Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

*Planning Thread* 4/29 DC show to benefit the Race For Hope

Guest Guest

Here's the thread if you are planning to attend the concert on April 29 in Washington DC.

If you are going, please post that you are so we can add you to the list and other Word Nerds going can know.

1. Jul (Jul)
  2. realiTVlover (Stacy)
  3. justforme (Barb)
  4. Jeannie (Jeannie)
  5. CookifiedTexan (Jamie)
  6. DC'sBlueEyedGirl82 (Holly)
  7. ReallyCookin (Daina)
  8. ShookByCook (Barb)
  9. Cook Crush (Lainey)
  10. Nicole5788 (Nicole)
  11. DCfaninDE
  12. dclovermd
  13. DCTaT2Grl (Pam)
  14. itsme-g (Gina)
  15. dcroxmywrld (Dana)
  16. Idewey (Lenore)
Per an email blast, there is an informal gathering before the show - please post if you are going to be there and we will add a note next to everyone going. Smile
Quote :
Additionally, many of the David Cook Team members are going to meet up for a pre-party at Chef Geoffs right across the street from the Warner Theatre. The restaurant has a great happy hour with reduced food prices and a really nice sit down dinner service as well. Plan to join us after 5pm. https://www.chefgeoff.com/chef-geoffs-downtown-specials.html

This is very exciting!!! Yahoo!

Guest Guest
I so need a concert!

Guest Guest

Me too! I'm so excited about this... Yahoo!

If anyone planning to go to this concert has an iphone or android phone and would like to help share this concert live with the rest of the world who can't make it, please PM me. Smile

So what this means is....

1. I get to go to my favorite city in the country.
2. I get to run in a 5k.
3. AND I get a David Cook show?!

All in one weekend?! Shocked Did I win the freakin' lottery?! ExcitedExcited2Excited

Guest Guest
I think we all did, Jamie!

Guest Guest
Yahoo! So glad you're coming to the Race Jamie!

I GOT TICKETS!!! Row B center stage!!!

Excited2

For those trying to get tickets use ANY PRICE and BEST AVAILABLE, otherwise nothing will show up.

Good Luck!!

Guest Guest

We got row M, seats 109 - 111. It seems that single ticket buyers are faring best. But I don't care... just happy that we'll be there! Excited2

Anyone have a seating chart that shows how the numbering goes? Trying to figure out if we are Neal's side or Andy's side.

you're center, Jeannie. low odd numbers are Andy side, low even's Neal side.

I'm in row H, Andy side.

Guest Guest

Here is the seating map~

Guest Guest

Thanks, Daina. I don't care that we're back aways... we're going to be seeing and hearing the guys in concert in just 44 days!!!!

Excited2

Guest Guest

A more detailed seating chart.

Guest Guest
We will be pretty much directly on the letter M in that seating chart.

squeeeeeeee! Excited

I got that afternoon off work - now I need to get a train ticket.

Thank You! Thank you so much for doing the legwork on the tickets, Jeannie!

Guest Guest

Hotel reservation made! Excited2

Race registration? √
Permission to take a 1/2-day off work? √
Concert ticket? √ (thanks, Jeannie!!!)
Outfit for concert chosen? √ (unless it's cold - need an alternate)
Hotel reservation? √ (thanks, Barb!!!)
Train ticket? √
Get in shape enough to run (as opposed to walk) the race? FAIL. LOL Face

Guest Guest

Well 6 out of 7 isn't bad LOL flag

Guest Guest

We made reservations for the JWMarriott for now. Not sure if that will change but we wanted to make sure we had a place.

I was lucky to have gotten our tickets on the phone at 10am as the guy let me hold for a minute while we chatted. So the 3 of us have seats in the center section Row AA! Funny as he asked me if those seats were ok and I was like scratch while waving at my daughter not to buy any for me as she was searching online. He asked me if David was a comedian as he did not know who he was. I should have said sometimes but told him no-that's Dane Cook.

We're staying at the Crowne Plaza 1/2-mile from the race start. We didn't want to pay full price for the Friday night at the JW Marriott.

We're at the Hilton Garden Inn in Arlington where we stayed last year. It's only 5 minutes from the race site and was a nice place for not a lot of money.

Guest Guest
LOL, I still have much to do... I need to book my flight to Philly - not a big deal as there are tons of cheap flights between Pittsburgh and Philly everyday on several airlines - but that has to wait until next payday. Got the tickets for us, hotel is taken care of thanks to Barb, I need to figure out what I'm wearing and how to fit it into a carry-on. Need a new pair of tennis shoes, and have to get those with time to break them in before the race. LOL - not really a race for me, since I'm walking. I also need to register for the race, as I haven't done that yet.

But hey - I have a concert ticket, a ride from Philly to DC, and a place to stay... so that's a good start.

Guest Guest
I looked into the JW Marriott, but it was a bit pricey for me. Even with the discounted team rate on Saturday, the two nights would have cost us close to 700 with taxes and fees.

That JW Marriott is expensive, dang. We're at Four Points Sheraton, less than a mile from Freedom Plaza and the theater. Can't wait! Smile

Friends of mine and I will be in L, M, and N in the center. Staying at Hilton Garden Inn in DC. They were offering a special rate for RFH. So excited.

Guest Guest
Wish I had known about the RFH rate for the Hilton. What rate did they offer?

Lainey, you and your group are right where me, Barb & Jeannie are - we're M center. woo-hoo! Party in the center of the theater! Yahoo!LOL flag

A lot of us are bunched together in that area! Cool. That also means whoever takes photos and videos will be taking them from pretty much the perspective I had, which I like to have. Smile

I'll be by myself in E, on Andy's side... *sob*

If you were alone in Z, Andy or Neal side, I'd feel sorry for you. As it is, you're nice and close so Razz

LOL flag

@Jul wrote:
I'll be by myself in E, on Andy's side... *sob*

I'll be right behind you! Well, not right behind you, but 3 rows back on the same side Wink

Guest Guest

I saw this posted on DCO-by Pweller7-thanks Patti!

Im on Andy's side as well

did ANYONE get seats on Neal's side? If not, guess we'll have to make sure he gets plenty of love as well that night

Mega Rock

I've seen photos of the inside of the theatre, it looks beautiful!

Guest Guest
Did anyone else notice there is no row I in that detailed seating chart? Odd but if it's accurate I'm one row closer than I thought I was, and I'm okay with that.

Guest Guest
It makes me sick that the scalpers scooped up so many tix for a charity event.

Fuck the scalpers. Mad

I noticed no row I on the seating chart on their website. Of course, there is an AA and BB in front of A, so M is two worse and one better than you would expect. Laughing

Guest Guest

I'm on Neal's side for a change-we are row AA 101-103 Great

Evil or Very Mad About the scalpers-I saw the other 6 seats in our row listed yesterday afternoon so whoever is sitting by us bought them from a scalper since there are only 9 seats in that section it appears & we have 3. I got thru on the phone at just before 10am so I was lucky this time.

Oh geez, I was totally kidding about the sobbing. LOL... I'm very happy with what we got. Smile

Guest Guest
Hug Jul, I knew you were kidding! Maybe next time add this~ Wink

I know, Jul - I was trying to be playful, too - sorry if it came across wrong. Damn inflection-less interent!

It's going to cost me a fortune to fly to DC! $500 for a round-trip flight from CLL (my hometown) to DCA. If I did a cheaper flight from Houston or Dallas, I would have to pay a fortune for gas and parking, and would essentially spend the same amount. If I flew into Baltimore, Philly, or somewhere else, I'd have to pay extra for a damned rental car. I'm screwed no matter what. Faaaill..... Very Sad

Guest Guest
Ugh, that sucks Jamie! I hope you can find something more reasonable.

I was researching flights the other day. I'm flying into Philly and riding down with Barb. Where I live I'm almost exactly in the middle of Pittsburgh and Cleveland, so I can take flights from either airport, and I usually fly out of whichever one can get me a cheaper flight. I'm lucky, because a couple of airlines run several flights a day between Pittsburgh and Philly for $89 one way. So my round trip flight will be about $190.

But I saw one Continental flight that was $220 each way - with one stop and an hour and a half layover in Cleveland. I thought - hmm, let me check the Cleveland to Philly flight by itself. Yeah... over $500 on the same damn flight that I could get for less than half that if I left from Pittsburgh. I do not understand how airlines figure pricing. Why would it cost less for me to fly further?

Regardless, I'm doing one of the $89 flights directly from Pittsburgh.

LOL, you guys are fine Wink

Sorry it's going to cost so much, Jamie... ugh. That's why we opted out of flying.. but I know you have no choice. Very Sad

Guest Guest
That really sucks Jamie. Maybe you can talk to a travel agent that can help you. Sometimes it is cheaper to fly somewhere else with the connecting flight that stops at DCA and just get off there only using part of the ticket. I remember when we had thought about flying to the Charlotte show at the end of the tour it was less to do a round trip to Norfolk and get off at Charlotte which was the connecting city.

Also would it be an option to fly into somewhere where you could ride with friends like Jeannie is doing? I know sometimes time restraints as far as when people can leave etc play into this but maybe another option?

The RFH Rate at the Hilton Garden is 199 for saturday night only!

Look around on expedia at the unpublished rates I got a fantastic deal on a 4 star hotel, they don't tell you the name of the hotel until you book but they will show you the area the hotel is located. Many 3 and 4 stars are within the area of the walk and the theatre Very Happy