Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KDRE

Please pray for me

have been going through a storm in my marriage of 11 years now, and quite honestly some times are harder than others....its been about a year now that this particular situation has worsened, sometimes I can deal with it, other times its frustrating, it downright feels like my heart is coming out of my chest, and when I try expressing how im feeling, it never goes over well...

No funny business or anything but as a brother in Christ, please pray for me...I usually dont solicit prayers because im pretty good with praying every day, but this week i cannot find words to come out of my mouth, and to top it off I have to preach this Friday night and its very difficult to focus although I have a scripture, thats about where it ends...

I know you all can get a prayer through :/

When we are weakest He is strong. Amen. Lord minister to and through kdre now~ Lord please pour blessings and insight revelation and power on your child, In Jesus name, let it be according to YOUR will father. Take the thorn out Lord so all can heal, in Jesus name. amen

Ugh!!! I hate hearing this...I will be praying for you KDRE!! So many marriages are suffering right now. I've been praying in this area for awhile now because families are being destroyed. God is the SUSTAINER and the AUTHOR of LOVE, and we will stand on that for your situation.

Thank You guys so much... and Thanks for the hug

KDRE keep your faith in the Lord, do not have the minimum doubt that he can restore your marriage and fix any type of problem you are going through. Sometimes our human mind likes to put down how almighty our Lord is. Just know that He has everything in His hands, and at the end of the storm comes the calm. The Lord likes us to praise Him and sing songs of worship both when we are happy and when things seem to be going the worst in our lives. Why? Because it shows that we have our faith in Him and that we know how almighty He is! Continue to pray and continue to wait upon the Lord for His timing is perfect and He never arrives late. He is always by our side, no matter how alone we feel, no matter how much it seems that people are not aware of what we are going through, the Lord does and He has everything in His hands. Sometimes we try to do things with our own hands but instead of fixing things we just make things worst than they were to begin with, but no matter what the Lord still shows us that He's always had things under control for He is the creator of all the Earth and the universe, there is nothing impossible for Him. All we have to do is have faith and be patient.

I usually don't answer to prayer request posts since I am still young, all I do is pray for the prayer requests. But Cholette is right, a lot of marriages are suffering all around us, as so was my parents' marriage. It seemed as if victory was far from reach, yet that's when it was the closest. Things were fine and from one moment to another my father left the house for about a whole month, many things happened during that month, but now I thank the Lord for He never puts us through anything we cannot handle and He never leaves our side. He showed us that He has perfect timing, we may want things to fix from one minute to another and the Lord is capable of making that happen, but we are not worthy of having our prayers answered so soon, we are not perfect and the Lord wants to see how much faith we truly have in Him, how much we are willing to truly give up for Him, how many times a day we're willing to get on our knees and turn to Him, and how many days we're willing to fast for His answer. We go through these type of things to be molded as the Lord wants us to be, He wants us closer to Him and He wants others to see His miracles in order to believe in Him. So many people at church doubted that my father would return home for he is not baptized, he would go to church but was not a member, and when they saw how changed my father returned home, they admitted to my mother how they would point her down when she would declare victory over her marriage while my father was away from home. The Lord truly showed our family that He never left our side and how much He loves us. He is almighty, He is holy!

I will be praying for your marriage, hold on to your faith, and don't lose hope. There is nothing impossible for the Lord, and you are never alone. Continue to declare victory over your marriage, just as my mother did. You will receive it, I can guarantee you that. Bless You

"The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

The righteous person may have many troubles,
but the LORD delivers him from them all; he protects all his bones,
not one of them will be broken." Psalm 34:17-20

Thanks and great post Abigail

That post was on the money and boy did i need every bit of it

I do feel God definitely has something big for my wife and I the way the enemy jumps on us at times... has to

That said, I was able to speak although I felt like I could've done much better... left the notes for my message home,ugh but I went on anyway

The altar call was actually pretty nice sized and tears were rolling down peoples eyes.. I cant tell you what would've made me feel better about it all honestly, but i felt like the message was a mess and the prayer on the altar was such a blessing

Either way, I try not to think about it and move on, its tough to do that, but what it is, I feel like im in a stage right now where things are a pull...a pull in prayer (corporately) being one who opens services in prayer.. not sure why but I wont give up because of that... its just a fight sometimes

I feel like i need more power at times like this.... Just not sure what else to do... i fast, i pray each day, i stay faithful to the ministry im under

Do you ever feel like this, ever?

and seperately Thank You all for your prayers and answering this thread... as I always say this site is a true God send... I pray I get a chance some day to meet you all

I will say that the attack on your marriage could be because of a plethora of things that are taking place in the spiritual realm that you know not of. I KNOW with all of my heart that God is working on marriages because of all of the drama that is taking place ALL OVER!! I've seen marriages that have been stapled examples for years, all of a sudden, fall apart. Divorces from the left and the right!!! I'm constantly praying for friends who have found out that their spouse has committed adultry.

My prayer has ALWAYS been that when God finally brings my future mate and I together, that we will be THE example of what true marriage is (first time that I am publically saying this). My desire is to help put marriage back on the "map", in the way God designed for it in the first place. I can't tell you how many people in the body of Christ have adopted the attitude of the world by reducing marriage to a "piece of paper". What a slap in God's face because MARRIAGE IS POWER!!!!! Marriage is God's opportunity to link two live wires together and produce the true definition of a POWER COUPLE!!! In so many cases, there's only one part of the wire still working or none at all and all you have is a lifeless couple not utilizing the power that is TRULY flowing through each of them.

KDRE you said:

I feel like i need more power at times like this.... Just not sure what else to do... i fast, i pray each day, i stay faithful to the ministry im under

It's because the other piece of your wire isn't working...HOWEVER as you link up to God and present your wife to the Lord...GOD WILL MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE!! You have enough power inside of YOU to maintain this marriage until your wife gets back into her rightful position...assisting you and being your helpmate...your influence. Right now you are not operating on all cylinders, but now that you know that, God will step in, at the point of your asking, and make up the difference.

Love her and treat her the way God has commanded a husband to treat his wife REGARDLESS of what comes back to you until she catches on. Ask God to reveal the adjustments that YOU need to make in the relationship while He works on her. In a marriage, the couple feeds off each other. You may not be getting what you need from her emotionally or spiritually, but God can do that for now while you are empowered to do your part for her to help nurse her back to spiritual and emotional condition.

I've never been married a day in my life, but God has TRULY graced me with some type of gift to help married people...not sure why. I usually get the *side eye* when ministering to couples once they find out I've never been married...lol! Hey, what can I say? I've inquired of the Lord for wisdom in this area so I can know beforehand. Some people who have trusted me have allowed me to counsel them and there has been some fruit so to GOD BE THE GLORY!!! I'm still praying!!!

~KDRE,

I am sharing this with you in hopes that it may help you and your wife find what my husband and I have found. If I have learned nothing else about being married I have learned that we must be a servant to one another, pray for one another, love one another and forgive one another. Let's look at how Jesus showed us what to do.

1. He was first a servant to us.

2. He prayed for us

3. He loved us so much he died for us

4. His final act was to forgive us

You see in marriage we need only follow that example. When we do our spouse will respond in kind. My husband and I struggled for a long time until the Lord showed us this. When we started to apply these actions in our daily life toward each other, everything started to change for us. That is when we invited God into the relationship and he took over. I pray this is of some help.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Let me first say this... as far as the service goes.. I just remembered a dream I posted so i went back to read it, and in the dream as I wrote I said I was preaching about how rough things were that I had gone through

Thats exactly what I ended up speaking out on Friday...then I was able to speak about that dream and give the interpretation to the congregation

Now that said, as far as where I go, I do believe my wife and I are examples because honestly of all of the youngest married minsters and wives, all of the others all but left except for us. Lots of young people are drawn to us, our Asst and Youth pastor pulled us over to the side and said he recognized that our ministries have grown and that he would like to not only encourage us in the ministry, but also asked us to be his assistants.

I do believe there are things going on in the spirit I know nothing about...Whatever it is, I just want to see God... a couple of weeks ago we had one thing after another after another happen to us, life I guess all at once, but it started with a neighbor waking me up telling me someone had shot up my truck that was parked in the back of our building

The devil must be mad about something, but what who knows...

Now our marriage is no different than any normal one, but I do believe that satan tries to get in and cause confusion because its important to us for one and two he hates marriages...especially any one that can be an example

Seems like alot of times things get worse before they get better :)

Also Cholette.... just by the way you talk I know you are special to and unique to God, and precious to him in your personal relationship... people can side eye all they want, but if you have the Lords favor you just do.... :glory:

Dove-Solutions wrote:
~KDRE,

I am sharing this with you in hopes that it may help you and your wife find what my husband and I have found. If I have learned nothing else about being married I have learned that we must be a servant to one another, pray for one another, love one another and forgive one another. Let's look at how Jesus showed us what to do.

1. He was first a servant to us.

2. He prayed for us

3. He loved us so much he died for us

4. His final act was to forgive us

You see in marriage we need only follow that example. When we do our spouse will respond in kind. My husband and I struggled for a long time until the Lord showed us this. When we started to apply these actions in our daily life toward each other, everything started to change for us. That is when we invited God into the relationship and he took over. I pray this is of some help.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

I totally agree with this, and Ill say that it takes that understanding from both sides for it to flourish, but its definitely something I will share with her as constant reminder...this kind of work never ends in a relationship laugh

KDRE sounds like the Lord uses you and wants to use you in greater ways! Just hold on to His hand and trust in Him, He will never fail you, He does everything for a purpose. I agree that the Lord wants to use both you and your wife in great ways! Keep praying for her and love her unconditionally just as the Lord loves us. I believe the Lord is working in her, she may react wrong and may change from one minute to another, or may seem as if she doesn't understand you but trust that the Lord is working in her. I am currently in this bible study called "The Hem of His Garment" and I read about how certain emotions such as anger, anxiety, depression, frequent crying, withdrawing, etc surface and all those feelings are wounds we have dug up inside ourselves and avoided instead of facing them and dealing with them. But when those feelings begin to surface its because the Lord wants to heal us completely from our wounds/sins we have committed in the past/sins that have been committed against us. Its a process but in the end it will all be worth it :)

May the Lord continue to bless you and your wife and your home. May He continue to use you and your wife. He has great things for the both of you, I know He does! Just keep holding onto faith. Bless You

Amen Abagail :)

You guys are awesome and although Ive said it before.... YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!