abraham Virtuous because this is the story God gave me WAY back when he first told me about my mate. He told me my husband would be an "Isaac". Little did I know that God was also preparing me for the length of time that I would have to wait for "Isaac" to arrive. Trust me...MANY "Ishmael's" have been so tempting and appealing, but my mind was stuck on "Isaac"...he's GOD'S BEST for ME!!

Ahh, Cholette. These two verses of scripture was a REAL EYE OPENER what for me. And this was just last week! I’m believing God for my husband and just like you, I’ve had a lot of Ishmael’s come through. I even fell for one of them (remember X? – yeah, right). All of my dreams and desires, especially concerning my mate, are covenants from God. When I read verse 21 I was like, yep, that’s it. If I want the life I know God has made a covenant with me about, it has to be with “who”, “what”, “where”, “how” and “when” by God’s design. He only has to honor HIS WORD, HIS WAY, and HIS TIMING. All it is, is His Will for our lives coming forth.

When God made the covenant with Abraham, He said Sarah (who) would bear/give birth (how) to a son (what). He didn’t make this covenant until after Abraham had gone unto the land God had shown him when He told him to leave the country and his father’s house (where) and told him it would be this time next year (when).
If you notice, a lot of time God told whoever He was speaking to at the time to go over “there” because “there” He had already prepared what He purposed! We have to make sure we are in the right place. I don’t think Abraham and Sarah would have had Isaac had they not left the country/Abrahams fathers house…same with us. We may not have to leave the country, but we have a “there”.

This is why I feel so strongly about God’s Will and the covenants He makes with us. He’s going to make it and give specific instructions on how to get there. Just thinking about it makes me want to shout! happy dance

I was reading about the promises and covenants of God. The ones I’ve read so far, when He made a covenant, He gave a sign to the one He made a covenant with that every time they saw it, they would be reminded of the covenant. About a month ago, I was talking to the Lord and I told Him about the signs He gave to those so that every time they saw it, it would remind them of the covenant He made with them. I told Him I know that He is faithful to His word and He would do what He said He would do in my life. I asked Him if He would send me a sign of the covenant that every time I saw it, I will remember the covenants He’s made with me. Thanksgiving, He told me He was about to pour out the blessings He promised me. He told me that every time I see RAIN (sign of the covenant) to start praising Him! Hallelujah! Yes, Lord!

I never had an inkling or a clue, when "my God chosen mate" was in my near future....I too think God has His own plan for each of us in His own time.

AHHHH ABRAHAM,

God told me years ago 'go to a land I have called you to, a land you do not know"........I have always identified with Abrahams story. Now I am identifying with Sarah's too hehehe rofl