Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danoneism

[tutorial] how to open the body without using a drill...

hye guys... since several members in the custom section area wanna do some customizing but didnt because they don't have drill to drill the rivet to separate the body and the chasis so i wanna share a method that i used to open the car's body without using a drill....

well some may find out that my method is not professional but not every one effort to buy a drill... hehe

the tools u need are simple... a hammer and a swiss knife..

firstly position the edge of the knife besides the rivet...

and hammer the knife... but remember to hammer it nice and slowly or otherwise u'll damage the car... huhu..

once u cut through one side do the same step along the red line in the pic below... this method basically is to cut the plastic around the rivet area and the chasis will loose..

so guys... i hope it can helps u guys in doing u'r customizing project..
cheers.....

Great tip for those who's thinking of doin' their 1st custom but not do not have a drill. But investing on a set of drill is not a bad investment actually Very Happy

Good tip bro dano. But as aphong said, buying a drill is a good investment.. and for those who can't afford to but drill, here is the solution.. Very Happy

Thanks for the tutorial. cheers

Does this method work for metal base?

well this tutorial is an alternative method to open the base.. it is better to use a drill than this method... hehe.... anyway bro sinclair.. this method doesn't works on metal base... works on plastic base only... so choose the right car to customize... hehe...

I'm using drill, I found it is handy for all bases. Hammer and knift need extra cares.

hehe.... yup of coz... beware of hammering or cutting ur own hand... hehe

This tip is suite to me more then drilling. Thanks a lot bro danoneism for sharing the tip. Very Happy

cooolman wrote:
This tip is suite to me more then drilling. Thanks a lot bro danoneism for sharing the tip. Very Happy

ur welcome...

at last a tip!!!....woohooo...thanks dano

excellent tip! it may or may not suit a customizer, but that shouldnt be your concern. thanks for sharing Smile

at last i can open the base!!muahahahahahaha

wah...thanks for the tip...will try on one of the cars tomolo...
hehe
Wink

yup.... some ppl use superglue but i prefer to use UHU because later u can take it out back....

icic.. thanks for the tip danoneism Smile
keke anyone got junk HW for donation to me to disect ? love to try my hand on opening the body and customizing a HW alien

haha... just pick out the one u hate most from ur collection... hehe..

muahaha.. the problem i juz started my collection of HW lately and all I have now is the ones I realli loved.. very sayang wanna experiment on them Crying or Very sad

ooo... hehe.. if like that go buy something u'll like to customize... ..

my 1st try on removing the body went bad... i scatch my HW..
still learning... heh..

hehe.... please be xtra carefull... luckly u scratch ur HW not ur hand... huhu.. easy solution.... just repaint it...

matchboxclub...then you should head down to Amcorp on Sundays pick up some donor cars for customs ma Smile....

zbrkjg....luckily it is a scratch to the car and NOT HURT yourself! Please do be careful Smile