Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kasijab

This was in my garden today

ss101924.jpg ss101925.jpg

Sorry the quality is not too good but I had to grab the camera and take it quickly though the bedroom window. Have never seen anything that big in the garden before ...must have been at least 2 foot tall if not more.

Dad would of loved seeing that in the garden!

ermmmmmmmmm what is it? lol x

i wish i could se such a big bird myself!

And if you consider the speed you would be needing to take the pic i have to admit that the quality is really good! Smile

wwowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
kasi u r so lucky

It's a Grey Heron, in fact. We have lots here too Smile They're gorgeous when they're flying congratulations

We occasionally get the Great Blue Heron in our backyard...but we don't like them there because they eat our koi out of our pond! But they are such beautiful birds and so amazing to see up close like that!

-Serenity- wrote:
OMG so huge, I wish I can see it by myself Laughing

so do i :hoho: :hoho: :hoho:

Beautiful! wonder what it was looking in your yard Kasijab, probably something interesting
:dance2:

my parents own a camp in northern Maine and the lake it is located on has many of herons living there as well as loons, the native american tribe Iroquois held the sighting of a blue heron as a very good omen, a very lucky sign, if one was seen before a hunt it was believed the hunt would be a successful one as they recongnized the heron as an expert fisher/hunter. so prehaps there are good things in store for u and ur family this holiday season!!