Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jasmine

My calling

I feel called to write scripts and act. I don't feel called to anything else and I have a passion for it. What do I do? My family isn't all for the acting for part, which is a big part.
My mom doesn't have money for agents or other stuff.

Most churches have dramas and plays, maybe first speak to your parents if it would be OK for you to prompt your idea to your youth pastor. Most plays and dramas do not require that much money!

Destine wrote:
Most churches have dramas and plays, maybe first speak to your parents if it would be OK for you to prompt your idea to your youth pastor. Most plays and dramas do not require that much money!

You took the words right out of my mouth!!

Start at the church...it's known to open doors. There is a young lady at my church who writes plays. My pastor asked her to put together a short drama that was in relation to one of his messages and it was awesome!! Just recently she was asked, by her school, to do a play and she had the opportunity to write one about her life and it touched hundreds of people.

Let God open the door for you...the Bible says that your gift will make room for you (Proverbs 18:16). God knows the amount of money (if any) that is needed to get you where you need to be. Let him do it.

Just for the record, I dont have a youth pastor. Im in an extremly small church. They have never done a skit and the other kids arent that thrilled over church.

Be the first one Jasmine! Just because it's never been done doesn't mean it can't be done. Go to your pastor with the idea and see what he says. This may be the very thing that will get the youth excited about church.

I will be praying...

No. im writing one. This pastor is in his 70s. Idk if he'll think its good.

Don't worry about how old he is...you never know what his prayer has been to the Lord. Just submit it and let God do the rest. If he isn't too keen on the idea, then God has another opportunity lined up for you, just yield to His timing. I'm proud of you for stepping out in your passion...

Just keep writing Jasmine..let the Lord lead you every step of the way.. u never know what door He might open for you...
For me its when i let Go and Let God guide me..He opned doors..

Just write in Jesus's Name.. an dont worry what pastor thinks.. ask Him... Ask your school..
also if u do some research, some communities might do it as well..sometimes thy dnt take money .. like a non profit thing... Keep searching & God will open that door at the appointed time...