Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elgee

[WIP] Two-way Co-custom Build: Gee & danielh's Nissan GTRs

WOW!!! ur masking skill really great..bro!! The tempo effect of the red and white look awesome too ..! Cant wait to c the final touch!!

cham2020 wrote:
japan flag colors !
sweet

haha!! it's red stripe looks like rising sun!!!!!

elgee wrote:

nuts! thats some high level masking there! im loving the paint effect on it! :-)

thanks elgee!!! yup, this area of masking need some patient works,hehe!!!

chee keng hong wrote:
WOW!!! ur masking skill really great..bro!! The tempo effect of the red and white look awesome too ..! Cant wait to c the final touch!!

thanks bro!! yes, some masking work here and there's another round of masking work again on the next WIP.

Some updates for today, this car is about 50% completed

Attaching the hood mod, i used PVA glue since it will both soften the card and hold both into place.

After it has dried and stuck, I filled the sides and edges with putty to smoothen the curve.

Attached the side skirts and front diffuser.

Sprayed the new rims gold.

Primered some areas of the chassis.

Primered the body, soft sand to smoothen out uneven areas and then sprayed with white.

alamak.. all otai2 la..
seeing the WIP itself already made me jealous of their skills..
keep up the good work bros!!

jhc7598 wrote:
alamak.. all otai2 la..
seeing the WIP itself already made me jealous of their skills..
keep up the good work bros!!

thanks bro, you have some massive skills yourself. i particularly like your work on the ken block evo x to be honest. :-)

here's some updates on the body work.

Sprayed the body gold. You may be wondering why I sprayed white, then gold? It is because my primer is grey, which is a dull. I sprayed the white as a base coat, since its the purest colour of the spectrum. Then i spray multiple mist coats and finally a light coat of gold to make it bright.

Sprayed some gold onto the chassis.

Did some tempo work. I went with chrome silver for the tempo, making two tone camo-style splatter/smudge design. To achieve this effect I used a toothbrush to spray and dab the silver paint on the body, and then using acrylic thinner and cotton buds to smudge and take off paint.

actually gee, you don't have to do that.......
you can use silver as your base coat and spray gold on it
i think the effect will be better Wink

nice work as always

wah.. nice steps.. really really creative la bro.. like the way u do the tempo.. now i'm learning something new, SmileSmile

elgee wrote:

thanks bro, you have some massive skills yourself. i particularly like your work on the ken block evo x to be honest. :-)

wah, thanks bro.. really happy that u like that evoX,

very constructive WIP from elgee. The gold colour finish and some excellent silver tempo flakes using toothbrush all over the casting, this creative custom paint job!!!

jhc7598 wrote:
wah.. nice steps.. really really creative la bro.. like the way u do the tempo.. now i'm learning something new, SmileSmile

elgee wrote:

wah, thanks bro.. really happy that u like that evoX,

me too! really like the ken block evo custom done by you!!

Last update before the completed photos, the car is about 90% done.

Interior; gave it a silver trim and added a new steering wheel and gps screen.

Applied decals and glossed.

xeifu wrote:
yep.....not to complete yet now...hehehe

xeifu....your avatar looks very depress la....

danielh wrote:
xeifu wrote:
yep.....not to complete yet now...hehehe

xeifu....your avatar looks very depress la....

Ya loh!! Think cuz not yet haul any t-hunt!! Razz

so sedeh!! hehe.. btw my custom also still not finish..
cant spray paint, coz always raining.. Smile

the completed pics will be delayed by a week or two, since i will be going on holiday tonight. so sorry for the inconveniences, but this gives the rest of you time to complete your gtr customs! :-)

elgee wrote:
the completed pics will be delayed by a week or two, since i will be going on holiday tonight. so sorry for the inconveniences, but this gives the rest of you time to complete your gtr customs! :-)

yes, as mentioned by elgee. The full complete pics will be upload in one to two weeks later. by the way have a safe holidays elgee!!

Time to revive this thread again. It's been almost 2 weeks long and i've been busy rushing others pending custom and just manage to continued some of the previous WIP.

WIP as yesterday..
another round of masking to the casting.

Another black colour spray coat all over,

After the black colour coating healed, the masking has been removed. And what we can see is 2 tone red and black stripe effect.

Now to the aerial or antenna. I chose this thin and long plastic tag which we normally see on collar of the shirt or t shirt which are tagged along with price list on retail shopping malls.

next, cut out the middle section.

custom antenna which has been cut out.

Now, the interior has been touch up as the seat bucket are painted red colour. The wheels are swapped from ferrari co-mold tyres and the rear custom GT wing and antenna are all in the order to be fixed for the final touch.
Here's the unfinished custom, still another 10% of works to go. Hope that can finish in time.

superb work on it daniel...
your antenna is great. but i did mine on 'sprue pulling technique' which i learnt from an instruction manual !

cham2020 wrote:
superb work on it daniel...
your antenna is great. but i did mine on 'sprue pulling technique' which i learnt from an instruction manual !

thanks cham!!!!!!! another idea from you..'sprue pulling technique', thats nice!

hokuan wrote:
NIce work danielh!..Where you get those decals? Print ?

thanks bro!!!!!! it's printed water slide decal paper and this is trial and error which are still not perfect yet.

I see..where to get the water slide decals paper? need to import?

hokuan wrote:

Sorry, forget to answer that. Yes,the water slide decals are from overseas which are pass to me by sinclair for the the recent custom VW fastback which are also sharing the the decal with the current custom GTR project.

Hokuan, as what as i know these water slide decal are not available here in klang valley or locally but i think you can get it in SG. Since your'e in down south, it will be easier for you to go there to look for it. Do let me know the price if you manage to find one.

chee keng hong wrote:
Nice tempo & decal did look nice!! Racing spec GT-R? Shocked

thanks bro!!!!! yup, another racing spec.

danielh wrote:
hokuan wrote:

Sorry, forget to answer that. Yes,the water slide decals are from overseas which are pass to me by sinclair for the the recent custom VW fastback which are also sharing the the decal with the current custom GTR project.

Hokuan, as what as i know these water slide decal are not available here in klang valley or locally but i think you can get it in SG. Since your'e in down south, it will be easier for you to go there to look for it. Do let me know the price if you manage to find one.

i want one too!! huhu
btw bro, thats really damn nice customs n also nice tutorial on aerial.. seen that skills some where but not yet try it.. looks awesome!!

jhc7598 wrote:
danielh wrote:
hokuan wrote:

i want one too!! huhu
btw bro, thats really damn nice customs n also nice tutorial on aerial.. seen that skills some where but not yet try it.. looks awesome!!

thanks bro!!!!!!!

Laputa wrote:
Oww...master! Looks very nice & very nice!

thanks laputa!!!!