Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blue101

feel betrayed

Hi family,

I am writing because a friend of mine, whom I had a romantic interest in and have developed feelings for, recently confessed to me that basically while he was getting close to me, he was being sexually inappropriate with another woman.

My heart dropped disappointed Even though we were not together, it still really hurt and felt like an affair of some sort. My heart is really hurting. I truly trusted this brother and was emotionally vulnerable with him as well. I was honest with him, why wasn't he honest with me. Im upset at myself for even letting him in. Just in need of prayers and encouragement.

Thanks guys

I would like to flip this so you can see it from a different perspective Blue101. God protected you and spared you from another level of healing. What I mean by that is...you could have gotten into a relationship with this person and became so in love and then this could have happened to you. If you've ever been cheated on in the past, like I have, it's one of the most PAINFUL processes a person can go through. Even though it hurts now...think of what God spared you from if the relationship would have gone deeper.

His "inappropriateness" just shows that he's possibly not where you are in your relationship with God. This is not to judge him, but the Bible says that a man is known by the fruit that he bears (Matthew 7:20). So don't see this as rejection...see this as God's love FOR YOU!!! He loved you so much that he allowed this to happen to show you that this guy may not be GOD'S BEST for you.

I'm praying with you!!

Just rember, HE LOVES YOU! HE WONT LET YOU DOWN! HE WILL FIX IT!
HE WILL BRING THE RIGHT MAN FOR YOU! GO BLESS YOU!