Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danoneism

[HWCM F&F group built] HW lancer evolution 7 DAMD (update 01.12.10 @ pg5)

nothing new but i just change the title since this car will be my project in the fast & furious group built...!~

i just post some pic here.... u guys can check out my blog for more pic.... -->> SCALEMEDOWN

last night i have a chat with few members discussing about this car... it looks abit funny compare to tomica evo7.. one member said its maybe because the big wheels... but i think its actually because the height of the car... and the bumper looks like been shave off on the bottom part.... so i surf through the net and start looking on other evo7 cars and i quite the front bumper of the D.A.M.D. bodykit which were actually used on 2 fast 2 furious and tokyo drift evos.... then i decide how bout i replicate the bumper on my hotwheels evo7 car....

so this is how its began............................

pick out my lucky evo 7

open it up and sand down the original paintjob....

add the bumper main frame

sketch out the overall bumper

and add some putty........

so i guess its enough work for tonight.... ur comments and critiques are welcome....

hehe i guess the mods are soo superb that ppl become speachless!

I'd like to see the progress, so will check everyday.

Wow! This is consider a excellent idea,can't wait to see the out come.
Pic,pic,pic......

as i have said in LYN, your handwork looks neat. looking forward to see the outcome. show me what you got!

loved the myvi metallic color btw. Wink

can't wait to see the finished product! D.A.M.D 2F2F Evo 7.. sure cun melecun! Cool

Well...i just want to add, it'll be much easier for you to work with the base and body separated, but then again maybe that's how you work. Trace it out, make sure got everything prepared, then only the fun starts Wink.....

You may also like to try removing the paint first from the chassis using those 'Paint Remover' for metal, then using the finest sandpaper and sanding under slow-running water. This way you don't get the dust all over your face Very Happy or have it all over the house and dirty the tables and bla bla bla...hehehehe...you'll notice with the finer sandpaper, it's easy but whereas the thicker the sandpaper, lesser strength you have to use Smile....i personally prefer the finer ones, gives me more control and reaching those little nooks and such Wink...

But...yea!!! You BEAT me to the idea! Wink...i was browsing the net, and bumped into one of our members here Blog site. He was featuring all the cars from all the 4 episodes of Fasst & Furious. Looking thru them cars, i figured hey I have 80% of the cars featured in those movies...so got me to think...hmmm...how about customising every SET of cars featured in the movies....already Work In Progress! Wink...hehehe

Rayz-HWC wrote:
i was browsing the net, and bumped into one of our members here Blog site. He was featuring all the cars from all the 4 episodes of Fasst & Furious.

BENPAUL!!!xDD

Rayz-HWC wrote:
Well...i just want to add, it'll be much easier for you to work with the base and body separated, but then again maybe that's how you work. Trace it out, make sure got everything prepared, then only the fun starts Wink.....

You may also like to try removing the paint first from the chassis using those 'Paint Remover' for metal, then using the finest sandpaper and sanding under slow-running water. This way you don't get the dust all over your face Very Happy or have it all over the house and dirty the tables and bla bla bla...hehehehe...you'll notice with the finer sandpaper, it's easy but whereas the thicker the sandpaper, lesser strength you have to use Smile....i personally prefer the finer ones, gives me more control and reaching those little nooks and such Wink...

But...yea!!! You BEAT me to the idea! Wink...i was browsing the net, and bumped into one of our members here Blog site. He was featuring all the cars from all the 4 episodes of Fasst & Furious. Looking thru them cars, i figured hey I have 80% of the cars featured in those movies...so got me to think...hmmm...how about customising every SET of cars featured in the movies....already Work In Progress! Wink...hehehe

too bad HW doesnt have the complete set of cars that appeared in F&F 4 (STi, '73 camaro, ford grand torino, R34 and M5) else will be able to photoshoot one complete set of the cars.

btw danoneism, the custom looks nice. hope to see when it's done.

Rayz-HWC wrote:

thanx for the tips bro... actually i just assemble the base and body for photo session... hehe... anyway how bout we do online group built based on f&f movie here???

Quote :

too bad HW doesnt have the complete set of cars that appeared in F&F 4 (STi, '73 camaro, ford grand torino, R34 and M5) else will be able to photoshoot one complete set of the cars.

huhu... i think other brand got those car.. tomica got the sti and realtoy got the m5.. HW got r34 if not mistaken...

currently im quite busy with my assignment so i'll continue my work after 21th april.. sorry guys...

danoneism wrote:
Quote :

huhu... i think other brand got those car.. tomica got the sti and realtoy got the m5.. HW got r34 if not mistaken...

currently im quite busy with my assignment so i'll continue my work after 21th april.. sorry guys...

yeap, gotta make do with cars from other brand to make it complete Smile

hehe... come on guys... how bout a F&F custom group build.... huhu... anyway its F&F fever now....!~

danoneism wrote:
hehe... come on guys... how bout a F&F custom group build.... huhu... anyway its F&F fever now....!~

I figure it can be arranged and done. Will you want it to be individual or a group thing Smile

Cos there's many factors to think about....
1) you don't get em all cars bby just HW alone.
2) Johnny Lightning has done the cars from Episode 1 & 2 already.
3) the time/duration for the project.
4) ....of course this can be settled easily:- each member do x1 car each (someone make a count of total cars used in ALL x4 FF episodes)...so at the end, every Customed car has its own Driver Wink

too bad i dont even noe how to seperate the base,painting n many more..=(

Rayz-HWC wrote:
danoneism wrote:

I figure it can be arranged and done. Will you want it to be individual or a group thing Smile

Cos there's many factors to think about....
1) you don't get em all cars bby just HW alone.
2) Johnny Lightning has done the cars from Episode 1 & 2 already.
3) the time/duration for the project.
4) ....of course this can be settled easily:- each member do x1 car each (someone make a count of total cars used in ALL x4 FF episodes)...so at the end, every Customed car has its own Driver Wink
ok.. usually i joined an online group built which is quite easier than gather everyone and do it together... so this how it works...

1. open a new topic regarding the project maybe --> 1/64 fast &  furious group built or something sounds like that... {each completed work will be post in this topic...}
  2. each people who wanna participate must register to confirm who are joining the group built.
  3. than we set a  period normally 1-2months for finished the project.. all works must be done and finish before the closing date..
  4. everyone who'll like to join MUST post their w.i.p here so we know each members progress....<LI>only customizing is allowed... which means that johnny lightning series are not counted...
 But... i request for us to be allowed using other brand only if HW did not produce it....so rayz... i think we just do it online.. but  i suggest we start on may so that everyone can find their car before the starting date..... 

rikmun wrote:
too bad i dont even noe how to seperate the base,painting n many more..=(
well bro... i bet most of the members here can assist u doing it.... thats why i suggest everyone who join the group built to post their w.i.p. here so we can see and learn from other members...... so r u joining?

Hands up for those wanting to join! Smile

But must see if even enough guys per car...per movie. And who's picking which car? Draw lots?

Rayz-HWC wrote:
Hands up for those wanting to join! Smile

But must see if even enough guys per car...per movie. And who's picking which car? Draw lots?

or first come first serve.. Smile

group custom... sound interesting count me in... can book the car now... i wan chup the mustang fastback from tokyo drift... Smile

hehe... lets make it open la... dont need to book..  just build what u guys want no matter if someone's book it already... hehe if like that i'll built evo7 from f&f2 and maybe evo8 from f&f tokyo drift.... hehe... i tought of building the Chevrolet Chevelle SS but after i bought it i realised the one used in the movie is the 1970 chevelle but HW made the 1969 version.... huhu... 

hurm.. i check back with google and looks like HW also made 1970 chevelle... now i'm thinking of hunting it...!~

mr. dan... i have few questions for you..
what that thing/plastic u use for the bumper?
and in your blog what is the board u using to cover the bonnet to make the myvi? and what patty u are using? and where to find/buy them...

thank in advance...

by the really nice customs...

hye bro eight..... the thing i use for the bumper and the myvi bonnet is actually a model card which normally use by architectural student to build model.. model card are more quality cardboard compare to mounting board or manila card.. the board is not made of plastic but its waterproof enough to handle with the putty.... the putty i use is the cheap one which can be bought at normal hardware shop.... since they are other members who ask which one i guess i'll post a pic of it in the 'how-to' section maybe tonight...

cool thanks for the info... where can i get the model card?

i used to buy it at master art section 2 shah alam... or u can try the stationery shop at the old lim kok wing campus at kelana jaya.....

thanks for the info... hope got time to go there...

as the HWCM fast & furious officially started, i continued my recent work...
guess what.. the evo 7 has got a new side skirt... but the front bumper still hasn't finish yet.. still configuring how to replicate the front part...

nice...how bout the roof scoop??got new wing for the lan evo?

huhu... since the roof scoop and the rear wing are casted together so i just let it there.... no idea on how to remove it...

bro, to me take a plier and cut it away.use force...hehe! works well for me...hold the pliers the the spoiler edge then 'ketip' and twist it...then rest you know what to do ..case yo are a modeler Wink

hurm.... good suggestion... hehe...i'll try it later.. hope it wouldnt bend the entire body due to overtwisting forces...... hehe

i think using a metal saw really helpfull.. but using playar and kikir besi also provide good result..

hurm... sounds a bit complicated.... remove or not to remove... huhu...

anyway... here's a lil update on the front bumper which i have added on some putty to smoothen the surface... but its still need some sanding...

comments and critique are welcome...
happy customizing..!~

soooo long only this completed??curious to noe laaa

rikmun, doing customs are not as easy as you think. when you not in the rhythm, you tend to mess up. and if you don't rush, you will get good and desirable results.....

hehe.. its important to get the mood first before get thing started... if not in the end u'll mess up... hehe... well actually im busy with other things so the progress were a bit slow.....!~