Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

Home again!

Hi everyone,

it would seem that I missed a lot of stuff while I've been away. The visit to my in-laws was very nice, but a bit stressful. Now I'm home to stay for a while.

It was also very very cold. I have never seen so much snow in my life. When it melts, my husband's home town is going to be one huge mud puddle.

So glad to be back.

Welcome back sweetie congratulations Happy to hear you had a nice time (despite the stress lol) Hope your father in law is still on the road to getting well.

He's not doing great, but he's 74 and that does take it's toll on him. He's not yet ready for rehab (that is post surgery treatment), but we are hoping in some weeks he will have his strength back.

He's such a courageous person. Today after we left, we stashed some money in their cabinet to help with the bills, and when they found it, Mama said that Papa cried. I think he was more worried about money than about recovering. I was glad that we were able to help them. Lord knows, they helped us when my husband was unemployed.

Awww Yvette, that is so sweet of you and your husband to do that for them. Lord knows that when money problems happen, it puts a stand still on a lot of things. Even though it's not what is most important it makes life so difficult almost all of the time. It is sounds like you really helped them relieve some stress and I'm sure that makes a big difference.

It was also very very cold. I have never seen so much snow in my life. When it melts, my husband's home town is going to be one huge mud puddle

LaughingLaughingLaughing

welcome baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulationscongratulationscongratulations

Yeah, I managed to check in and feed the petlings each day. The internet cafe that I use turned out to be pretty nice. It costs only 1,40€ an hour and an hour is all I need. Smile I was glad to get all the candies and sweets from the Valentine's day boxes.

When I left I wasn't sure about what we were going to do, and since it was to celebrate a birthday, it was hard to tell. Good that we took the train though...with all the snow, the roads here are dangerous.