Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cjester27

*Planning Thread* 8/7-8, 2010 – Busch Gardens (Williamsburg, VA)

I also have the left right center dice game if anyone wants to gamble, $3 at a time... it's super fun.

Guest Guest
Hmm how do you play that dice game?

Jeannie wrote:
*Has no clue what Apples to Apples is, but is certain she is going to find out*

it's awesomeness.

You're going to LOVE it. Awesome, awesome game.

justforme wrote:

super easy. everyone starts with 3 singles. there's 3 dice, each with 3 dots, one L, one R and one C. You roll them and if you get a dot, you keep a $, a L or R you pass a $ and C goes in the center. Last person with a $ wins the pot. You're never out until the very end, because the money moves. It's SO fun and people get nuts.

Guest Guest

That sounds like fun, Daina. And I just looked up Apples to Apples online and it sounds like a great game!

I wonder if our rooms will be near each others at the hotel? LOL, I'm thinking putting us together far away from any other guests might be a good idea. LOL Face Not sure the Travelodge is ready for us.

justforme wrote:
Jamie, Did you figure out how to get to BG from Richmond? I saw someone tweeting about needing a ride, maybe you could share a rental car. I think it was Tracy.

Please, let me know if you guys know someone who's arriving at Richmond on Saturday morning! I'll probably take a shuttle to go to the hotel, once I can't drive here anymore--my brazilian DL is expired, need to get the MA one and didn't have time to do it yet--, but it would be great if I find someone who's going to rent a car, it would be cheaper for both of us...

Jeannie wrote:
Kristen, I heard that the "DC flu" is going to be going around pretty badly next weekend. The only cure is to head to Williamsburg for a couple of concerts and fun with friends. Wink

I agree, that's the only cure, Kristen, and you know, you can stay with us at the hotel, in case the flu gets you pretty badly and you HAVE to go there... Just saying Smile

Eight days Excited2 At this point next Friday I'll be totally freaked out. I'm sure I won't be able to foccus in ANYTHING, either sleep!

Guest Guest
I'll be busy next Friday getting ready for the influx of Dave fans lol. I have to wash sheets and blankets for the couch and air mattress. Have to find the extra pillows, think about packing etc. Then I have to work from 3-7 and after that head to the airport to pick up Jeannie.

Guest Guest

I know I'd get nothing done at work, so even though I'm not leaving for the airport until around 3:00 I took the whole day off. I also took Tuesday off, since I won't get back to my house until about 11:30 Monday night, and I'm sure I'll be worn out from the weekend... and anxious to get back online and talk about it. Smile

Jeannie wrote:
I know I'd get nothing done at work, so even though I'm not leaving for the airport until around 3:00 I took the whole day off. I also took Tuesday off, since I won't get back to my house until about 11:30 Monday night, and I'm sure I'll be worn out from the weekend... and anxious to get back online and talk about it. Smile

I'm still thinking if I'm taking my laptop with me or not, because I won't get home before 10pm on Sunday night, and I'll probably have some time to do nothing at the airport waiting for my flight back to Boston... Can't stay out of internet that long, not after all that is gonna happen on that weekend LOL Face

Guest Guest

If they weren't charging for checked bags now, I would totally have brought my laptop. But since you are only allowed one carry-on, and I need to take some clothes and things, I have to forego the laptop. Very Sad

I am bringing my Kindle, and I can get online from it. I've only used it to go to the Amazon store, but you can use it to surf the web as well. So I may be able to read and post a bit from that. We'll see how it works.

Jeannie, don't forget that if you have a big purse, you can cram a bunch of stuff in that too.

Guest Guest
Well that ad should bring every female between the ages of 15 and 100 out to see him at BG.

Jeannie wrote:
If they weren't charging for checked bags now, I would totally have brought my laptop. But since you are only allowed one carry-on, and I need to take some clothes and things, I have to forego the laptop. Very Sad

I am bringing my Kindle, and I can get online from it. I've only used it to go to the Amazon store, but you can use it to surf the web as well. So I may be able to read and post a bit from that. We'll see how it works.

Once I'm staying just 1 night, I don't need to pack a lot of stuff, so I'll probably have some room to my laptop (I'm taking just a backpack). Anyway, I'm taking my iPod, I can go online on it, but won't be able to post videos or pics from it until I get home on Sunday night... IDK, still thinking about bringing the laptop or not.

Oh, gosh, it's getting closer and now looks so... REAL LOL Face

Guest Guest
Jeannie, don't forget that if you have a big purse, you can cram a bunch of stuff in that too.

Oh I'm already thinking I'll bring a big purse on the plane, and stick a smaller one to carry at BG in my carry-on bag. Wink

Love that picture! And yes, Mae... it's finally starting to feel real!

justforme wrote:
I'll be busy next Friday getting ready for the influx of Dave fans lol. I have to wash sheets and blankets for the couch and air mattress. Have to find the extra pillows, think about packing etc. Then I have to work from 3-7 and after that head to the airport to pick up Jeannie.

Barb, I'll bring all the bedding for the air mattress. AND I will be sleeping on it, as well! Been there, done that. I'm a pro! lol Hope that cuts down on your work. Please, please don't think you have to "prepare" for us. For me, I've slept in a car, and just plain not slept for David shows; just being in a building is a serious upgrade for me! LMAO

Seriously, the Travelodge would want to put us on the same floor, far, far away from their *ahem* "normal" guests. Pffft - who wants to be a "normal" guest when DC & TA are in town??? *wonders how anyone could be "normal" with the boys in town*

BG answered Daina on Twitter saying they're ready for DC fans... Oh, they're so delusional!! LOL Face

BG answered Daina on Twitter saying they're ready for DC fans... Oh, they're so delusional!! LOL Face

They think they're ready, but unless they've experienced it, they have no idea!

looking for a ride to williamsburg from Richmond Airport. Friday Afternoon. Anyone going to be around and be able to help? Tx.

I saw they tweeted about being ready for us... Laughing hystericall They have no flippin clue.

We have Apples to Apples too! And that dice game sounds really fun. We'll have to look into it.

justforme wrote:

super easy. everyone starts with 3 singles. there's 3 dice, each with 3 dots, one L, one R and one C. You roll them and if you get a dot, you keep a $, a L or R you pass a $ and C goes in the center. Last person with a $ wins the pot. You're never out until the very end, because the money moves. It's SO fun and people get nuts.

Where do you get dice like that?

Guest Guest
looking for a ride to williamsburg from Richmond Airport. Friday Afternoon. Anyone going to be around and be able to help? Tx.

We're not heading down from NJ until Saturday morning. If I hear of anything that might help I'll let you know.

Guest Guest
@pn112 wrote:
Barb, I'll bring all the bedding for the air mattress. AND I will be sleeping on it, as well! Been there, done that. I'm a pro! lol Hope that cuts down on your work. Please, please don't think you have to "prepare" for us. For me, I've slept in a car, and just plain not slept for David shows; just being in a building is a serious upgrade for me! LMAO

Aww thanks Peggy. I'm sort of a clean freak so I always think I need to uber prepare if anyone is coming into my home lol. It's silly because it's already clean and neat. It's just one of my weird quirks.

Am I the only one who, when they think of dice that are not the usual dice, think of those naughty dice? Ah, my crazy youth! *imagines playing naughty dice with David* Bad Stacy! LOL Face

Guest Guest
Okay spill it, what are naughty dice?

One die has body parts on it, and the other has... let's just say... verbs.

Has no one else ever played with them? Y'all are making me feel abnormally naughty lol!

Guest Guest

OH Shocked interesting. Sounds like that game would be fun to play but not with our Travelodge crew lol.

OMG is all the weather talk true, is something really churning in the Atlantic that could impact the weather?

That would so suck. No-no!ShockedTapping toe

Guest Guest
I just checked the weather channel and it doesn't look like anything to worry about. Just some possible tropical depressions building way South of VA.

Guest Guest
I looked too Barb! The weather people get excited over these things-guess that is their job! The guy did say that after the next 48 hours they would know more about what may develop or not develop way south of us in Florida.

Has no one else ever played with them? Y'all are making me feel abnormally naughty lol!

Don't worry, Stacy, I already played with them LOL Face

OMG is all the weather talk true, is something really churning in the Atlantic that could impact the weather?

That would so suck. No-no!ShockedTapping toe

Yes and No. Yes, there are two systems in the Atlantic, but they only have a 10% chance of developing into anything within the next 48 hours. My local forecasters here in Texas pointed them out on our weather forecast last night and made the comment that the projections/models have one of them POSSIBLY hitting the East Coast. Didn't say when or that anything was definite.

However. Knowing David's track record with Mother Nature....I'm almost willing to bet my paycheck that she will turn this system into a hurricane and send it right to good ol' Virginia. To us. Because she likes to fuck with us.

LOL flag

How the hell have I lived for 54 years and never heard of naughty dice?????? This is a travesty!!! *note to self - MUST BUY NAUGHTY DICE*

SEVEN DAYS!! ONE WEEK!! 168 HOURS!!!

OMG!! Excited OMG!! Excited2 OMG!! Yahoo!

Guest Guest

So excited! Only one week!

Joy danceExcited2DC CheerleaderThe WaveDC CheerleaderExcited2Joy dance

Ahh, naughty dice and tropical depressions, we really are an eclectic bunch. I was just happy to see that the high's weren't in the triple digits...yet.

I thought I had packing all figured out until I had the genius idea to rent a locker at BG and put a change of clothes and baby wipes in it. Yes, it seems obsessive, but the idea of a non-sweaty bra may be too good to pass up.

Ah, thank you for making me feel a little more normal, lol!

And omg - only ONE WEEK away! Excited2

Guest Guest

Not only one friggin week. One friggin week from right now! Excited2

lol - One week from right now(7:10pm), I will be on my way to Barb's! bounce

Don't know how I'm gonna get through this week.... Excited

Guest Guest
@pn112 wrote:
lol - One week from right now(7:10pm), I will be on my way to Barb's! bounce

Don't know how I'm gonna get through this week.... Excited

Umm... Peggy. It's Saturday. If you are on your way to Barb's one week from right now, you are going to miss the Saturday concert, and have to drive yourself to Virginia. Cause we won't wait for you that long. LOL Face

@Jul wrote:
justforme wrote:

Where do you get dice like that?

We got it at spencers