Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sinclair

I went to a swapmeet today (18.07.2010)

I went to a swapmeet today, my first in Oz. This is held about once every 2 months in the same place. Quite excited about this, thinking about all the treasures that I would find. What a Face

Banners outside the venue

The swapmeet is held at one of the halls at the local footie club. The grounds are pretty big with the stadium, club house, restaurants and including this hall.

Didn't take as much photos as I would have liked to show the stalls. The hall wasn't full but in terms of size if you can imagine about 1.5 floors of amcorp flea market with every stall selling toy cars. There were some selling figurines, planes and clothes though.

And what can I say about all the amazing stuff that saw! Mostly muscle and V8 cars, but a great variety of everything. Don't think I can describe everything, but for HW got TH$, box sets, drag buses and I even saw the Twin Mill Legends in action, lights and sounds and all! Prices, well, I would say some are at a premium but many are reasonable and even cheap. Loose cars start at $1 and carded at $10 for 3. This is my small haul, cheaper than the bay methinks if you input in the postage from US. Love those F40 wheels!

Bought some Kar Keepers at $2 each and some loose cars too.

Wish I could have had more time to look at everything more closely but I certainly will be back for the next.

Awesome. Wouldn't it nice if such event held down here (beside for the Amcorp Mall). Drool to see the Ferrai F40. Congratz.

Thet F40 have the original Modena wheels for that generation of cars. The current rubber wheels also like that, but the dish is much much more. The one you have is accurate.

What an experience but middle of the month. Need to have more bullet to buy all the collectibles. But need to wait salary at the end of the months.

wow!! Really nice & great event !! Can haul a lot of nice casting!! Lucky our BOLEH LAND here got AMcorp mall!!

fuyooooo... almost gone blind looking at those collections for swap... congrats bro...

hmmm... swap meet is a very good idea.
I've been to sneaker swap meets locally before but this is actually an idea for us.