Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angelwings

waiting for true repentance!!!

Angelwings, I pray God will strengthen you until He sends the practical words of wisdom you need to overcome. They are on their way. God is faithful to His own.

I sent you a message.

Hi Angelwings,
I would like to share what I have experienced so far regarding unsaved loved ones and the Lord keeps on confirming this through many other prople.
What I found out about people not wanting to come to the Lord is that this is because of their own understanding and life experience through other people mainly of who God is and how He deals with us.
He might of had his own encounters with religious spirit that totally perverted their opinion of God. They did not like what they see and now they are running from that "god" with all their might.
If your husband saw the Lord for Who He is he would run to Him, not from Him. I found that the case with my loved ones.
I myself did not think I was cut out to measure up to be God's true daughter. About 20 years ago the Lord called me and said "Follow Me". I said "Lord, I love You, but I can't follow You because I don't have what it takes to be Your true follower."
The reason I said that was because of very very strong religious opinion that God could only accept a person who is perfect and does everything right. Basically squeaky clean before He would even consider me as His own. Of course now I understand how wrong I was but it took a long time to learn otherwise.
I truly believe that if your husband saw the Lord the way He is, he would run to Him, not reject Him.
I pray that the Lord touches his heart and shows him that being God's man means being loved by God, just showered with His Love and not come to Him to be exposed and viciously cleaned up. Lord's Love is soo tender and so gentle, so warm and healing that no one would reject it only if they could see it.
This is how I pray for my daughter and other loved ones. I pray for a supernatural touch from God of the Bible for their hearts to melt in His Hand. For all the false opinions, understandings to be removed and so that they do see God for Who He is and how much He wants to Love them.

Blessings!

I am very impressed by the godly wisdom and counselling of Astra and would love to have her as a friend. However, may I first of all commend my sister in christ Angelwings for her sincere desire for christ. Moreover, I want you to know that the moment one surrenders his or herself onto God or rather say, the moment you accept Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour immediately, you become a born again christian and it is that simple sister Angelwings. The book of ephesians 2:8 says For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves;it is the gift of God. when you begin to digest all the key words therein then the first question that comes into your heart is what is grace? The second one is what is faith? The 2nd key word would have been a task but He graciously offer it as a free gift. Therefore, being it as a gift all you need to do in order to have it is only to ask for it period! In a nutshell, repentance and all human dealings with God from A - Z is absolutely based on faith and not by works. It is exactly like the proverbial mustard seed, which is literally very very petit in size but the moment this little seed is dropped into the soil what happens? It germinates and begins to grow little by little until it becomes a very mighty tree with great branches and at that stage the birds of the air begin to make their nests. What does that suppose to mean? Accept the free gift of God's righteousness as sown into your heart the moment you accept Jesus Christ and allow the holy spirit to richly dwell in you and try to cultivate a good relationship with Him just like husband and wife kind of relationship. Be conscious of who you are and be aware that you are now belonging to a husband called the holy ghost and get to know Him better just as you would to your earthly lover. Avoid doing things that grieves this lovely lover of yours however, when you do grieve him in error being a human then quickly go back on your kneels and also remark what you've done to Him and ask Him to help you please Him the way He'd want you to; and you'll be surprise if you're sincere to yourself since you cannot cheat or deceive God. But if you can humbly embrace Him just trust that he is faithful because the bible says in Phil 2: 13 "For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure" so sister angelwings this is my own contribution to your enquiry may God richly bless you all.