Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaiamaiden

A Question For Mothers

Ive been feeling worried recently, im just over 15 weeks pregnant and Im anxious to feel the baby moving. I just want to know that everything is okay. Its been a month since my first scan and my next one isnt until 28th October.
Some people say that I may have felt flutters but as its my first its hard to tell as I dont know what im suppose to feel lol

I was just wondering if anyone else felt like this?

first baby you dont normally feel moving until 18 - 20 weeks, but it can sometimes be even later than this hun...you have a while to wait yet...sorry xxx

With your second baby you can sometimes feel the first movement early as you know what they are, I think I was over 20 weeks when I felt Ieuan move then slightly earlier with the girls

When you first feel it then it wont feel like a kick, as the baby still has so much room to move, it is more like a little roll in your tummy...not a nice way to associate it sorry, but its like having gas lol. Imagine holding a butterfly in your closed hand...well that is what it will feel like in your tummy

Ok I'm going to stop waffling now lol xxx

thanks hun xx i have felt what I would call flutters and my mum said that could be the baby rolling around, I know I wont feel a proper kick yet, I just want to know that everything is okay.

I think 15 weeks is a little early hun...especially for a first baby

Trust me it wont be long until you think that baby boo has a football in there with them, and you are getting booted all day and night lol xx

lol Im beginning to feel silly about the whole thing lol I think im just too much of a worrier lol

hun you are now a Mum, worrying is one of the main jobs lol

Even though Phoebe was my third pregnancy I still worried all the way through, and couldnt wait for the first movenents. And trust me when they are born you start worrying even more lol

Lea is 100% right , you will not feel nothing until around 20 week, with second baby you will feel him/her earlier, last weeks of pregnancy baby will literally wake up with her/his movements
Sleep enough now that you can congratulations

This brings back so many memories! Even as a grandma of 2 with another on the way, I still remember my older friend telling me that the small, fluttery feelings in my tummy were my first baby moving. I could even tell you where we were and what we were doing at the time. Such a thrill to a mommy's heart to know that's your child!

And for the record, you don't stop worrying even once they are grown! But having kids is truly the best thing I've ever done. The most rewarding - and the most difficult - job possible, I think.

lea is right! mine i felt the movements of my eldest when she's already bet 16-20 weeks. You probably won't feel your baby kick until sometime between 16 and 22 weeks, even though he started moving at 7 or 8 weeks and you may have already witnessed his acrobatics if you've had an ultrasound. Veteran moms tend to notice those first subtle kicks or also known as "quickening" earlier than first-time moms. A woman who's been pregnant before can more easily distinguish her baby's kick from other belly rumblings, such as gas.

Now im carrying my 3rd baby, when i first visit my OB when i was 8 weeks and told her that i feel the baby is moving, she told me that its normal, as the baby is already moving, for me its really strange as to my previous pregnancies i felt my babies movements around 16- 22 weeks.

What does it feel like?
based on one of the baby site
Women have described the sensation as being like popcorn popping, a goldfish swimming around, or butterflies fluttering. You'll probably chalk up those first gentle taps or swishes in your belly to gas or hunger pains, but once you start feeling them more regularly, you'll recognize the difference. You're more likely to feel these early movements when you're sitting or lying quietly.

Stephanie, these ladies are right especially with your first it can be anywhere from 16 to 24 weeks along before you know for sure what your feeling. I remember being 16 weeks along with my first when I felt the first movements, and with my second I felt them about 13 weeks along. You have absolutely nothing to stress over!

Another tip that I don't think anyone has shared yet, is drink juice like orange juice and then lay perfectly still or even those sherbet sticks just something to get the baby really active. When you are moving around the baby usually is sleeping as they grow because your movements will sooth the baby while he or she is inside you, but when you are laying down to sleep or take a bath or even relax the baby will be more active. When you get far enough along you will be wishing you could get some more sleep before he or she arrives that you'll be wishing that the baby wasn't so active while you were resting lol.

thanks girls congratulations
Im just a little anxious thats all, if I could feel the baby moving I would know its okay, like my mum said, its natural to want to know if everything is okay. But in just over a month I will be having my next scan so I will feel better then lmao xxxx

@ myladyyawo: I might try what you said about eating the pixie sticks and lying perfectly still lol just to see if it works lol xxx

Hiya sweety!

With my first, I had the same worries. I felt little flutters after 20 weeks. With my second and third I felt them around 18 weeks

i can relate to ur worries my dear, my first boy was born with gastroschisis, which is when the babies bowel (intestines) are formed on the outside of thier body, we found out very early, about 12 weeks in and i was devestated!! and spent the entire pregnancy worrying about EVERY little thing. BUT..... he was born as heathly as they could have hoped the drs. said and 3 surgerys later, and three months in the hospital he came home and has had no problems since, now i just worry about him being a crazy monkey that climbs everything and anything!!