Find results in...
rikmun

Customizing Process

can anyone help me bout the process....i only noe

1.remove the body from the base
2.strip off the paint
den??
may i noe wad paint to use
other than that,any important steps i need to do?

any body can help me how to stick smething on the car....like wings etc??and use wad to stick....wad type of putty is needed and it is better to have picture

use uhu glue... the best thing about it is that u can remove the item u stick when u dont want it to be there anymore... and it dont damage the item.. superglue will eat up the plastic part..

anyway about the putty, the best one is to get tamiya epoxy putty...

some may use bondite which cost less than tamiya's

the uhu glu wont leave stains on the body??how much does the putty costs??...and are there any more easier to get putty??

just applied a lil bit of the glue.... if u over press it of cause u'll mess it up... all my custom cars are glued using UHU glue.... by the way, tamiya putty cost rm25-30 if im not mistaken available at tamiya underground one utama or local hobby shops..... and bondite cost rm8-12 which is available at local hardware shop but not all... anyway there's another alternative is to use PYE puttyfilla which the one that i use... its about rm8 and easier to find compare to bondite...

0o thanks....den wad type of card u use to replicate the bumper of the evo 7??can gavi example??pics??

is the putty like ppl use to close the gaps on the wall??

i use model card... the one that use to built architectural model... but usually for modeling ppl use plastic card which u can get at tamiya underground 1 utama.... the PYE putty is the one use to fill the gaps...

but i still dono where to buy...i in ipoh lehh...

if in ipoh quite hard la to get the material... but i know one shop selling model card @ seri iskandar... near uitm campus... the shop name artistry... ask the owner en mior for it... but im not sure if his shop selling epoxy putty for modelling....

can anybody help me wad to use to strip the paint off other than putting paint stripper n sand paper??

i think there is not other method.... use paint stripper saves u a lot of time compare using sandpaper... it also easy to get... normal hardware shops are selling them... but careful with the liquid its an acid...

you can try buying brake oil, then throw the car body into the oil for a day, once you take it out (careful because its corrosive) use a toothbrush to brush out the paint.

almost the same price if not mistaken... paint remover cost around rm8-rm15... brake oil cost rm12 above..... but paint remover will torn down ur color faster... 10 min and u can start brush it out...

Guys I believe the brake oil fume is HAZARDOUS! So is the paint remover but doesn't kill you SOFTLY eh!! Razz....hehe

hurm... i think paint stripper is more dangerous then brake oil... hehe... brake oil if contact with skin nothing happens but paint stripper will cost itches and can burn also...

Guys, pls do not assume that if u feel nothing on ur skin than the product is safe to use. Actually, brake oil do harm ur skin if contact directly. Unlike the paint-stripper, u feel nothing but ur skins does react to it.

Please read the warning/caution label of any product carefully before using it. Please use latex gloves + mask when using with chemical stuff and ensure good ventilation.

Cheers!

toycarsmy wrote:
Look for Elgee's blog, he has alot of tips there.

halo, wat the link?