Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

What version of PS do you prefer

I'm a little mixed. I love the new chest, the way the friends are... but I miss the paw points you got from feeding, brushing, and washing your friends. I feel that we should still be able to feed and brush our friends! The new shops, friend street are great too.

I love the new screen layout. It feel strange to not wash and brush anymore, but I can't decide if it's strange good or strange bad.

i prefer the old version ...but then i am set in my ways congratulations I'm sure i will eventually get used to this new one. I wish they would sort out the paw points though ...I was proud of have over 1m all earned honestly. Now mine says over 2m and I don't like it Mad

I don't like that either. It just seems weird. I too earned all mine and want this discrepency to be fixed.

I am pretty much in the middle still. I like some aspects of it, and don't like others.

When I first saw the new version this afternoon, I was a little bit disappointed. But I have to say I like the new layout, the new images are so cute!

Even if I don't think I've caught up with everything yet... for example, i didn't notice we don't get any more paw point from friends.... :/
and if there is any more distinctions between active and inactive frineds, why they have different colours?

Guest Guest

I prefer the old one Smile

I prefer the old one. It's easier to get coins by brushing and scrubbing. In the new version what's the use of the brush...? New version is cool ,though... :pinkjello:

My only problem is that I already got a good groove when opening boxes, it's like second nature for me to open boxes and refresh if I don't like it. My hand new how far it had to move to click on the mystery shop icon, and it woud just click away. Now my brain needs to tell my hand were to go.

I was just so use to the placement of things befor. Does that make sense?

i like the old one, but i also like the new one as well.

i like the new one because u get more coins (like u said) and i also like the chest tabs

all i like from this version is the chest! or... MAYBE that! and NOT the icon... i H-A-T-E itttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2:

i'm falling into depression... :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2:

I like the city in the new version. The more money. The friends list. The chest and wardrobe. The books.... All I want to see is how much Paw Points your friends have.

i agree the icons are weird ilike the organization and the pink and blue and more coins

but i miss the status, haven't found it yet, lol,
the happiness bar and the points!

but its nice if they make easier for trading like for the multiple items

Health bar top middle (red). Points bar left of Health bar ( green)

Fashionista wrote:
i agree the icons are weird ilike the organization and the pink and blue and more coins

ermmm... health is left to the paw points... NO happiness and cleanliness is shown by flies...

TipPy wrote:

only to open... NOT to send... Sad

happinessby flies?! O_O that's weird don't like flies but i do like 20 coins per fly! 8)

TipPy wrote:

only to open... NOT to send... Sad[/quote]
yeah exactly i hope they do it for sending also like when you buy at the store if you want to buy 5 of each item you have to + and -

Fashionista wrote:

You can only update your status now if you have the status scroll bar.. You have to click on the bar to update or share it..

I have decided that after having played the new version for the last three days that the problems of it far outweigh the novelties.

The only real novelties being:

~The organized chest.

~Time saved with visits because less to do.

~Wider screen.

The problems are:

~Paw points. I know they said they would fix it, but they still haven't. They are making it harder for pets at levels 46 and below to level up. This is simply not right.

~Happiness bar. This takes a lot of coins away from people who need them. Before one could get up to 140 extra coins for brushing and scrubbing unhappy and dirty pets. Now they have basically robbed the players of getting about 50 extra coins per dirty pet. Generally the really dirty pets are really unhappy too. I think that was a lousy move on the part of Playfish and I think that in the long run taking this away might deter newer players from getting involved in the game.

~The visiting amounts have discrepencies in them. Officially it was supposed to be 35 coins for the first fifty pets, 25 for the next 25 pets, and then 15. I have, since this new version came out, only recieved 20 coins for visits number 51-75. There are no telling how many users who have also been short changed the extra 125 coins because of this discrepency, but I would be willing to bet that I am not the only one. Seeing as they took away the happiness bar, my coin earnings per day have dropped.

~Cooking is now officially a nightmare. I have had more burnt food and failed attempts at using that aspect of the game since this new version came out.

~The town map although initially cute, is not easier to navigate, it's quite the contrary. Instead of appealing to adult members, it has reversed back to preschool boardgames. At first, I thought 'isn't that cute', but after three days of seeing it, I'm getting sickened by the 'overwhelming cutesyness' of it. If I could use it to go shopping, then I would be okay with it, but we have to use it every time we leave our house or leave a friend's house to come home. Before it was much easier and more user friendly to click on the house icon and go home. I can understand it's presence for us to get to the shops, but it's now annyoing to always have to bypass it to get home. There should be a direct link home no matter where in town the pets happen to be. They say this is easier to navigate? I don't think so.

~The fact that we cannot see the paw points of our friends sort of takes away from the overall competitive feel of the game. Even if people don't want to admit it, games are competitions to get to the top of the list and how do we know how we are doing in relation to our friends without the point totals? Of course, that goes back to our own points being scrambled. To me, it takes away a sort of interactive feel of the game. Oh and on the same token, will we get our Paw Points for the last three days when they get it fixed?

~Before the visits the gender of the pets are evident, but afterwards, one cannot tell any difference. I know that it sounds nit picky, but I like to be able to see the gender so I can send gender appropriate gifts to my friends after having visited them. Why should I wait until tomorrow to see if it is appropriate to send a pet a dress?

So that's my summation after playing the new version for three days. At first I was undecided, but now I have basically this feeling that PF is trying to make the game appealing to the Happy Baby crowd. Part of the reason I never started that game was because of the fantasy look of that game. Pet Society is where my loyalties lie. I guess being 39, I've outgrown the whole 'Candyland' feel that now dominates the game.

i love the new one.....i think that it is much more in 2010 style like new items and everything else .........good job playfish ........Smile

guhh I like the old one better for the new one my head is spinning :35:

There is actually a survey put out by PF asking about what people think, Maybe the admin here can look into it and everyone can make their opinions known.

i did that survey this morning! lol!

let's hope they hear us... i hate this way... WE ARE N-O-T 5!!!!!!!!! And also not so very bright 5yearolds! grrrr!!!!