Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
undercoverbrother

UcB's Mcfarlane figures..

(tries not to turn this into long essay)

For you guys info it is actually Mcfarlane figures that brought me back into toy collecting, though all the while during high school times i did wish i could focus on starting own collection be it figures or diecast cars. I couldn't recall whether it was local toys forum Play or the infamous Spawn Board first, that spawned my 'alter ego' the Undercoverbrother, nonetheless this legendary Spawn forum is sentimental one as it's where i got to know some cool playaz like Atomkinder (remember Centrepoint gaths), learned the art of hunting for my wishlist even hotwheels trades with overseas playaz.

Anyway, a week ago Todd Mcfarlane himself reappear on forum only to announce sad news of this forum finally shutting down. He claimed of migrating the network to facebook and stuff, but i guess all of us could figure out especially with how Mcfarlane been doing lately. And while i've been enjoying this HW thing (read - Hotwheels NOT Treasure Hunts) i actually never ever gave up on my Spawns, Mcfarlane figures is still the stuff i enjoy collecting and glad that i can finally put almost all of my Mcfarlanes on display.

And so just a day before Spawn Board gone for good i've decided not to remain undercover and posted pics of my Mcfarlanes there as a tribute and my thanks to that forum. Thought i would share here as well, maybe you guys might find it interesting. Sorry for bad camera though.

p/s- looking forward to see you guys punya Spawn HWCM custom group built.. i *think* i might step in as well.. but don't count me in cause you know Undercoverbrother memang always unreliable lol

The 3 coolest spawn collectors club..

Adventure of spawn & she spawn

Spawn with guns & movie spawn

The simpsons, medicom spawn and bunch of TF Masterpiece

- not mcfarlane - Bumblebees and "UCB's green cars"

Matrix and batmobiles..

MGS and more batmobiles..

Zombie, ninja and gunslinger spawn

Wings of redemption & spawn 5

Human characters

Matrix & mgs series 1

Classic comic covers.. coolest spawn series ever

Under my desk.. vintage spawn

Manga spawns.. middle spot reserved for missing s34 manga spawn

Flying spawn

Last but not least, the spawn that started it all..

clapclapclap ........... got the chance to see them collections personally... memang awesome collection UCB... keep it up bro.... thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Whoa, sweet collection there..! Spawn figures are always very artistic and highly detailed, sometimes I do feel attracted to these figures at XL-Shop, especially the Watchmen characters the Comedian, Silk Specter, but I haven't seen Nite Owl yet.

cheerscheerscheersflexflexflexclapclapclapthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup bertuah sungguh kami orang dpt menatap gambar2 koleksi yg pelbagai bagai... suka ngan tema camo askar tersebut... thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

ps... bak kata ana raffali... boleh pandang2... jangan pegang2... whistlingwhistlingwhistling

Thanks playaz!

netmatrix wrote:
Eh? how come you don't keep the bad guys like Violator, Clown and such one?

Good question.. this is what i wrote over in spawn forum,

"I'm pretty much a completist yet tried to minimize the list of Spawns to look for, making sure those are what i really wanted. And so instead of choosing to complete certain series i carefully narrow down my hunt using certain guidelines, basically for Spawn himself i would go for the ones in original black and red, not the different interpretation of Spawn, Manga Spawn is cool to me, 'ordinary' human characters in spawn world, and of course other Mcfarlane series that i personally like. And one thing i do love is to make sure i get most of known variants for certain figures so they can be placed side by side."

The idea of my real hotwheels collection is pretty similar to this as well. If i were to reveal my real stash that even those visited the Undercover Hideout haven't take a peek i can quickly dispel myth surrounding "UcB and his Treasure Hunts", but you guys can get some idea by some random castings i've already put on display (Ferrari 60th Anniversary, X-Raycers etc). The key is "if i really dig the particular series and have chance to complete then only i'll go for it". Now the question left is when can i find perfect setup to set free all of my hotwheels hehe..

OIC. Also u got that rare green necroplasm spawn from collector club one. Anyway the Manga spawn is it comes in 6 figures that u can connect to a larger one?