Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

PF needs to work harder to get rid of hackers!

I am totally frosted (that means angry to those of you who don't follow the lingo). I just saw someone on my friend list with the not yet released monarch butterfly wings. I deleted her straightaway and am just really upset about all of this. The fact that someone wants to overtly advertise hacked and unreleased items is just too much for me to take! This is the first time I noticed this happening. Much of what I had heard before had been from folks here. To me, this is not only a letdown with regards to people I loosely dub as 'friends', but this is a person that I actually met face to face and believed that they had some sense of morals and ethics. Maybe I am just expecting too much.

The other issue is that even more cash shop items are being hacked and PF seems to be as passive as ever about it.

Yes, this is strictly my emotional response to discovering this, but after telling me in an email that Playfish is working at getting rid of the hackers, they are obviously not doing a very good job of it if their new, unreleased cash shop items are showing up a day before their release in peoples' houses. This is just infuriating to me. Mad

They need to resolve this, and not just talk about resolving it. I am so totally upset right now.

Sad That is rubbish Yvette. I have seen a "post" somewhere else that shows that 150 of the Peter Pan statues have already been "sold" It is to be honest a little disappointing to think that things are being exploited before others would even have a chance to look at them let alone buy them!

i know what you mean Yvette i had a friend also that had lots of stuff not realeased at all in ps, and when i asked where they were from , they were gifts, but today i saw unrealed upcoming cc items and i was sad for lying to me, i asked nicely, and politely, admiting would be better, if you wanna show off, i don't understand why they do that! it's sad cause all of us try really hard to get all items! it's not fair!

To me this just hurts because it is someone I know personally who is doing this. This person talked about ethics morals and playing the game as it should be played, and now boasts hacked items. This just hurts because they show them off like 'nyeh nyeh nyeh', and that's not only devastating to me as a person who buys the coins honestly, but it makes me feel ill because the items in question were to help a charity that I feel very passionately about.

aw!!!!!! i know what you mean!!!!! i even save money to buy cc, and plan a budget for the items!!!!!

that is so fake, saying angaist the cheats and then perfoming them!!!!! omg!!!!! that's shoking!!!!! O_O

Yeah I'm getting really sick of hackers now Sad

just now saw guys selling on forums hacked feature items...
i guess i can't get peter pan statue tomorrow

well, I was acting 'dumb' to this person in my friend's list asking her about her butterfly wings and how she can fly...and then she told me that she could get ANY item in PS, unreleased or released for 50 coins. And then she bombarded my house with them...don't know what to do with them now..she gave like 14 gifts.

I really don't see the point in taking the "hacking" situation personally...its happening everywhere! Some people simply can't afford it, it's just a game not real life. Plus, playfish can keep patching but hackers will still find another way. Just enjoy the game and ignore the "hackers" is it really effecting your life that bad???

Fashionista wrote:
aw!!!!!! i know what you mean!!!!! i even save money to buy cc, and plan a budget for the items!!!!!

that is so fake, saying angaist the cheats and then perfoming them!!!!! omg!!!!! that's shoking!!!!! O_O

me too!!!!!!!!have many friends that are hackers and hate that!!!!!!!!!they are people by TOF (playfish official forum) MadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMad

Well the other day i was doing some trades and i had alot of boxes to get through.....I had so many boxes to open....

I then sold a couple of 999 and i just wanted diffrent boxes in return....So i told this perons to just send the boxes throught and ill send her items over when i got the payment.

Now in the morning there was like more then 50 boxes on my doorstep...Which was for the trade and when i come to open them....I wasnt really looking what i got!..I always rummage throught my chest at the end of opening them all!!

THEN! i come across some item that wasnt even released in the shop!!!
I was so fuming to see this! I deleted the item right away!!
I asked the person who i did the trade with and she said she didnt send it...But i have been getting ALOT of random boxes from people in the cafe!.....

Im so glad that i didnt just put it in my house like i was going to....i didnt even notice it was an unreliesed item until i looked again!!

Hackers are really starting to annoy me now!! I mean what is the point of getting an item before they are released? What is that going to achieve!

I'm completely upset at the amount of items being hacked by people on my friends list. I think I am going to start deleting some people off my list very soon....

Not 1 or 2 but about 15 people on my friends list have the same not yet released items. There is no way butterfly wings or those caterpillars have completed themselves yet. I myself bought the bat wings for Yawo on Halloween but now I'm afraid to even put them on her as they are now a hacked item. These people have made it really hard to want to decorate with rares or cc items as people might think I've hacked them. I'm just sad to delete these people as I've had no previous issues with them before all they are all really nice people.

Obviously playfish hasn't done anything to resolve this as none of these players are unable to play as they keep collecting items.

I understand how hard it is to not really be able to afford a lot of cc items, (for example I had to skip the valentines items all together because I didn't have enough and if it wasn't for a friend of mine around Christmas I wouldn't have gotten any of those items either) but that doesn't mean I want to hack these items just so I can have them!

Concerning the post to Tiddly as to why so upset....Its because they are cash items. She has paid her hard earned money for cash items and it is frustrating that some are hacking and getting them for free. She was specifically frustrated about that. I am also a bit irked. I paid for all the butterfly items. And a big reason I contribute to that is that I love that it support WWF. I've always loved all the WWF items and the cause behind them. It is especailly upsetting that people are hacking those items as part of the money raised goes to WWF to help endangered animals.

Jules, you hit the nail on the head. It just infuriates me. Yesterday, I deleted another person who had the fully grown butterflies and the wings fully grown. As others have said, there is no way this stuff could have been fully grown so quickly. If I even suspect that someone is hacking or have a suspicion or vibes about them, then I am deleting them no questions asked. Flaunting wigs is bad enough, but doing so with cash items that have proceeds going to support endangered animals is clearly another.

I am a grouch, I know, but by showing off hacked items, it makes me realize that these people are not clever at all. I mean; if they are so willing to steal pixels, then who's to say they won't go for other things if they think they can get away with it? Those are not the sorts of individuals I would pay money to go and visit, or want to hang out with.

As you can see, I hold very little regard for hackers.

In the past, I have tried to support WWF through buying the stuff, and now, because of the hackers, I am not feeling myself too terribly inclined to buying the new stuff for Tiddly Winks. Sad That's sad, considering that the butterfly is one of the things that always reminds me of my church. I guess I feel more comfortable using my remaining coins for wigs and opting to not buying anymore. Things have to get better...at least I hope.

Hell-o Clarice wrote:
Concerning the post to Tiddly as to why so upset....Its because they are cash items. She has paid her hard earned money for cash items and it is frustrating that some are hacking and getting them for free. She was specifically frustrated about that. I am also a bit irked. I paid for all the butterfly items. And a big reason I contribute to that is that I love that it support WWF. I've always loved all the WWF items and the cause behind them. It is especailly upsetting that people are hacking those items as part of the money raised goes to WWF to help endangered animals.

i agree with u hun!!!!!!!u r so right!!!!!that annoying me too!!!!!!we paid real money for cc items and there are loooooooot of people all around that hacked these cc items and got them via hack!!!!!

Tiddly Winks wrote:
To me this just hurts because it is someone I know personally who is doing this. This person talked about ethics morals and playing the game as it should be played, and now boasts hacked items. This just hurts because they show them off like 'nyeh nyeh nyeh', and that's not only devastating to me as a person who buys the coins honestly, but it makes me feel ill because the items in question were to help a charity that I feel very passionately about.

maybe the person you are thinking of and deleted did not know the items were hacked and just accepted them as a gift. She was banned from a forum and does not have the latest information. But I told her. So expect to hear from her. Drama should remain on the stage .

tut wrote:
Tiddly Winks wrote:

maybe the person you are thinking of and deleted did not know the items were hacked and just accepted them as a gift. She was banned from a forum and does not have the latest information. But I told her. So expect to hear from her. Drama should remain on the stage .

hi tut..i dont know if ur fb link is working or not, but at this time its just showing that urs is unavailable @ the moment...but will check it again later, as it is part of the rules that all members shud have valid fb link, but just in case its only fb issue, then just disregard this reminder...ok? welcome

myladyyawo wrote:
I'm completely upset at the amount of items being hacked by people on my friends list. I think I am going to start deleting some people off my list very soon....

Not 1 or 2 but about 15 people on my friends list have the same not yet released items. There is no way butterfly wings or those caterpillars have completed themselves yet. I myself bought the bat wings for Yawo on Halloween but now I'm afraid to even put them on her as they are now a hacked item. These people have made it really hard to want to decorate with rares or cc items as people might think I've hacked them. I'm just sad to delete these people as I've had no previous issues with them before all they are all really nice people.

Obviously playfish hasn't done anything to resolve this as none of these players are unable to play as they keep collecting items.

I understand how hard it is to not really be able to afford a lot of cc items, (for example I had to skip the valentines items all together because I didn't have enough and if it wasn't for a friend of mine around Christmas I wouldn't have gotten any of those items either) but that doesn't mean I want to hack these items just so I can have them!

I feel the same. And now a lot of my neighbors are starting to show next week items. Some or them have being really nice and to wash their pets helps me too Sad I mean 1*999 for any cc item! or even for the Peter Pan statue when it took me so much time to gather those coins (upset with playfish with those high prices too ). PS is not so fun to play some times. Is just making me sad sometimes. Sad