Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

*Spoilers* 10/17 Columbia, SC (recaps, pictures, videos, tweets)

Guest Guest

This is the place to post all recaps, pics and vids of the 10/17 Columbia, SC concert. We hope everyone going has a great time and remember the rest of us live vicariously through you! Very Happy

We would appreciate it if everyone posting here take the following guidelines into account. They are intended to respect our members as well as people who are not part of our forum and to make the concert threads as easy to read as possible. Very Happy

1. We would like to emphasize that we will not tolerate any more talk about fan behavior that involves any bashing, naming names or personal details. Ignoring this warning will earn members a 24 hour ban. Discussion of any retaliation or physical harm against another fan for any reason, will potentially result in a permanent ban from this board!

2. All pics have to be 800 px max in width or if you are unable to resize them, just post a link to them (resizing in Photobucket is really easy). If we find pics larger than that, we will replace them with their appropriate links. We'll keep a tally of those people breaking this guideline. If you break the pic posting rule 3 times, you will earn a temporary ban.

3. Please - especially when posting photos and videos - give credit to the photographer (or writer of a recap).

Check back later for cellcast info!

*sigh* I should be there...third row center. But alas, I'm not. Damn being responsible!!! Once the remaining Southern dates are announced (and hopefully I can go to a few of them), all will be better. Smile

Everyone have a GREAT time tonight and take lots of pics and vids!! And...STAY WARM!! Cold front just moved through and this one is outdoors.

Guest Guest
Have a great time tonight, everyone! We'll be anxiously waiting for pictures, videos, and details!

I'm about to leave for Columbia. I'm so excited for this show. I'll probably be tweeting during the show so, if anyone wants to follow me there's a link at the bottom of my siggy to my tweeter.

Yeah, have fun everyone.
Even though I wish I were there with all of you. Very Sad

Guest Guest

Have fun and a great show everyone going! The Wave

I'm about to leave for Columbia. I'm so excited for this show. I'll probably be tweeting during the show so, if anyone wants to follow me there's a link at the bottom of my siggy to my tweeter.

Already following you. Smile

And just so everyone knows, we have added a field to your profile page where you can add your twitter address and it will appears as one of the plethora of buttons that appear under all your posts. Just be sure to enter the full url of your twitter page (http://twitter.com/yourname).

Guest Guest
Everyone enjoy!!

The cellcast thread was over so I'll put this here. In that thread it was rumored there was a 16-song setlist. Then it looked like that rumor stemmed from there supposedly being a 2-page setlist. Obviously, there were only the usual 12 songs. It's possible he skipped a bunch but I think it's more likely, especially since it looks like noone could actually see the setlist since it was so far away and high off the ground... I suspect the rumor started because someone saw 2 pages taped to the floor in front of David, and didn't realize that he frequently if not always has the lyrics to one or more songs taped to the stage in addition to the setlist.

Wow, that was damn wordy, wasn't it? LOL Face

I think they did the usual 12 songs because it was very cold outside

I think you're probably right about the lyrics, Stacy. He had setlist and pages of lyrics taped down at the shows I was at recently.

Silly David. Learn your lines! Razz

Hope everyone had a GREAT time! Can't wait to hear about it!

He really has lyrics taped to the stage? Perhaps that started after he royally screwed up Anodyne every time he sang it. "The gnglut thethoer ships are sailing... therhoiht a left their rail- ay- aing!!!" Laughing

The funny thing is the lyrics I saw were for "Light On"! He must have sang that song more than any other by now, lol!

Guest Guest
LOL I remember at the Keswick show when we realized it was lyrics being taped to the floor for David. Then when I saw it was LO I was dying. I can't remember what the other song was though.

from David:
Quote :
Thank you, south Carolina. Yours was the best deep fried Oreos in all the land.... I need a week of detox after eating that

Guest dawtreecookie
He really has lyrics taped to the stage? Perhaps that started after he royally screwed up Anodyne every time he sang it. "The gnglut thethoer ships are sailing... therhoiht a left their rail- ay- aing!!!" Laughing

ROFLOL Oh Dave... you sing so wonderfully. I especially love the line about the rthrthniloyup.

Guest dawtreecookie

Hellooooo fingerless gloves! Drool

And I love Honest.

Guest Guest
Hey Prissy ... that's Honest ^^

Its Honest.....but the name on the video says Did It For you Razz

Prissy THATA BEAUTIFUL!!!
OMG!!!
Like I said on the cellcast..THAT IS ONE HELL OF A BADASS LOOK from David.
He just only needed his motorcycle.

Guest Guest
I need to learn how to make screencaps. That one is great!

@cooksgal wrote:
Prissy THATA BEAUTIFUL!!!
OMG!!!
Like I said on the cellcast..THAT IS ONE HELL OF A BADASS LOOK from David.
He just only needed his motorcycle.

Ok the thought of David on a motorcyle?!?! Thud!Thud!DroolAwww Love Now THAT would be hot!! I can picture him riding down an open road... a guitar strapped on his back.....

Thud!

Prissy I'm glad you got the screencap WTF the video was removed by user??? Crying non-stop

I think she didn't know she could fix the name on the video...so she deleted it to upload it again.

You'd think it was Christmas based on what the weather was like here in Columbia today. Seeing David in leather and fingerless gloves. <3 Earlier today, he was wearing plaid.

Guest dawtreecookie
@Prissy wrote:

By Cindy

Nice fingers shot. *twitch* Shocked What's wrong with me? Damn those gloves.

Oh my god, was this show OUTSIDE?!
No wonder he's dressed in layers and zipped up to his neck. Shocked

It was absolutely FREEZING. There's no way it was 51 degrees like some people said. It seriously felt like a winter night. I couldn't feel my fingers or toes. Had to use hand warmers! Hopefully it's warmer in Georgia tomorrow and thank goodness the show is INSIDE!

@*Nicole* wrote:
It was absolutely FREEZING. There's no way it was 51 degrees like some people said. It seriously felt like a winter night. I couldn't feel my fingers or toes. Had to use hand warmers! Hopefully it's warmer in Georgia tomorrow and thank goodness the show is INSIDE!

i bet it was freezing cause i know it was freezing up here in PA...and you guys were a bit more south than I was but it barely hit the 40's here...so I'm sure you were stuck in the low to mid 40s down there...hand warmers ftw Very Happy works wonders especially in weather like this...

Even with the rain and the cold, it was another epic show tonight. I was expecting it would be completely packed, but there were a lot of seats left in the bleachers. The crowd was great though. I just wish he would have done one song without the guitar. It would have made my night even better. My favorite part of the night was when the two people in the first and second rows had signs with the words to "Declaration" in them. It was funny afterwards how David said that it was like having his own teleprompter and he need to take them on tour with him because he can never get the words to the songs right. Also my favorite banter moment was definitely the his story about the deep fried oreo. Now I will shut up and post some pictures for you. It was hard to choose which ones to post cause I took over 160 , but I hope you enjoy them Smile

It really was FREEZING tonight. The rain that came off and on definitely didn't help matters. It was a great show, though. I only wish he'd played my favorite song, but oh well! Loved the leather jacket look, and the fried food banter was the BEST!

Pics & some video to come tomorrow!

Guest Guest

leather jacket AND finger-less gloves.... that is all I'm gonna say Thud!

Seriously... um... dead, dead, dead.... Can we make him play outside all winter so we can get that look?