Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Extremely busy these days!

Guest Guest

At Saturday afternoon, it started to rain and not shortly after a thunder hit near our house and I-don't-know-how the electricity produced from the thunder hit our computer and destroyed the computers motherboard. My dad went to the repair man 5 minutes ago to take the repaired computer. I will become active again (I hope).

My mom is in Wien so we've stop by to my brothers place to talk with her trough skype, and everything went well. I've grabbed my 5 minutes to create this thread and share this with you guys.

I've also been extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely busy these days so I didn't have time to run to the internet cafe and check my fave site Sad

Wondering where one of the most active members on the site went. I know when we get a bad storm I immediately turn off our computers as it's so easy for them to get wrecked that way. Hopefully your computer can be fixed soon sweetie. You've been missed here. Take care and hopefully things are going well for you.

Guest Guest
myladyyawo wrote:
Wondering where one of the most active members on the site went. I know when we get a bad storm I immediately turn off our computers as it's so easy for them to get wrecked that way. Hopefully your computer can be fixed soon sweetie. You've been missed here. Take care and hopefully things are going well for you.

Thank you so much
I wasn't careful and now I have to suffer the consequences SadSadSad
I will catch up with everyone as soon as I get my comp back ...

glad to hear you are ok sweetie

Look forward to you being back with us 100% xxxxxxxx

When you are having a Thundershower; don't just turn off the computer, unplug it! (as well as things like phone answering machines and TVs). Lighting can actually travel down the power-lines and fry any electrical apparatus which is attached (plugged in).

Hope you get your computer back up and running!

I see, so this is the reason you don't active at these day
We very miss you, hope you'll be active soon
*Me and polina thought you're having exam Laughing

and i know how it is when you're et the end of the school Sad
tomorrow is your last day, i guess Sad mys be hard to leave all your friends Sad

good luck with your tests, and can't wait for your computer to get back!!

Sorry to hear about your comp!

I unplug EVERYTHING in the house during storms. This could be at 3am or 3pm, i will walk around the whole house unplugging tv's,dvd,stereos, plugged in cell phones, computers, modems and telephone lines.
I've lost (to date)....one fax machine, one computer, two stereos and a tv. The t.v one wasn't my fault...lightening went through the antena...go figure!
I lost my fax machine cause i forgot about the telephone wire and...aparently the lightening "jumped" to the stereo that WAS unplugged next to it.
We have "lightening balls" sometimes. I hear about an occurance on the island about once or twice every few years. They are not fun. My husband has seen them on two occasions. They are literally balls of lightening bigger than tennis balls and sometimes they are the size of soccer balls that "float" or "wiggle" around the room for a minute, destroying electrical stuff that it touches. I guess it could burn you too...but its not happenend to anyone here.

So..Lazar....UNPLUG EVERYTHING IN THE HOUSE!!!!!

-Serenity- wrote:
I see, so this is the reason you don't active at these day
We very miss you, hope you'll be active soon
*Me and polina thought you're having exam Laughing

yes we weren't right Laughing
hope to see you soon Lazar we miss you

I hope you will have yor pc back soon Lazar

Due to storms I have lost also some electrical furnitures, at my parents home they use some boxes called regulators in all their electrical apliances to avoid high voltage

once a thunder hit my grandma's house, and i was there then. and the chandelier fell down while i was in the room.. good thing it didn't fall on me!!

and my brother's laptop got fried (it was on fire. literally.) and it wasn't even plugged in! it just had the network cable Laughing

poor little thing...

tweet40 wrote:
once a thunder hit my grandma's house, and i was there then. and the chandelier fell down while i was in the room.. good thing it didn't fall on me!!

and my brother's laptop got fried (it was on fire. literally.) and it wasn't even plugged in! it just had the network cable Laughing

poor little thing...

This is shocking!!
Good thing you're all right *phew

hope contrary to the weird weather, you're doing alright. Smile Keep us posted on how things are going.

Guest Guest

My dad have returned the computer and MY OH MY you should see a new thread I'll create in a few minutes! congratulations Thank you all soooooooooooo much!!!