Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sirianta

I have to write a book!

Hey guys, lately I have this burning desire to write a book about God or Jesus. Why? Because everytime I pray to God I start crying 'cause it saddens me that there are people who are christians but doesn't know God and doesn't realise how lovable He really is. I feel so much sorrow for God because He has send His son, His child to die for us. Now that's love!! None of us would be able to do that. I just want people to realise how much God loves them. It also saddens me that people can say such bad stuff about God when God created them and gave them this life!! This is really a passion of mine.

I've had 3 dreams about this book the last three nights. The first one was where I was busy writing and I received one word: "GOD" then I knew I should write a book about God and who He really is.
The second dream was where I was at a formal function which was for authors and I received an award for this book. Now, I don't want to write this book to receive anythig out of it. I just want to tell people about God and who He really is.
The third dream was where I was writing again and I was told that I'm not allowed to copy any words from another writer's book, not even one word.

I just need prayer because I've never written a book before and I still need to learn a lot! But I do trust God and I know this is what He wants me to do to glorify His name! This is just a little bit that I can do for everything He has done for me.

Love in Christ
Sirianta

Sirianta,

That is so awesome! Just obey the Lord's instruction. Ask him for the words he wants you to put down on paper. He is faithful to help us accomplish the task he has given us.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Sirianta, Nine years ago God told me to write a book and He gave me the name for it. "Its A God Thing...MY SHEEP WLL HEAR MY VOICE" My burden in my heart was that I have had a deep and personal experience learning at 22 years old how to hear the voice of God. My first experience of actually hearing God, was asking God a question in prayer and having Him answer me clearly out loud from the sky....My burden was that I had longed to hear God all my life and I know there are others out there who also long for this.
God is calling His children to share the Gospel, through their writings, their music, their movies, poetry and all venues know to man. I really feel in the Spirit that He is calling us to do the thing that He is putting in our laps and in our heart.
My book was published (and like you this is about your heart wanting to do what God wants) and I know that whatever happens with this book is totally up to God.
God will provide the guidance and the training and everything else that you need to compete the thing that He is having you do!!!! God Bless!

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I really appreciate it. I am so excited about this journey that God is giving me! About a month ago a certain christian magazine asked their readers to send them a story about something in their life which they trusted God and where God answered their prayer. I wrote them a story and it is going to get published!! I never thought I would ever get such a chance where people could read how God works in my life. I wrote the story 'cause I wanted to give hope to people and remind them how important it is to trust in God.
I just want to glorify His name and help others who gave up hope!

God bless you all!

Siranta, I think you should print your story in Mias forum also, where you can share your teachings with others. That would be wonderful...Mias page is another opportuntiy to share lessons in Christ with others.

Linda that's a great idea! Cause God is opening my eyes to stuff and sharing so much lately and I know I must share this with others!
God bless you xxx

Have you thought of studying writing to help get your book published, or joining a writers group? I have found this helpful and it has taught me much about the steps to take.....and has empowered me alot in the area of writing approaches, styles, structure and even simple things like grammar and spelling. Editors do alot of the tidying around the edges, but I hope you consider the many options there are out there if you believe you are called to write......it will definatley stir up the gift and help polish it too.

Blessings

Thanks DS! I know I have to get more background on this 'cause this is my first time, although I love creative writing. Maybe like you say I should join a writers group. Thing is, I really don't have time to really study. I'm working full time and I've got two small kids. Then there is my husband who always complains when I keep myself busy with my creativity and then I'm studying the Word of God too. Inbetween all that, I don't think I will get the time. So maybe, like you've suggested, I should join a writers group.

Also this book is not going to be in english (english isn't my home language). I don't have the vocabulary to write in english and my tenses sometimes is all mixed up laugh, and I think I make some spelling mistakes too sometimes without even knowing it. I can better express myself in my homelanguage which is Afrikaans.

Thank you so much for this suggestion DS!! kiss

Have you got any suggestions of any writers groups?

LOVE IN CHRIST
S

Hi Sirianta,

First of all I just want to say that I think you would be the perfect person to write a book. I can honestly say that you have been a blessing to myself and many others on this website. Im not an interpreter and these are just my comments, but if you get three dreams about a particular subject, I believe that God is trying to tell you something. I also believe you have had a lot of experiences on this forum, and many of the things you have experienced and seen on this forum, could really be used in your book.

I think its amazing that God gave you those dreams about writing a book, He clearly has a plan for you and if thats what he wants you to do, I believe he will give you the annointing to do it. You can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens you.

Just to give you some practical advice. Did you know that you can actually self publish a book? Check this website out: www.lulu.com

I believe if God has called you to write a book, you will touch many lives, and Im sure it will be a witness to your family too. God bless and wish you every success :)

Awww John, again thank you soooo much for your kind and encouraging words!

The article that I wrote for that Christian magazine was really enspired by the Holy Spirit and I think I got this chance (the article is going to get published) because God knows there is woman out there who needs to read this article. It is a story of hope and telling people that they should never loose their trust in GOD. It's all about faith and God loves it when we trust in Him and will bless anyone who fully trusts Him, because by trusting in God we show Him that we realise how great and powerfull He is.

I'm feeling the same way about this book, that it will be inspired by the Holy Spirit. God gave me a gift to write, (I love writing since I was in school) and I want to use this gift to glorify His name and give people hope and tell people to put their trust in God again, 'cause nothing is impossible for Him. We shouldn't measure God against the abilities of man, because He is much GREATER than us and I just want to let people realise how much He loves them!! It's a passion of mine flower

Blessings
S

Yeah, you definitely have a gift. I was actually inspired just by reading what you wrote in that paragraph. God really spoke to me in what you just wrote. I really need to realize God is not like a normal man, that he is full of strength and power and with him nothing is impossible. I admit, sometimes I doubt and even get upset and frustrated with God, but I need to keep trusting and believing in him. "With God nothing is impossible"

You knowwhat, we all feel that way sometimes. We also have to remember that God knows we're not perfect. And He knows what we are going through. Even Jesus asked God if it is possible that he don't have to drink from the cup before he died for us on the cross. So yes, He knows how we feel when we get discouraged ect.
I had a miscarriage once after struggling to fall pregnant. But I wasn't mad at God, 'cause I know stuff like this is not from Him but from the enemy. In my spirit I could feel how sad God was with me because of the miscarriage.
We have to praise Him in the storm and try our best, although it is not always easy. But if you do that God is going to bless you soooo much!!

Just trust in Him. He knows your hearts desires and so much want to make your dreams come to pass!!!

Blessings

I am in a writers group and they do advertise in your local area there may be one, keep an eye out in the papers or arts groups....I'm in australia and so I have found a good one about half an hour away.

Sirianta I believe that if you stand strong, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. Nice pic by the way!

Blessings - also try starting with poetry, also you could look for a poetry group! POetry doesn't have to rhyme but it enhances your writers skills tremendously.

Tis ok whatever language you feel to write in, GO FOR IT GIRL! thumbs

THANKS DS!! huggins I'm from South Africa soldier lol!

And thanks for the compliment :kissyface:

I will definately look up some writers group!!

And bless you DS!!!!!!!!!! We can someday exchange tips and help each other kiss