Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
demonicle-hwcmalaysia

Better if.... v1.5

better if u all stop worshipping useless japanese tuners n start worshipping the the pointed star which make the best cars in the world.

This thread is for all u guys out there to try n stop my affection for mercedes benz

pointed star?????? Sharp or not???? Can used to make arrow head ..... Izzit a type of hedgehog!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Explanation how it can b a good car if it is just a pointed star? Star is star mah ... Car is car mah ... Dunno how to differentiate izzit ... Must send u to school

better if...u can bring me go drive with one of ur stars so i can see how wonderful the car is

Hey Mr admin, i used to steal the logo off those old Mercs when i was a kid. Then i break the circle and then i use the star as shuriken. Thanks to TV telling me i can be a kawasaki ninja.

About Mercs. They are good cars. That is if you have a lot of money to keep them. Sure you could buy an old S320 for RM50K or less. But you need to pay a lot for parts. Some more if the NAP policy come into play, who would want to own a car that the gearbox alone cost 80% of the car value? And i thought paying RM15K for a brand new spanking CVT gearbox from Honda for the MK1 Jazz was expensive. My eyes bleed when i saw the quote of GB replacement for a E240. Nothing to say on those newer models out now.

If i were in Euro countries, i would definitely buy conti cars. Simply because its local to them like Proton to us. And there are a lot of conti tuners for their makes there. And its cheap to own and maintain. They even have E class taxis everywhere!

If i were in Japan it makes no sense to own a Conti. It way too freaking expensive to own and maintain than a Lexus. Mercs other competitor. hahahaha.

Sometimes i see people who own Mercs simply because they can. I know a million dollar guy who owns one and he fetched me to his office to work on something. He asked for my opinion. I would say its a good comfortable car. But i find it is for lazy people. Not that they are lazy in work. But lazy in worrying about driving. People who does not give a thought how the car would want the driver to give their attention span to them.

Now this coming from me driving a 1979 toyota Corolla coupe that is brash and trash and a good candidate for scrap yard. But at least the car would not make me doze off behind the wheel. Its just waiting to me to lapse in concentration and send me to heaven in a ball of flaming fury! But at least its the only one in Malaysia and not common like a Merc. hahahaha.

Spoiler:

valid points. but still no reason for me to stop loving the brand.

btw net, i drive a 1991 proton saga. i have as much fun driving it as an SL. seriously. i love the sound of my tires screeching everytime i take a corner too fast. and i try to take tat corner the same way again and again evrytime i go to work or come home. its jus fun. somehow, its more of a fun car to drive than a mercedes.

but, other than MY 'sagalution', im still always in awe of mercedes

A saga?!?! You are exactly like my other friend. Who drives an old Saga. With a little bit of mod here and there. But with stock outlook! Open up the hood, its just like any Saga. But its hell faster than regular one. He wouldn't junk it and he takes good care of it.

Anyway why don't you get a Merc since u deal with it everyday. Servicing it would not be a problem for you too right? I like the old E230 (W???) before the peanut eye one. The other "tank" besides a Volvo 240. That is robust as hell. I think they cost less than RM20K nowdays.

net.. i aint confident enuff to handle its rear wheel drive. frankly, im afraid of the way i drive.

but my saga has been overhauled n rebored to a 1.6. so i get a little more kick when i step on the pedal.

actually i have an experience of going to KL with a Merc C-Class and a BMW 3..i feel that when the c class going on high speed like 180kph..the C is way more smoother and quiter than the 3..the 3 is more bumpy to than the C and when the 3 handles the turnings...my dad need to slow down until 140 while the C only needs to slow down until 165...i was impressed by the C taking the corner soo smoothly

but once again,i would still go for honda because my cousin that drives a new jazz...he brings me go everywhere and i observe the km/l meter,it keeps rising..it shows 36.0km/l!!and one thing i cant believe is that although it is going up hill..it rises until 37!he said that the jazz is more fuel efficient than his motorbike!
and a honda odyssey it will also saves lotsa petrol..although its a 2.4,my uncle use one tank of petrol going from ipoh to KLIA TWICE!you can never trust it until you really gets in a honda...before the odyssey,my uncle uses a harrier and one tank of petrol gets empty when going from ipoh to KLIA only

Quote :
net.. i aint confident enuff to handle its rear wheel drive. frankly, im afraid of the way i drive.

but my saga has been overhauled n rebored to a 1.6. so i get a little more kick when i step on the pedal.

Alamak! Its the opposite for me. I'm not secure in a FWD car. hahaha. But once you driven RWD everyday (like me 10 years) you would never want to to go back to FWD. Cannot deny that FF cars have a safety net in the form of understeer. While we RWD cars would have to feel the lost traction at the rear with our butts and steering angle. Also sometimes its great fun to know that most FF cars cannot turn into corners as fast a RWD. hahaha.

Rebored to 1.6 eh? I remembered my friend wanted to do a 1.8 bottom end swap from another mitsu while retaining the head. Just to pass visual inspection. Dunno la if he did it. But his car is fast though.

Get a FR Merc la. Merc is good!!! Maybe the only way to drive slow is to get a vintage Merc.

Whether it's Mercedes or (insert your worshipped car here) far as i'm concerned all of them should do better than Proton, cause if i press down to wind down the window they actually wind down.

net.... i sometimes take the e-class out for a spin, switch of the ESP n burn some rubber. counter steering isn't a problem. its jus that older merc dun come equipped with ESP n i've heard many stories of the passengers being killed but the driver survived. all because the driver cudn't handle the sheer power going to the rear wheels.
so.. i dun wanna risk the lives of others.

Hey dun rely on computers to drive for you la! Even the most high end R35 GTR also crash. It all boils down to the driver. Anyway you should hear inside you when to stop. I learn to listen and can stay out of trouble all the time. Most people know, its just they think its nothing they could not overcome. How wrong they are. The best ESP is human senses. Not some traction control. I would like ti say if you have a 200hp car on the road any size and make, it is better to drive slow. Most cars on the road is just slightly over 1 ton and only 80hp is needed to get them moving very fast.

But if you ask me, a Merc 270D is pretty awesome when going uphill. The torque is addictive.