Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Christa

Hello everyone....it's been a while.

Well, I have some good news followed by a prayer request. I got full custody of my daughter, and her dad still has supervised monitored visitations. I was finally granted a restraining order that protects my daughter and I, which doesn't deture him from driving by our house several times a month, but I'm grateful for what I have!

I was also accepted into a state university all expenses paid with no loan debt! I'm now a junior majoring in Family Consumer Sciences and should receive my Bachelors of Science in a little over a year. You know, God is good! I did my best to remain in faith during these hard times, and He brought me through it with favor and blessings on top of it!

My prayer request: I need peace when I go to court on Monday. I don't want to be nervous or anxious....or come out with a headache because I was in court all day. I just need it to be a short and sweet experience, with God's favor and protection for my daughter and I. My husband had threatened to kill me over $50- once, so he's no joy to be around...even if I'm in the confines of a protected and secured court house. I honestly wish he wouldn't show up, and that the judge will rule with what she sees as fair. I just don't want to deal with the guy anymore, he's a dangerous and violent criminal, and isn't good for my daughter or myself. He needs Jesus...and I pray for him constantly...that the Lord would bless him and draw him to Him.

Thanks for your prayers. Hope everyone is doing well. ;)

Welcome back!

Lord Jesus, you are the Good Father and Shepherd. I pray for my sister, that you give her strength and peace continually, wisdom that she might know what to do, and your love to overcome evil. In Jesus name, Amen!

praying

Hey Miss Christa!! Praying for you as well as rejoicing with you on the manifestation of having full custody. God isn't finished yet...relax in His love and protection.

Christa, how are you??!!! huggins

Wow, girl - stop and read your post...and then if you have a chance, go back through some of your old posts and see the goodness of the Lord! You've been through a lot but the Lord has seen you through it and has been with you every step of the way. Don't let the enemy plant seeds of doubt and fear in you - the Lord has taken you this far, He's not going to drop the ball now! He has not given you a spirit of fear but a spirit of love, and of power, and of a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7). I know that you know this but I'm providing this as an encouragement.

While it sounds like the hearing on Monday is more about the judge making a ruling than it is about you and your husband pleading your respective cases. Nonetheless, this is a battle - an emotional battle and a spiritual battle so you have to be prepared. As a daughter of the Most High God, your preparation is to be prayed up. Praise God for His goodness, praise Him for what He's done in your life thus far, and praise Him in advance for the work He is going to do on Monday. Pray for the judge and pray for your husband. And meditate on the following scriptures:

- This is one of my favorite books in the Bible and I think it's appropriate for where you are right now - the book of Joshua. Read as much of the book as possible as it is about battles and victory but if nothing else, focus on Chapter 1 and know that just as the Lord spoke to Joshua, He's saying the same thing to you - be strong and of good courage! Keep Joshua 1:9 in your heart now and always.

- Psalm 27 - the Lord is your light and your salvation, there is no reason to fear anyone not even your husband. And realize that the stage that you are at right now is the second half of v11.

- Romans 8:31 - If God be for you, who can be against you?

And lastly, Psalm 46 - especially v10. Be still and know that He is God. He's got this situation already worked out and it's for your good. Receive His peace and let it comfort you.

Stand firm in your faith and know that you are precious in the eyes of the Lord. He's got you covered in this and always! :praiseg-d:

Will be praying for you now through Monday. Please let us know how things turn out, ok? huggins

Court went badly in my opinion. The judge didn't grant the divorce, and didn't raise the child support up from $31 a month. I'm usually pretty good emotionally after court, but this time, I'm not doing so well with it because I thought I was done for a while. I'm not going to pursue the divorce further for now, because I'm just too tired emotionally. I'd be lying if I said I weren't angry, disappointed, sad, and just messed up over this limbo hell I'm in. I love Jesus, and I don't deserve all of the grace he's given me, so I just try to level myself thinking those things. However, I'm in a fog of denial and not happy.

I do thank you all for your continued prayer. This site is awesome and very uplifting. Thank you for replying with your kind words.

God Bless,

Christa

Christa, I know that it seems disappointing, but God is still in control. I used to hate when people said that to me when I was going through things, but when I really locked into the revelation that God REALLY is in control of my life...that my life and the things that I go through are not about me, but HIM...I learned to appreciate that phrase.

I say to you that all the days of your life where put in a book (Psalm 139) and each page has been PRE-Written...including the bad stuff. God allowed this season in your life because He knew you were made of the stuff that could handle it. Just believe that you are and know that there is a glorious end to ALL of this drama. When you come through this, you AND your daughter will NOT smell like smoke. People will wonder how you could go through all of that and not have a scar or singe on you.

Our loving Heavenly Father has you girl...TRUST and BELIEVE!!

As you saw by my post yesterday, MAAAANNNN I was in a funk. Well, I just got some news that just broke it....completely unrelated, but it's the news I needed. I'm on the welfare system...food stamps and everything. They recently gave me all kinds of aptitude tests, and one in particular was called the Raven, which was an intelligence test. When the psychologists who oversaw the administering of these tests pulled me in to discuss them, they told me I didn't miss even one answer on the Raven. They said they'd never seen results like that before with Calworks recipients, and that I could be a doctor if I wanted to. I decided to look up Mensa, which is an organization for people who score within the 98th percentile of intelligence across the world. I applied to get into this organization, because my perfect score made me within the top 99th percentile. You guys....I got the acceptance email today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm freaking out a little...in a good way though! happy dance

Wheeeew! Thank you, Jesus! Whoever thought a person on welfare would be the next Mensan member???!!!! Unbelievable! I so needed that good news today!

And why not? One's station in life is not related to their intelligence nor their worth. You are a marvelous work and this is just another confirmation of that... you go girl! :praiseg-d:

God really really never leaves us nor forsake us. We may weep in the night but JOY comes in the morning!

you go girl!

Thanks you guys...you are awesome. God bless you all. wave

Look at my Christa sis!!! Long time no see!
I'm confused as to why divorce wasn't granted? haven't you both lived apart for so long now?

miss u dear, lets catch up, ok!