Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

*Spoilers* 8/21 Sacramento, CA (videos, recaps, pictures, tweets)

Guest Guest

This is the place to post all recaps, pics and vids of the 8/21 Sacramento, CA concert. We hope everyone going has a great time and remember the rest of us live vicariously through you! Very Happy

We would appreciate it if everyone posting here take the following guidelines into account. They are intended to respect our members as well as people who are not part of our forum and to make the concert threads as easy to read as possible. Very Happy

1. We would like to emphasize that we will not tolerate any more talk about fan behavior that involves any bashing, naming names or personal details. Ignoring this warning will earn members a 24 hour ban. Discussion of any retaliation or physical harm against another fan for any reason, will potentially result in a permanent ban from this board!

2. All pics have to be 800 px max in width or if you are unable to resize them, just post a link to them (resizing in Photobucket is really easy). If we find pics larger than that, we will replace them with their appropriate links. We'll keep a tally of those people breaking this guideline. If you break the pic posting rule 3 times, you will earn a temporary ban.

3. Please - especially when posting photos and videos - give credit to the photographer (or writer of a recap).

Not sure if there is a cellcast tonight or not. Check back later for details!

Have fun today, everyone!!!! Be careful in the heat today, and don't forget to wear your chap-stick!!! LOL Face Wise works from Andy P. Skib!!

Guest Guest
I hope everyone going has a great time - especially Piper. I know how long she's waited for this day!

Yay, it's here!!!!!! Yahoo!

Planning to leave for the fair at about 4 PST. I will attempt to tweet, but since I am new to the whole Twitter thing, don't be too disappointed if I screw it up.

I am @kristen2919.

For all who are going, make sure you bring a light jacket or sweater. It was downright cold last night with the wind. Today: high 92, low 59.

Yay can't believe it is finally here - someone was pointing out to me we bought our tickets way back in MAY for this - wow I'd forgotten it was that long ago! Gonna take kids out of school at noon and drive up, it's at least a 2-hour drive for us and we figured we'd take them to the Fair as long as we have to pay Fair admission! I unlocked my twitter for today, it's janesixtytwo if you want to follow.

Guest Guest
Have a great time, everyone! Piper, I'm so glad that you finally get to see David live. You are in for a wonderful treat.

We'll be waiting to hear all about it.

So, just to get a Twitter clarification, when I mention David, do I have to write "@thedavidcook" as opposed to just "David Cook?"

And, I have to unlock mine, too.... will go do that.

Glad you convinced your girls to that it's ok to get out of school early, Jane! It should be a much smoother ride for you leaving at noon than at 3.

Thank you all sweeties!!!
The Time of My Life arrived ...Today !
I'm leaving San Francisco at 9:30 to Sacramento...
I intend to arrive at the fair about 3 pm...maybe I can spend some time at the mall...
As soon as I arrive there I'll send a text message to Kristen !!!
See you all there girls !!!
There's a surprise for you I brought from Brazil !!!
XOXO dears!!!

Blow Kisses

Kristen if you have some news about a M&G please text me !!!
I'm dying to see this guy !!!! Please!Fingers Crossed!!!

Have fun today, everyone!!! I know two of my good friends Karen (not on this board) and Jess (of course you all know her) will be there tonight. Very Happy

Karen is my friend too, Jul, a fellow Bay Area Word Nerd! Kristin, if you want it to show up in David's "mentions" list then you have to use the @ symbol when referring to him - my understanding is if he isn't following you and doesn't do a search for himself he wouldn't see it otherwise. However, if you just want the rest of us to see it, if you use the term David Cook it will show up in a Twitter search for that term. But if you unlock your account then anyone can see whatever you write if they just follow you or pull up your account on the computer, whether you use David, David Cook, @theDavidCook or whatever. Does that make sense?

^^ Thanks, Jane. I'll do my best to figure it out! Smile

Also, by my calculations from the Lancaster drive, the guys should be in Sac or close to it right about now.

Yay, can't believe the day is finally here. I'll be leaveing to the fair in a couple of hours. I won't be able to update from there, but I'll try to do it as soon as I'll get back. Are we still planning on meeting in the wine area at 6:30?

@Jane62 wrote:
Karen is my friend too, Jul, a fellow Bay Area Word Nerd! Kristin, if you want it to show up in David's "mentions" list then you have to use the @ symbol when referring to him - my understanding is if he isn't following you and doesn't do a search for himself he wouldn't see it otherwise. However, if you just want the rest of us to see it, if you use the term David Cook it will show up in a Twitter search for that term. But if you unlock your account then anyone can see whatever you write if they just follow you or pull up your account on the computer, whether you use David, David Cook, @theDavidCook or whatever. Does that make sense?

Ahh, that's awesome.. didn't know you guys knew each other. Smile

Yeah, I don't think he'll see any @ replies unless he's following you and/or he checks those. I can see him spending as little time on the twitter page as possible. LOL Face

@montyanderson: Shopping in Sacramento...new shoes for tonight!! YEAH

Nobody knows yet if David is with him or not...

David was with him

Skyentology: Saw David cook crossing the street from the mall back to our crew hotel where he is also staying.

Skyentology: It's kind of ironic I am looking out the tinted window of a limo while David cook is crossing the street in Sacramento

Ha! I knew it.. the boy can't resist shopping. I totally tweeted Monty back and was like, is @thedavidcook with you? I know that boy and his shopping..

thedavidcook Another beautiful day. CA State Fair, hope you are ready to
ROCK. ~D

Why am I not surprised he's been out shopping???? Hope he wears something hawt for us tonight....as per usual Razz

Have fun everyone!!!

Guest Guest

Have fun, everyone!!! Specially those of you going to a C show for the first time, like Piper!

Hope it's all you were hoping for cheers

andyskib: off to the fair...maybe see you there, in Sacramento, CA
4 minutes BEFORE David's recent tweet...

I love that some of the tweets we now get are from Dave and the guys. Love it! It's almost like you are face to face and he is saying something to you. Love it! And David shopping again so cool. I would imagine that if he only made $800 a month before Idol, that having money to do anything you want, well, that is just amazing. So glad he gets to enjoy that. Me on the other hand, I can only imagine.

Have fun everyone going tonight. Can't wait for your recaps, etc. Piper, I know this show has been a long time coming for you. Can't wait to hear your impression of seeing our boy live after only seeing him on youtube. There is no comparison.

Guest Guest

Hope everyone has a great time thats going......

Especially Piper, she has waited so long to finally see a show live!! Have fun girl!!! Great

Well, I tweeted a couple of times... maybe it didn't work? Anyway, was running some errands with my kids this morning/early afternoon, including going to the MALL because I promised my son we could go to the Lego Store. Saw the bus parked at their hotel (and screamed a little in the car and scared my kids) and then saw Kyle at the mall. Didn't see David, but was probably at the mall at the same time -- go figure. But I don't think he would be at the Lego Store, anyway. Very Happy

Also, heard on the radio that 100.5 The Zone will be at the Fair and have several tables set up where people can register to win a VIP M&G with David, including food, etc. Just thought I would post that info in case people are checking.

Another also, traffic is already horrendous, so if you are driving in from out of the area and are not on your way yet, try to allow some extra time.

I am outta here in a bit -- have to go get ready!!!

Piper <3 and everyone who is going!!Have a GREAT show!!

Guest Guest
That stage looks all kinds of ghetto!

I know...I was thinking, "Where's the stage?" Fortunately, there were big signs to help me out with that. What a strange set-up.

I hope our Word Nerd friends find the table with the M&G passes! Good luck, girls!

Guest Guest
Is there a cellcast tonight?

David last update:

Just finished a good round of press. Thanks to KZZO and to D. Ferrera @KHOPAT951 - (Go Chiefs) ~D

Does anyone know if Piper ever got backstage passes or an opportunity to meet Dave? I know she was hoping to and everyone was giving her suggestions on possibilities. Just wondered if it happened.

Kristen went to the meet & greet, and just now she posted: "Just took a pic w DwEEB!" (via Twitter) cheers Awesome for her!

Guest Guest
Yahoo! for Kristen! So happy for her!

Kristen went to the meet & greet, and just now she posted: "Just took a pic w DwEEB!" (via Twitter) cheers Awesome for her!

Yay! Is this her first time meeting them?

I'm so happy for all your west coast first timers! Hope y'all have a blast! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Guest Guest
AHHHH this DJ might be even more of a tease than David is.

@D_Ferreira: Listen 2 KHOP next wk ... David Cook. He gives KHOP exclusive 2 what the name of his band is. It's a very original name

very originall... hmmm.... let's take a stab at this.

The Burnt pancakes??

The Totally Rock-Tastic band?

The Green Man with the plain Band?

The Light Techs?

Dances With Green bodysuits?

The Drummer has better hair than I do band?

The David, Doctor, Drummer, plus two others? ( 3D20?)

The Waddling Penguins?

The Cancer-Curing Kings?

ok. I don't really use words like this..so I'll let you figure it out. But take the first letter of David, Andy, Monty, Neal, and then Kyle. The K would be silent. ROFLOL

I'm probably giving them ideas if they read this. LOL if they decide to change it to one of my names, sorry if we have to wait longer. LOL