Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
owen

God created evil????

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

This verse was used by some atheists to disprove that God is not good. How can He be good if He created evil? they said. I know in my heart that God is good and always will be for all eternity.So, I sought God for understanding of this verse.

Back in the Garden of Eden, God placed the tree of the knowledge of good and evil along with the tree of life. But it was Adam who brought the evil to this world, NOT GOD. In the sovereignty of God and in His infinite wisdom, we know that He takes control of everything, inspite of the man's rebellion. He is even the Creator of every spirit in the spiritual realm, may it be, human spirit, evil spirit, demons, angels etc.

The devil, or satan who calls himself the enemy of the God, is nothing compare to His greatness. The verse above does not disprove or contradict the goodness of God, but in the contrary, it magnifies His greatness and goodness to the extent that He even controls the lives of all His enemies, ( the book of Revelation is a proof of that) for the good of His people by fulfilling the eternal purpose which He has set before creation.

I appreciate if someone can share his thoughts about the verse above.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

I believe because of the fall of the morning star (Lucifer) (Isaiah 14 v 12-14) this verse above (Isa 45:7) actually came to be, Satan was the first of Gods sons to know disobedience This was mans destiny and though Adam & Eve had been given free reign within this paradise the freedom to chose was given also (right from wrong etc). Imagine if Eve had not been tempted by the snake Life as we know it might never have existed I know not scratching chin I may not have been given the chance to know such a wonderful father (God) and Son (Jesus) shocked . All that is written has come to pass because of the disobedience of Lucifer and Man, there is a verse in Genesis that I believe the verse you have shared with us has answered for me.

Genesis 1 v 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Tis almost as if in the beginning there have always been 2 sides to what God has created, I find I am continuously seeking and asking of our father and though he gives me peace I am a very curious and hungry child ROTFL Our father knows me and ima get in trouble all the time but I know he will always lead me in the paths of rightousness. You see when someone says NO I look up and he tells me Yes so I seek and when I find and believe he sets me free. I will be this way till I stand before God on Judgment day. Oh to see truth when Christ our Lord comes in the name of Jesus, Amen

happy dance Glory Be To God happy dance

Mamaz, do you think that God created the evil before He created us or after?

Hello Owen!

This is actually a GREAT question. I will say this before I respond. What I'm about to share is not because I studied...it's coming based on the limited knowledge I have about God.

You mentioned the garden of Eden...with the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. I personally don't think that evil was present on the earth, but I do believe that evil was ACTIVATED into the earth when Adam and Eve ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Satan had already been kicked out of heaven and into the earth because Adam and Eve were having a great time of pureness in the garden. The serpent (satan) appeared, so he was in the earth, but I believe EVIL couldn't enter into the world unless it had a "human will" to become the door to enter in. Does that make sense?

It's almost like yielding to temptation. The temptation itself isn't wrong, but the moment we yield to it, we've given the enemy access into our lives and into our surroundings.

So I do believe that Evil was present because of satan, but it wasn't activated into the earth until Adam and Eve yielded. Now, the question could be WHY did God create evil and maybe he really didn't CREATE it as oppose to it being "created" on it's own by the will of the fallen angels. Choice has always been there because if it wasn't, the fallen angels would have never been able to choose to fall. God did give us a will...including the angels...so maybe that was another form of activiation in the heavenlies...but that's me reaching for something that I have no reference on.

Maybe that is one of those questions that can't be answered until we get to heaven??? Hmmm Anyway, I hope I made sense because I'm typing a million words a minute before I leave the office... laugh

Yes, Cholette. It makes a lot of sense what you've said. I totally agree.

Evil came by way of partaking of the tree of knowledge, Genesis 3 v 15-17 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil , for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

Now to my understanding the command came before women (Eve) had been created. So yes I believe evil was created before man, God had spoken the words unto Adam and not only was he warned but Adam was commanded by God beforehand not to partake of this tree of Good and Evil.

Cholette wrote:

Satan had already been kicked out of heaven and into the earth because Adam and Eve were having a great time of pureness in the garden. The serpent (satan) appeared, so he was in the earth, but I believe EVIL couldn't enter into the world unless it had a "human will" to become the door to enter in. Does that make sense?

It's almost like yielding to temptation. The temptation itself isn't wrong, but the moment we yield to it, we've given the enemy access into our lives and into our surroundings.

Amen, the moment Eve yielded to the manipulation of the serpent, the fall of man was but a bite away: lol! . Tasting of the forbidden fruit opened their eyes to Good and Evil, that crafty old serpent -smh-

this scrip caused me sum greif yrs ago ,,i think its lost in translation,, the org hebrew talks about adversity ,,afflict, even 2 punish, ,,anutha scrip says gods love an wrath r perfect, ,,perhaps try a diff trans ,,,,,,,,D ten hutt,,

dreamster wrote:
this scrip caused me sum greif yrs ago ,,i think its lost in translation,, the org hebrew talks about adversity ,,afflict, even 2 punish, ,,anutha scrip says gods love an wrath r perfect, ,,perhaps try a diff trans ,,,,,,,,D ten hutt,,

I did try to look at the other translation, what you said is correct.

Gen D, do you believe that the evil things in this world are created by God?

nope cos god is lite ,,[i dont mean diet ] and in him is no darkness, ,,all things bad oridgenate frm the devil an mens corrupt sinful hearts, ,,,ugh

This is a great topic, Owen. I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said by the others. I have also read that the translation for evil in that verse may not mean what we understand it to mean.

Looking at the way the verse is structured, the Lord makes two comparisons that should be contrasted: Light vs. Darkness, and Peace vs. Evil. The first two are opposites. For the next two to be opposites, the word translated as "evil" would also have to mean conflict or tragedy. I read that the same word is used for trouble or distress - not necessarily the evil that is sin.

Another musing is that of the purpose of evil. Can it be measured? Can good be measured? God is good. God is perfectly good. Do we say that anything that is less than perfect is because it possesses less goodness? Do you measure heat or cold? You measure heat, and define cold by the absence of heat. You can say that someone is "more good" or "more evil" than another, but all will be short of perfect goodness because we have our struggle with evil - our sinful nature. So, does evil exist as a contrast for the perfect goodness that is God, as darkness exists so that we have something with which to compare light?

TheWhiteShadow wrote:

Another musing is that of the purpose of evil. Can it be measured? Can good be measured? God is good. God is perfectly good. Do we say that anything that is less than perfect is because it possesses less goodness? Do you measure heat or cold? You measure heat, and define cold by the absence of heat. You can say that someone is "more good" or "more evil" than another, but all will be short of perfect goodness because we have our struggle with evil - our sinful nature. So, does evil exist as a contrast for the perfect goodness that is God, as darkness exists so that we have something with which to compare light?

This is deep!!! thumbs wow

TheWhiteShadow wrote:
This is a great topic, Owen. I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said by the others. I have also read that the translation for evil in that verse may not mean what we understand it to mean.

Looking at the way the verse is structured, the Lord makes two comparisons that should be contrasted: Light vs. Darkness, and Peace vs. Evil. The first two are opposites. For the next two to be opposites, the word translated as "evil" would also have to mean conflict or tragedy. I read that the same word is used for trouble or distress - not necessarily the evil that is sin.

:glory:

thumbs

clapping

dreamster wrote:
nope cos god is lite ,,[i dont mean diet ] and in him is no darkness, ,,all things bad oridgenate frm the devil an mens corrupt sinful hearts, ,,,ugh

lol! laugh

I really appreciate all your input. You all make this verse clearer and clearer.

God is good! All the time!

Can I interject even if late?

Satan when created was not Satan, he was Lucifer, an angel of God

Its was his choice of pride that caused his fall, and thus he could never be saved because he sinned in the spirit so there is no redemption for him

When God created man beast earth, etc... he said it was good.. right?

I will even say something more controversial but bear with me, albeit short

God didn't quite understand the nature of sin at one time. It was a much more feasible thing to destroy man altogether for his wikedness. He could not understand sin because it was not in him, thus....

Enter's Jesus Christ who has to suffer in the flesh, be tempted, live through temptation yet without sin so that we could have an high priest who can be touched with the feelings of our infirmaties, and whom is able to now intercede for us on the right hand of the father

In other words there are things happening that we blame God for that he is not responsible for that are evil. Not following his instructions bring on the consequences, ie Adam and Eve, and things we see happening around the world

We all know that, but what does this mean in the personal life of the believer? I think thats what it boils down to

Chastisements and trials meant to perfect you into what God intended, or consequences ALLOWED to come into your life (not created as a an evil thing) but allowed or assigned into someone's life with a purpose