Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aBc

How to remove the wheels from the base??

Hi guys need some help from u all , i am not so sure how to open or remove the wheel from the base can u guys help .

is it a metal base or a plastic base?

if it is a plastic base, simple use a penknife to cut the tabs

if its a metal base, then oh boy you got work on your hands. you will need a power tool, either a drill (which i do not recommend) or a dremel with a cutter attachment (which i DO recommend).

same process as before, drill/cut the tabs holding the wheels down.

you can also try purchasing a small handsaw to do the job. it may not get it done cos of the small degree of freedom.

Anyway, I have covered it on my blog. You can click HERE

wanna ask, if u oready cut the tabs then can it put it back?

renji wrote:

what you should do is just put glue onto where the tabs used to be. i would prefer epoxy glue, since superglue "bleeds" and this will cause it to flow to the tyres. if you do use superglue, use minimal, or cut out a small tab to glue on the base on top of where the tabs used to be.

if you dont use hot wheels tyres, like maisto or jada, you will need to make a new tab to be put on top. but not too big, something with enough strength to hold down the tyres will do. remember though, that the tabs are withstanding the load of the whole car. hope this helps!

Thx elgee! u help me big time and plus thx for that quation "renji" i was going to ask the same thing to . Anyway guy's Thx~

Other than Atom's question, I got a few more if anybody can answer:

1. What do you think is the drill bit size
2. What tool did he use at the end of the dremel?
3. What was he cutting when he was removing the wheels?

Thanks.

atom : i think he use a small size screw.. because he drill up the rivet until the body... then next step he use dremel to clean the rivet head... aha.. (not sure what it calls). ... so basically he do it the other way comparing to what we always do... hehe...

sinclair : i think the drill bit size is very small.. because from what i see he only drill the rivet hole before using the dremel.....

for the tool he used, its usually avaliable with the dremel set itself.. so not sure what it called..

he cuts the piece that hold on the wheels... ive tried his method on a plastic base car.. and its ok... but if metal base car.. erkk..

hehe.. anyway.. this is a great vid to share... npw everyone can custom!~

do you mean the dremel machine??? last time some one sold it about rm400-500++ if im not mistaken... huhu.. you wont find it here at the hardware shop...

sinclair wrote:
Other than Atom's question, I got a few more if anybody can answer:

1. What do you think is the drill bit size
2. What tool did he use at the end of the dremel?
3. What was he cutting when he was removing the wheels?

Thanks.

IMHO
1. For the drill, I guess should be 2.5mm size, I've buy this but haven't tried yet. then the next is to clean the remains rivet, the last drill tools is usually available in the drill tools set, the one attach with the machine drill, not the manual one ( like what I sold last time to some of the members )
2. That's call tap drill if you're refering to the tool he use by hand to twist and turn into the rivet pole, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tap_and_die , it's a kind of tools use to make the screw threads so the hole could be fit with a screw.
3. The metal part used to hold the wheels

danoneism wrote:
atom : i think he use a small size screw.. because he drill up the rivet until the body... then next step he use dremel to clean the rivet head... aha.. (not sure what it calls). ... so basically he do it the other way comparing to what we always do... hehe...

sinclair : i think the drill bit size is very small.. because from what i see he only drill the rivet hole before using the dremel.....

for the tool he used, its usually avaliable with the dremel set itself.. so not sure what it called..

he cuts the piece that hold on the wheels... ive tried his method on a plastic base car.. and its ok... but if metal base car.. erkk..

hehe.. anyway.. this is a great vid to share... npw everyone can custom!~

IMHO
He drill the centre of the rivet first for the screw thread lines since the rivet shaped is a hole in the middle, so it's easier to use it as the centre drilling point.
The drill tap he used is not available with the dremel set, you have to purchase it separately, I've tried to look for it today, mostly shop sell the size of 3mm as what I think I should get is 2.5mm because the remains rivet pole in the hotwheels chassis is only around 3.5mm to 4mm.
Metal base also can if the plier is sharp and use good quality one, or else using mini scale saw hehehe

Atomkinder wrote:
More questions.

The cutter he's using, available here?

I sold it at my last visit to Amcorp...... hehehe

danoneism wrote:
do you mean the dremel machine??? last time some one sold it about rm400-500++ if im not mistaken... huhu.. you wont find it here at the hardware shop...

You can get it again at April or July, just plan the budget and then contact me hehehe

elgee wrote:
renji wrote:

what you should do is just put glue onto where the tabs used to be. i would prefer epoxy glue, since superglue "bleeds" and this will cause it to flow to the tyres. if you do use superglue, use minimal, or cut out a small tab to glue on the base on top of where the tabs used to be.

if you dont use hot wheels tyres, like maisto or jada, you will need to make a new tab to be put on top. but not too big, something with enough strength to hold down the tyres will do. remember though, that the tabs are withstanding the load of the whole car. hope this helps!

Bro, does this mean that we just put the glue onto the axle itself?

Hi Jay...yes you may put glue onto the axle since all 4 wheels are independent on its own thus you won't need the axle to rotate.

Only disadvantage it won't be quick at any races tho, since the axle is glued onto base...

Rayz-HWC wrote:
Hi Jay...yes you may put glue onto the axle since all 4 wheels are independent on its own thus you won't need the axle to rotate.

Only disadvantage it won't be quick at any races tho, since the axle is glued onto base...

Ahh... nice! Thanks for explaining. god