Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

Christmas Time Chitter Chat ~ Daily Thread

chatng10.jpg
Pic by Tweet40

Merry Christmas CeeGeeans, it's now Boxing Day in the UK (26th December) and the chat goes on!

*and if you don't know what Boxing Day is, see Bee's post on page 2 congratulations

Hello everyone

hope you all had wonderful Christmas Day and now enjoying peacefull Boxing Day with your friends and family.

ahh guess I missed you.

Happy Boxing Day (is that how the sentiment is expressed?) to all of oyu in the UK. Maybe I'll catch you later

hello Frannie
I' still here - cooking soups in PS

I just created signature and it's now showing - I must have done something wrong Sad

Ok I've changed the setting in preferences to attach singature and as I can see it made no difference what so ever

never mind - it's working now

guess I'll go for a walk to try to work off yesterday's meal

will try to catch you sometimes later

hii...
anyone here?
here, i'll let my hamster write you something lmao..
loi79k6td

that means hi Laughing

Lucky Strike wrote:
xaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxa! so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xaxaaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxa!

heh! well we don't have it here do we? Ashamed

foxydrama wrote:
Lucky Strike wrote:

I don't know what it is either ... :blush3:

tweet40 wrote:
hii...
anyone here?
here, i'll let my hamster write you something lmao..
loi79k6td

that means hi Laughing

smut wrote:
what is boxing day?

foxydrama wrote:
hi!!
yes, really- how is it said? happy boxing day?

foxydrama wrote:
Lucky Strike wrote:

mindyjoy wrote:
foxydrama wrote:
Lucky Strike wrote:

I don't know what it is either ... :blush3:

i'm sorry... the laught was for tweets post.. AshamedAshamedAshamed

as for the boxing day... i have noooooooo clue.. Ashamed

sorry for the confusion.. Ashamed

smut wrote:
what is boxing day?

Boxing Day is a bank and public holiday in the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, Greenland, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Nigeria, Jamaica and countries in the Commonwealth of Nations with a mainly Christian population. In South Africa this public holiday is now known as the Day of Goodwill. Though it is not an official holiday in the United States, the name "Boxing Day" for the day after Christmas has some currency among Americans, particularly those that live near the Canada – United States border.

Boxing day was traditionally a day the servants had a day off from their duties. Because of this the gentry would eat cold cuts and have a buffet style feast prepared by the servants in advance. In modern times many families will still follow this tradition by eating a family style buffet lunch, with cold cuts rather than a full cooked meal. It is a time for family, parlour games and sports in the UK.

The traditional recorded celebration of Boxing Day has long included giving money and other gifts to boxing organizers, who were needy and in service positions. The European tradition has been dated to the Middle Ages, but the exact origin is unknown and there are some claims that it goes back to the late Roman/early Christian era; metal boxes were placed outside churches used to collect special offerings tied to the Feast of Saint Stephen.[1]

In the United Kingdom it certainly became a custom of the nineteenth century Victorians for tradesmen to collect their "Christmas boxes" or gifts in return for good and reliable service throughout the year on the day after Christmas.[2] The exact etymology of the term "Boxing" is unclear, with several competing theories, none of which are clearly true.[3]

The establishment of Boxing Day as a defined public holiday under the legislation that created the UK's Bank Holidays started the separation of 'Boxing Day' from the 'Feast of St Stephen' and today it is almost entirely a secular holiday with a tradition of shopping and post Christmas sales starting.

armellproctor wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
:balls:

:balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls: :balls:

Hi everyone .... i guess everyone is busy with the holidays because every time I stop by there is no one around .... I am busy myself with my Broter -in-law and his girlfriend visiting for a few days but I wanted to let you all know that I miss you and wish you the best for the Holidays and the New Year .... hope to talk to you soon Smile

I've been really busy Marisol. Both the girls here, and 3 cats in the house!
Today my ED's boyfriend is coming as well, lucky the food hasn't run out so that's ok.

It's been a lovely Christmas, and I hope everyone is enjoying the same Smile

Hi everyone, I know what you all mean about being busy Smile

We had a house full and it was lovely, our neighbours who're like parents/grandparents to us were here, my two and my daughters boyfriend, my brother and his daughter...we had a lovely couple of days.

Today I have Bob's niece coming along for an overnight stay, she's also one of my best friends so we'll be having a jar or two tonight!!

Lots of love to everyone and I hope your holidays are as good as mine.

Stopping by to see if anyone was here.... and as my luck has been the past week. my timing is off. We're recovering nicely from Christmas and mark still has one week off before the New Year's and his birthday (the 2nd). Never thought I'd be married to a 60 year old LOLOLOL

Lol, thought to drop by, have some spare time (nothing to do, am at BFs house untill tomorrow - staying a day longer). Have been really spoiled by him :blush3:

Seeying no one is here, I'm off again, see you all later
and dont forget about the Bunny Girl quiz :good:
> link: quiz

Hello everyone! Sorry, like everyone else I have been busy with family etc. congratulations Hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and I'm lookin forward to being able to chat again soon. Take care and enjoy.

hello everyone i hope you are all enjoying you Christmas i have been very busy also , we spent a few hours in the hospital last night my dear friend has had a bad time through out the season , and has had a break down of sorts long story, but now she's in good hands and i hope she will get the help that she needs

i miss you all and hope to see you all soon

oviakiki wrote:
Stopping in to say hello. Hoping all are having a wonderful Christmas. Hug for all.

Hello sweetie i hope you had a good Christmas Smile

mindyjoy wrote:
Good Armell, just woke up and contemplating breakfast. How are you?

doing good hun had a late night i am still groggy lol Laughing

haha, me too, I kept waking up for some reason. What are your plans today? I plan to be very lazy lol, but at some point I have to go to get groceries.

mindyjoy wrote:
haha, me too, I kept waking up for some reason. What are your plans today? I plan to be very lazy lol, but at some point I have to go to get groceries.
:l

you and me both Laughing i am going to figure out how to down load my pictures today but right now thats about it , i was asked to make some more elf dolls so i might cut out te patterns today

did you see the spoilers yet , some of the stuff is pretty good , i was hopoing for a new years cake , something with the 2010 on it lol i have been buying mb but no luck on getting any of that stuff Mad

Bee wrote:
smut wrote:
what is boxing day?

Boxing Day is a bank and public holiday in the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, Greenland, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Nigeria, Jamaica and countries in the Commonwealth of Nations with a mainly Christian population. In South Africa this public holiday is now known as the Day of Goodwill. Though it is not an official holiday in the United States, the name "Boxing Day" for the day after Christmas has some currency among Americans, particularly those that live near the Canada – United States border.

Boxing day was traditionally a day the servants had a day off from their duties. Because of this the gentry would eat cold cuts and have a buffet style feast prepared by the servants in advance. In modern times many families will still follow this tradition by eating a family style buffet lunch, with cold cuts rather than a full cooked meal. It is a time for family, parlour games and sports in the UK.

The traditional recorded celebration of Boxing Day has long included giving money and other gifts to boxing organizers, who were needy and in service positions. The European tradition has been dated to the Middle Ages, but the exact origin is unknown and there are some claims that it goes back to the late Roman/early Christian era; metal boxes were placed outside churches used to collect special offerings tied to the Feast of Saint Stephen.[1]

In the United Kingdom it certainly became a custom of the nineteenth century Victorians for tradesmen to collect their "Christmas boxes" or gifts in return for good and reliable service throughout the year on the day after Christmas.[2] The exact etymology of the term "Boxing" is unclear, with several competing theories, none of which are clearly true.[3]

The establishment of Boxing Day as a defined public holiday under the legislation that created the UK's Bank Holidays started the separation of 'Boxing Day' from the 'Feast of St Stephen' and today it is almost entirely a secular holiday with a tradition of shopping and post Christmas sales starting.

ohhhh now i understand it lol we also have it here im from denmark but here we call it 2 christmas day it was there because i was a littel confuse i never hat seen the name boxing day before but here in denmark 1 and 2 christmas day is near the same and both day is day were the familie take on wisith to eat but today i thing many famili in denmark do this the hole christmas week when the perrens not work but when they work they do it most at the 1 and 2 chrstmas day because there they have holidays and the same at 1 january they also have a holiday so there some people take to new year wisit to the family

hope some one understnad what i meen with this here but im not so good to english

Hi smut, I understand what you mean and I think your english is very good! congratulations

Armell, I did see the stuff and thanks for reminding me I need to buy a few things before they disappear.

smut wrote:
Bee wrote:
smut wrote:
what is boxing day?

ohhhh now i understand it lol we also have it here im from denmark but here we call it 2 christmas day it was there because i was a littel confuse i never hat seen the name boxing day before but here in denmark 1 and 2 christmas day is near the same and both day is day were the familie take on wisith to eat but today i thing many famili in denmark do this the hole christmas week when the perrens not work but when they work they do it most at the 1 and 2 chrstmas day because there they have holidays and the same at 1 january they also have a holiday so there some people take to new year wisit to the family

hope some one understnad what i meen with this here but im not so good to english

hello , your English is very good , i totaly understand what you are saying, in Canada we call it boxing day that's when we see all our friends that we didn't get to see on Christmas day

mindyjoy wrote:
Hi smut, I understand what you mean and I think your english is very good! congratulations

Armell, I did see the stuff and thanks for reminding me I need to buy a few things before they disappear.

i was just looking at all the stuff, i pretty well have all that i want so now on to the new items Smile

Ok, I have no coins left so I've bought all I can buy, lol

Need to go eat breakfast and go shopping ... see you later!

The Diva wrote:
hi folks Merry christmas to you all xxxxxxxxxx

Hello Diva i haven't seen you in such a long time , how was your Christmas hun Smile