Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Cash coins are taking over Pet Society!

Guest Guest
I don't see anything beautiful or amazing in those new windows,or that "lovely" petling bed. They are just windows! And the bed is pink and looks more like an ordinary comfy chair!
Cash coins are taking over pet society. I can imagine how much cash coin items and prices (like,100 cash coins) we'll see at the end of 2010! If playfish needs money,then this is not a way to treat players!
Why don't they just give us 1 cash coin per a task,like they do in FarmVille (the number 1 playing game in facebook) instead of making us buy them?

Playfish is greedy!

I agree with you. I remember when I bought a cake in PS with 1cc.
the prices now are crazy and it's becoming ever crazier. I don't like this way of playing :/

Guest Guest
I agree! I remember the celebration cake was 1cc and the pet statue was 2cc! After 3 weeks or so,the prices were:
Cake - 10cc
Statue - 10cc
Players were complaining,but playfish was ignoring them,because they want money! This is not fair...

and not only the prizes are higher and higher but PF is releasing always more items in the cash shop! I wonder in 6 months how many items there will be in the boutique and how many in the other shops! Lately we have seen a wig, windows, wallpapers and floors... all items that usually weren't sold in the boutique :/ I have spent 35 euros in less than 2 weeks, I can't buy more right now and I feel like

Guest Guest

If playfish continues like this all over to 1st september,I'll quit PS!
If playfish releases an item worth 100 cash coins,not only that I'll quit PS,I'll also e-mail them and tell them how selfish they are!
Mad

i do agree with u guys, not all people can afford cc's, like me now Sad cc 's really getting more expensive and they wer releasing more cc items every week, really annoying!

i agree with you!

Lazar wrote:
I agree! I remember the celebration cake was 1cc and the pet statue was 2cc! After 3 weeks or so,the prices were:
Cake - 10cc
Statue - 10cc
Players were complaining,but playfish was ignoring them,because they want money! This is not fair...

omg i nevr noticed that...

and it was the best thing when they priced the wwf t-shirt 6 coins

many people have 99 of them... i wasn't playing at theat time so... i don't have one

Guest Guest

really!?!?!

It was a glitch, and they had it fixed within a fifteen minute span of time.

As for how I feel about Cash Coins, my feelings about them are probably more an unpopular opinion, but since I do like to play 'devil's advocate' now and then, here are some of my thoughts on the topic. I am an artist by trade, that is I write song lyrics and it is a very low paying profession. If I don't write, I earn nothing. I am doing well if I earn perhaps 10€ in a month's time from my songwriting, so it's not a highly profitable job unless one is Rodgers and Hammerstein, which I am obviously not.

The people who work for Playfish are artists too, they have familes to support, homes, bills, mortgages etc. To expect them to only cater to those who do not pay anything for their services is wrong. Yes, the games were designed as free entertainment, but those people who sacrificed their time and effort to make the game great have no doubt paid their dues when it first came out. Today, with a popular game on their hands, they have to earn their money somehow. To be ridiculed for that is simply not fair. I don't know a single person here in this forum who would work like that for nothing.

I don't think it's about greed inasmuch as it is supply and demand and the application of an artist's idea being put to paper and then bringing it into the game. If these artists worked for nothing, then they could get in trouble with the employment office as well as the tax collector of their perspective countries.

The point is, yes the stuff has gotten more expensive and I am pretty shocked at how quickly the prices have gone up. Yet, the game has also become more popular and whether we like it or not, Playfish is a company that must profit from its creations, otherwise they will not be able to compete in a world market. The cash shop also ensures support from people who have a vast number of other games to choose from. If they don't release new Cash Shop items each week, then they will not do business and the players will get bored and go somewhere else.

With that said, I do think that some of the stuff is overpriced, but I also think that there are a lot of in store items in this game to choose from. If people don't like what is in the shops, then maybe the thing to do is let Playfish know what they like as well as the things they are not overtly fond of. That way it gives them a chance to change things around a bit.

Just something to think about.

Guest Guest

You have a good point Yvette,but...
Let's look at the farmville. They are giving FV cash for doing specific type of tasks (fertilizing,harvesting etc.) and they are still growing,along with being the number 1 most playing game on facebook.
What do they have PS doesn't have?
And petville too. It's more interesting then PS (I don't play it though) and it has more users then PS...

My point is that PS needs to at least give away 1 cash coin per a task every week. I think that It's really kind of playfish to gift me 2 cc's (spend them wisely,Lazar) and they need to keep it up! Smile

I totally agree! Too much! I also think that there should be a way to earn cash coins as in other games! Petville has amazing free gifts and little games that get you cool furniture, clothes and even a car!!

Perhaps, but you're only comparing them to Zynga games, not to the other game providers. By in large, no other game providers that I know of outside of Zynga have given stuff away to get people to play. It's one of the tools they use to get people into their games. But, realistically 1 Pet Cash in Petville means pretty much nothing if everything costs 7+ Pet Cash to get. They are also ticking off the people who buy Petcash because they give away the stuff weeks afterwards. For those who play for free it's a big deal, but for those who buy the coins, that's really not fair.

I have three white teddy bears on Petville and I got them simply because I was gifted them from friends. If I had bought them with my hard earned money, and then discovered that they were being given away later, I'd be spitting nails.

I'm not here to interfere on the subject but..

aren't they giving away 10cc for playing Hotel City?XD

yes I agree with you lazar... Its getting more and more expensive.
before cash items start at 1bc only then prices gets higher and higher
even though the item is not worth it because the new items in cash shop are useless lols >.> they're ugly. petling bed that cost a lot O.o

That's true, they are.

Spoiled petlings...I don't like the cash shop petling bed. They can keep it. I prefer the TWS beds, they are cuter IMO. I'm not saying that all the items should outrageously priced, but I am saying that if they don't give people incentive to buy the coins, then they won't be able to sell them.

I don't know anyone (whether purchaser of cash coins or no) who would buy the petling bed for the simple fact that it's overpriced for an item that doesn't do anything.

Guest Guest
Tiddly Winks wrote:
Perhaps, but you're only comparing them to Zynga games, not to the other game providers. By in large, no other game providers that I know of outside of Zynga have given stuff away to get people to play. It's one of the tools they use to get people into their games. But, realistically 1 Pet Cash in Petville means pretty much nothing if everything costs 7+ Pet Cash to get. They are also ticking off the people who buy Petcash because they give away the stuff weeks afterwards. For those who play for free it's a big deal, but for those who buy the coins, that's really not fair.

I have three white teddy bears on Petville and I got them simply because I was gifted them from friends. If I had bought them with my hard earned money, and then discovered that they were being given away later, I'd be spitting nails.

At my opinion,you have an excellent point here.
Tiddly Winks wrote:
That's true, they are.

Spoiled petlings...I don't like the cash shop petling bed. They can keep it. I prefer the TWS beds, they are cuter IMO. I'm not saying that all the items should outrageously priced, but I am saying that if they don't give people incentive to buy the coins, then they won't be able to sell them.

I don't know anyone (whether purchaser of cash coins or no) who would buy the petling bed for the simple fact that it's overpriced for an item that doesn't do anything.

Agree. They don't do anything.

I mostly agree with Tiddly. However, I think it would be nice if there was a clearer picture of what ccs are for. For instance, if it always cost cc for "magic" items or for extra room then we would come to expect it and could strategize and save up or would not have that feeling of surpise and annoyance. However, it feels really random to me now. Some normal items are cc and some "magic" items are now regular in game coins. I find this confusing switching more annoying than the expectation that I occasionally pay $. I actually will pay $ if I feel like it is for something "bonus" and not just for a regular window. I find that it's strange or confusing to sell regular windows for cc.

Remember, Pet Society used to be the number 1 facebook game, and now farmvillie has easly overtaken and is steaming ahead...even if it is just 1 free coin, it works and being greedy like playfish isnt going to pay in the long run.

Guest Guest
Village Mayor wrote:
Remember, Pet Society used to be the number 1 facebook game, and now farmvillie has easly overtaken and is steaming ahead...even if it is just 1 free coin, it works and being greedy like playfish isnt going to pay in the long run.

100% agree!

RocLibrarian wrote:
I mostly agree with Tiddly. However, I think it would be nice if there was a clearer picture of what ccs are for. For instance, if it always cost cc for "magic" items or for extra room then we would come to expect it and could strategize and save up or would not have that feeling of surpise and annoyance. However, it feels really random to me now. Some normal items are cc and some "magic" items are now regular in game coins. I find this confusing switching more annoying than the expectation that I occasionally pay $. I actually will pay $ if I feel like it is for something "bonus" and not just for a regular window. I find that it's strange or confusing to sell regular windows for cc.

That's a good point about the 'do nothing' items like windows, doors and petling beds. While I do like the window and door, I really don't see how or why it should be a Cash Shop item. But, you're right, it really is random.

i dont like the sea windows ans di agree with you for the quality of their animation

PF hv been too greedy... not to mention 20cc for a non-animated and not-glow in the dark petling bed Sad