Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
demonicle-hwcmalaysia

HWCM RaceDay!

wah...look fun,i will try my best to be there........

demonicle wrote:
there's even talk about making this into a 'PINK SLIP' race... meaning the loser will have to surrender his car to the winner!

Pink Slip??! like this everyone will leave their Best/Favourite cars at home already... Your meaning of loser means the final 2 cars or everyone who participates has to give up their cars to the winner?

Besides this Feature race, will the 'Rubber wheels cars' be racing as well for the fun of it, we can also have a 'Japanese Import' car race since we are at it

Impavido is planning to 'reveal/open' 5 cars at raceday tonite, will post pixs soon

demonicle wrote:
the final race will be a 3 leg race. between the 2 finalist. there's even talk about making this into a 'PINK SLIP' race... meaning the loser will have to surrender his car to the winner!

Why so seriouz? blink

i want to come tonight but if i loose , i will be going home even without my hw car.,right? So, maybe come as spectators only, keke.... whistling

Er, how does this scoring system work, if everyone is to at least race each other? There seems to be only 11 names, shouldn't there be 13, since we are using the 4 lane raceway. Looks like each person will have to race at least 4 rounds/times, right?

example:

If in the 1st round, ADVedder is to race Shakz7, Boneshaker & undercoverbrother

2nd round, ADVedder against Rayz, jhc7598 & woozie

3rd round, ADVedder against Eight, tunnelrat & Impavido

4th round, ADVedder against demonicle only?

Now that BoneShaker has highlighted the scoring system, I sense that it is going to be difficult to handle? How are you going to pick who are the other 3 racing against you? The combinations for the foursome are quite big. sweat

To be fair, IMO, may I suggest why not have just 2 cars racing each other at a time for 2 rounds (switching lanes for 2nd round) with the winner of both rounds getting 3 pts loser 0 pts, and if draw (each player winning a round), then both get 1 pt. The selection of semi-finalists will then be as demonicle mentioned, ie. top 4 of the league.

Total races will be 246 rounds including semi-finals and final (if best of 3 rounds for semi-final and best of 5 rounds for final and 3rd placing each - somebody confirm my calculations correct lol). If each round takes about 10 seconds (inclusive set-up), the whole thing should take less than an hour? Also assuming that only 11 competitors take part, and not inclusive the RR races! Expect to go back after 2am.

If my idea sux, please tell me lol. :LOL!:

arghh... so many questions..... i'll do my best to answer one by one...

firstly.. the pink slip race is only between the final two racers.. meaning if u finish 3rd and below you will be able to keep ur car! its jus between two cars n two racers..

secondly.. i think i made a mistake explaining the points system... ONE point will be awarded for ONE car beaten.. so for example in a 4 person race. the winner will get 3 point for beating the other 3 ppl. and 2nd place will get 2 points for beating the 3rd n 4th place guys n so on..

with this system, we can have a 3 persaon race as well without affecting the point system. cuz the max u cud score in a 3 person race is 2 points cuz u only beat 2 ppl.

to paint a clearer picture let me give u an example

4 car race.

demonicle vs bone shaker vs shakz vs ADVedder

results
1st bone shaker ~1+1+1 = 3
2nd shakz ~ 1+1 = 2
3rd demonicle ~ 1 = 1
4th ADVedder ~ 0 = telur

3 car race

demonicle vs bone shaker vs shakz

results
1st bone shaker ~1+1 = 2
2nd shakz ~ 1 = 1
3rd demonicle ~ 0 = telur

2 car race

demonicle vs bone shaker

results

1st bone shaker ~1 = 1

2nd demonicle ~ 0 = telur

if u still dun understand how it works, not to worry. i will explain the rules before we kick it off.

also remember! U DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE UP UR CARS!!! ONLY THE TOP 2 WILL BATTLE IT OUT FOR THEIR CARS!

ok since some ppl suggested to have other side races... lets have fun with it...

Categories
1. Feature Race (open category) ~ the only race with prizes
2. Muscle Mania Race (muscle cars only) ~ looking for prize sponsors
3. Japs Import Race (japanese cars only) ~ looking for prize sponsors
4. Authentic Wheels Race (rubber wheels only) ~looking for prize sponsors

another suggestion from some forumers...
bring ur own prizes... Razz

its jus an idea.

each person brings any car and everyone jus throws it into a pool.. then we add up the cars, seperate them and give them away as prizes...

sinclair is rite.. i was reading about this race thing in other forums and all. and the race lane does make a lot of difference...
so...... we'll be making it 1 on 1 races all the way for the feature race.
2 races each. switching lanes each race.

Impavido not very keen on the pink slip thingy, he afraid he might lose his fav car. I'm sure everyone will bring their best cars to race, and not want to lose it anyway If we were to have this pink slip race, the race might not be as exciting. (my 2 cents worth)

The 5 cars that Impavido wants to 'Reveal/open' (and NO, these are not the prizes for the race!)

BoneShaker wrote:
Impavido not very keen on the pink slip thingy, he afraid he might lose his fav car. I'm sure everyone will bring their best cars to race, and not want to lose it anyway If we were to have this pink slip race, the race might not be as exciting. (my 2 cents worth)

Very true. If pink slip used even just for final i definitely won't place mine in the race.

it's entirely up to u guys if u wanna have that pink slip race.
its all for fun. no issues. if u dun wanna lose ur car then we'll jus race for fun. its really up to u guys.. we'll see when we get there ok?

I'll give up my car to the winner and also the rest....IF I LOSE!! Razz nyeh nyeh nyeh!!! hahahah LOL