Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheWhiteShadow

A Different Vehicle

Hey, all -

I'm going to check out a different vehicle tomorrow. I'd appreciate prayer for wisdom on my end, and favor with whomever I deal with. Big purchases are always a source of major anxiety for me!

Thanks,
-Mark

Lord, I pray that You will go before Mark and help him pick out the perfect vehicle. I also pray that hidden things will be bought to light if there is anything wrong with the car or any trickery on the salesman's end. I pray that he be dealt with favorably and that he will get above and beyond what he's ever asked or imagined!

Hi Mark! How exciting about your vehicle! The scripture comes to mind for you in Isaiah how the Lord leads us with His peace. I pray for such a peace to be upon you for the right vehicle to purchase!! If your uneasy, hold off until God gives you a peace. Bless you brother.....

Things went well at the dealership. I was upfront in letting them know that price is the most important...and size, since I have a tiny slab of a driveway. :)

So, here's the details, if anyone cares. :D I went there with a Ford Escape in mind. My sister has one that used to belong to my parents, and I have driven it in the past out of need. I told the salesman this via e-mail days before. So, we test drove two of them, and they were acceptable to me. Both of them had quite a few miles on them, though. That ended up being the hang-up when it came to the bank...well, the bank and me. I really wanted to keep my payments the same as what I have now, and with them both having such high miles for their years, we wouldn't be able to make it happen when we consider how much remained to be paid on my current car.

A bit of a bummer, because my friends had joked with me at work about buying the Escape to mark my escape from my present place of employment...if that works out...

But, all hope was not lost, as the salesman said..."Have you considered a Jeep?" I hadn't, and I had reservations because I hadn't done any research on them. Well, he had one that was the same year as my current car, which was also a year older than the newest of the Escapes that we drove...and it had about 50k LESS miles on it than the older of the two Escapes. That's also about 35k less miles than what's on my car of the same year. And, it's already got the green light from their first bank. In fact, now we're just waiting to see if any other bank wants to offer something better! And, of course, the payments are right where I wanted them to be, Praise God!

As far as a prophetic word goes... It's a Jeep LIBERTY. I told my friend, "Liberty is so much better than Escape. It's like Escape with a Blessing."

Thanks for your prayers, friends. This kind of thing isn't exactly life-changing, but I do believe that God wishes for us to seek him in all things, from the great to the seemingly-trivial.

-Mark

Oh, thanks Daisy! :) I DID have great peace while I was there! A miracle in itself since I'm usually so anxious about such things!

I like that its the Jeep Liberty.....I could not agree with what you said about that more. You will be so blessed with just the right payments and just the right amount of money you pay.

Love in Jesus,

Connie