Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daisy

My brother wants to talk about the Lord with my husband and I

I am so happy! My brother and I had a beautiful talk about the Lord last night!!! He is very intellectual (unlike myself that had to try and spell this word correctly 4 times lol! )!!! Because of his intellect, he really wants to understand things...I think sometimes it gets in the way of faith. He has just started going to church, which I am elated about!!! He is really seeking right now..He said he wants to sit down for coffee and talk about some things he is wondering about! He gave my husband and I the BIGGEST complement in our conversation. He said that his wife's sister and husband was asking questions about us, and they wanted to know if we would like to join them for drinks one night. When my brother told him we don't drink at all and we were devout Christians, he was almost stunned. He explained to me the reason for this is SO MANY devout Christians give off a religious stench that repels the world! He explained the devout Christians they had met in the past were uncomfortable to be around because the were flat out 'weird' and didn't know how to interact normally with others. This to me us the ultimate compliment, because as we shine our lights into the world people should be drawn to us...not repelled!! happy dance :hooray:

Awesome, awesome, Daisy!

"You are the light of the world."

I'm similar to your brother in that I really want to understand something, and you're right - it does get in the way of faith at times. But, God still speaks to me, and he clearly speaks to your brother as well! He knows how to get through any intellectual barriers, rest assured!

Awesome news Daisy! Glad to hear there is an interest. And glad to hear they see a difference in you and your husband....The Lord is working all the time!

:hallelujah: All who seek for the Lord diligently WILL find Him if they seek for Him with all their hearts, intellectuals or not! happy dance

That's great news Daisy! I love stories like this of people coming to Christ or seeking to... it's like a rush of endorphins that just exudes our very spirit! Love that! Just wanted to share that I'm really happy for you! I'll be praying for your brother that the Lord will continue to lovingly nudge him to diligently seek Him in all things and may the revelation of who Christ is becomes very real and personal to him! woo hoo

TheWhiteShadow wrote:
I'm similar to your brother in that I really want to understand something, and you're right - it does get in the way of faith at times. But, God still speaks to me, and he clearly speaks to your brother as well! He knows how to get through any intellectual barriers, rest assured!

I'm like this too. I'm an Accountant by nature and EVERYTHING has to "Balance" in order for me to be happy. It has to make sense to me so of course this took a toll on my faith because I allowed that part of me to move into the spiritual side of me.

I can honestly say that although I still try to analyze everything, God has his own way of ministring to me so that I GET IT and can still operate in faith. I can't tell you how He does it, but like Mark said, "He knows how to get through ANY intelletual barriers..."

Glad things are going well for you Miss Daisy!

Cholette wrote:
TheWhiteShadow wrote:

I'm like this too. I'm an Accountant by nature and EVERYTHING has to "Balance" in order for me to be happy. It has to make sense to me so of course this took a toll on my faith because I allowed that part of me to move into the spiritual side of me.

I can honestly say that although I still try to analyze everything, God has his own way of ministring to me so that I GET IT and can still operate in faith. I can't tell you how He does it, but like Mark said, "He knows how to get through ANY intelletual barriers..."

Glad things are going well for you Miss Daisy!
This is SO encouraging to hear!!! Thanks everyone for being so excited for my brothers' salvation and rejoicing with me!!!