Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea75

What are you doing right now?

Personally I'm putting off putting the rest of the shopping away, I hate it even more than the actual shopping lol

I just finished decorating my room in PS, and now I'm going to do Xavier's room and then get busy with some writing that I have been so blatantly putting off...then I have some stuff that needs doing before we go to the animal shelter tomorrow and see if the kitty I want is still there.

Her name is Nele and she's a beautiful kitty. Hopefully her purrsonality (hehe) is compatable with us.

fingers crossed it all goes well for you Yvette, I know how much you want a kitty

I'm waiting for the potatoes to finish par boiling so I can put them in the oven, love roast potatoes!!

I hope we get to see photos Yvette congratulations

Im just chilling watching UK Border Force (dont ask me why, i suppose its because the isnt anything else on lol) Im also waiting for Molly to wake up for her bottle congratulations

I am so full now! Had a lovely Gammon dinner, with roast potatoes, veg and cheese sauce. Not looking forward to washing the dishes now though Sad

I finished the rooms for Xavier, and now I am going to write some...I need to look for our apartment lease so I can see if we are even allowed to have a cat here. I think we are, since there are so many cats and dogs in this area, and many live in the neighboring building, which is owned by the same company.

Yvette, I hope that you find the kitty to be compatible! I miss being able to have kitties, but our daughter-in-law is deathly allergic to them.

My day is starting to wind down. Only one more day with students, then 2 days to close up classsrooms and I'm done. Since my position was eliminated (budget cuts), I will be officially unemployed after Thursday.

hope you are able to find another job soon sasha, that is not a nice position to be in

I'm trying to wake up, but not even the coffee is doing it this morning

I am waiting for breakfest and then I will return movies and rent another 3.

I'm off to the doctors.

Had a phone call earlier saying my gp wants to see me this morning! Hopefully its just a review of my medication, never been summoned to the doctors before!

I have influenza, so I've spent the whole night and morning trying to low my temperature. I can't believe this, influenza in almost summer

Ursula wrote:
I have influenza, so I've spent the whole night and morning trying to low my temperature. I can't believe this, influenza in almost summer

hope you are able to get rid of it quickly hun! Not nice any time of the year, but even worse when the sun is shining!! xx

Ugh, so sorry to read that. Sad

My husband had a case of stomach flu this morning. Scared the beejeebers out of me too. I thought he had the bad stuff. Thankfully, he's okay now...but that scared the living daylights out of me.

Ursula, are you feeling any better? It does seem like some years people get sicker than others, and it just isn't right to be dealing with the flu this time of year!

Yvette, how is your husband feeling?

I survived the last day of school - and it was definitely a survival this year! The kids were all so excited and wound up. Wow! To have that much energy!

I was attempting too sleep, but my husband is all jumpy. Looks like it is the couch for me!

Sasha, are you a teacher?

I hope everyone is feeling better by now!
For me, it is just after 11pm and I should be off to bed. I had a busy day with an appointment, then visiting a friend I haven't seen in a long time and then hassling with the pharmacy to get my prescriptions filled. All worked out well, and now I am exhausted. Good night, folks!

Hi again, sweeties!!! Thanks for your words, I managed to low my temperature, but my head is somewhere I can't find it >.
I hope you have a nice holidays Smile

Kokonee wrote:
I hope everyone is feeling better by now!
For me, it is just after 11pm and I should be off to bed. I had a busy day with an appointment, then visiting a friend I haven't seen in a long time and then hassling with the pharmacy to get my prescriptions filled. All worked out well, and now I am exhausted. Good night, folks!

Glad to hear that all worked out. I hate hassling with the pharmacy.

Hi everyone,

well, I'm crushed. Sad We went to the animal shelter to look at Nele this afternoon. They will not even consider us as adopting kitty parents. We live in the thir floor with a balcony, and she likes to go outside. So, the chances of us getting any cat while living here is slim bordering on not bloody likely.

As usual, everything is riding on the 'job thing'. It's depressing for both of us.

Tiddly Winks wrote:
Hi everyone,

well, I'm crushed. Sad We went to the animal shelter to look at Nele this afternoon. They will not even consider us as adopting kitty parents. We live in the thir floor with a balcony, and she likes to go outside. So, the chances of us getting any cat while living here is slim bordering on not bloody likely.

As usual, everything is riding on the 'job thing'. It's depressing for both of us.

I'm sorry to hear that. Are there no indoor cats at the shelter? Have you looked at rescue/adoption sites in the area?

Why not look privately hun? You dont have to go through a rescue centre.

If you have one from a kitten then you can teach it to be a house cat, Gaia's cat was a house cat until she had Molly, ask her how it was xx

I had my heart set on a shelter cat, but they let their cats be in and outdoor. I am worried now that if I got a cat, it might try to jump from the balcony or something. I guess the only hope now is for my hubby to find a new job and us to get out of here once and for all.

kaidoll wrote:
I was attempting too sleep, but my husband is all jumpy. Looks like it is the couch for me!

Sasha, are you a teacher?

I'm an assistant. I teach reading to 1st/2nd graders.

Tiddly Winks wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry they wouldn't let you adopt a kitty! Maybe the best thing to do would be to adopt privately. Doesn't sound like they give many options. I'm sure you would give a kitty a wonderful home!

(Is there a trick to this multi-quote thing? I can't seem to get it to work for me).

to multi quote you click the multi quote button on each post you want to quote then click the post reply button at the bottom

Today I'm getting the kids ready for school then off to the doctors from my monthly blood tests Sad

Yvette, my father in law and his girlfriend had a cat, they also lived on the second or third floor and had a balcony (the cat was already a few years old), but he managed to do just fine, he went to the balcony, sat there for a few, and then asked to be left back into the apartment. I think it is great to adopt a shelter cat, but it might be a good thing to consider looking for a private adoption? I hope all goes well!

I haven't been on here as much lately, but I'm studying for my finals. I did have my thesis presentation last week and all went fine (at least, that's what I understood from my professor giving me thumbs up afterwards). I am exhausted still, but am putting all my energy in this final, so I get to graduate hopefully.

Hope all is well with everyone here!

I'm looking into a private adoption, and have gotten a lot of good suggestions from Stas as well as my friend Steffi (who knows Maine Coon breeders). I will be using their advice and adopt a kitten. Then I can teach the kitty, and not have to worry about him / her jumping off a balcony...the thing that the animal shelter was worried about. I figure that if the cat stays indoors, then there will be no danger.

I just couldn't understand why an animal shelter would let all their cats outside and then say it's cruel to 'lock them in an apartment'. I read in an cat newspaper that it's sometimes better to have indoor pets, that way they don't get infecious diseases that outdoor cats get.

Im resting after spending the night in hospital, was rushed in at 2am after being in pain for hours, im feeling okay but i do feel really sick and tired but i cant sleep. My parents are coming to get me at lunch time so i can rest at their house while they watch Molly. Dan has go to hospital too, the doctor thinks he has broken his foot so we are all going through the wars at the moment Sad

Glad to hear Dans foot is not broken hun, must be hard wnough with one of you bad, let alone both of you!

I'm waiting for my lasagne to cook, smells so yummy!!

right now...sadly...i'm going to log off PS and take a nap. really need it. had an early start with work. nite nite!

lea75 wrote:
to multi quote you click the multi quote button on each post you want to quote then click the post reply button at the bottom

Thanks, Lea! I'll have to try that. Smile

im so bored today!!!!!!there we have 3o degrees and im so pathetic to summer mood
Sad

So here's the deal. Our landlord put more stipulations on us having a cat than anything I have ever seen (and I have seen a lot). So the consensus is, we're moving somewhere else before getting the kitty. Don't know where specifically, but I want to get into a place that is a bit more conscientious than the people here. Imagine not allowing a cat net on the balcony if it would protect a cat from falling three stories because they want to keep up with appearances. I can understand them not wanting us to paint the balcony wall black, but come on.

Just doesn't seem right. So, the bottom line is, we're getting out of here one fine day. Hopefully sooner as opposed to later, so we can get our cat.

Tiddly Winks wrote:
So here's the deal. Our landlord put more stipulations on us having a cat than anything I have ever seen (and I have seen a lot). So the consensus is, we're moving somewhere else before getting the kitty. Don't know where specifically, but I want to get into a place that is a bit more conscientious than the people here. Imagine not allowing a cat net on the balcony if it would protect a cat from falling three stories because they want to keep up with appearances. I can understand them not wanting us to paint the balcony wall black, but come on.

Just doesn't seem right. So, the bottom line is, we're getting out of here one fine day. Hopefully sooner as opposed to later, so we can get our cat.

Sounds like a good plan to leave then. Those stipulations are ridiculous!

As for what I am doing right now, I am recovering from helping my best friend get married!

woke up, went to work, came home and took a nap, ate dinner, packed and cleaned, played PS, posted on psfc, and NOW ...i'm going to sleep cuz it's 12:15am over here and i have to wake up at 4:30am to go to work.
blah!

I hate this heat! That's it, I said it. I'm melting Sad After a whole week ill, now I have to deal with summer ¬¬

The good thing is... I'm planing my holidays. Two marvelous weeks that start on 28 ^__^ Can't wait! congratulations

Sorry wasn't around much yesterday, I would have been totally lousy company. I recognized the 20th anniversary since my father's passing yesterday, but some other not so nice news came down.

I won't go into detail, as that can all be read on my page and it bears not repeating. Let's just say that I am very glad that June 21st is behind me.

Yvette, I'm so sorry you had such a tough day *hugs*
And it seems like a good idea to be thinking about another place to stay, if they are so strickt about getting a cat.

I am still studying, and I'm counting down, because this seems like a long time. I've been studying for two weeks now, the same course, because I only have one, and I still have (just less then) a week to go. It sure makes you feel lonely from time to time. And that's about it. I can't wait for summer holidays, I have a few things planned, and some ideas in the back of my mind for then.

Hope all is well!

I'm sat here waiting for my little madam to settle down, I swear I've been up the stairs 10 times to her already!!!

Got some more graphics I want to get done, so really hope she goes to sleep soon!!!!

I just washed my hair and finished folding the laundry. It was so hot outside, I was able to wash the sheets, hang them out, and fold them after drying out in the sun. Tomorrow, when it's supposed to be cooler I'm going to iron and get my story chapter edited to post. Smile

off to bed now. had a full day of cleaning! boo, no fun! photographer came by and took pics of my house. hopefully our house will sell fast so we can get another one without being homeless for too long! *fingers crossed*

good night and good morning to everyone!!

hiya all congratulationscongratulations

I have just woke up at noon Ashamed shame congratulationsLaughing and now will be here a little before lunch is finished xD congratulations I think I will spend time here and playing PS today cause it is rainy outside SadSad hope for better weather soon congratulationsSmile

I am getting ready to have lunch. I am soooooo hungry. I woke up at 7 this morning and saw my hubby off to his appointment. Then I finished playing games and started lunch. Now it's finished...dashing off.

I'm having a quick coffee before going to pick Phoebe up from nursery...there goes my peace and quiet lol

I am at Lisa's for the night ...taking Ieuan home with me tomorrow for a week congratulations

kasijab wrote:
I am at Lisa's for the night ...taking Ieuan home with me tomorrow for a week congratulations

nice audrey have fun with ur grandchildren

esperia wrote:
kasijab wrote:

nice audrey have fun with ur grandchildren

Thanks Evi ..hope you are keeping safe and well in Athens ...the news here is full of riots, protests, etc.