Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

"Fade Into Me"

Guest Guest

New music Excited

Remember this thread contains SPOILERS Wink Thanks Mae and little bit, me, lol.

Edited to correct lyrics to album liner notes

"Fade Into Me"
(David Cook / Kevin Griffin / Jamie Houston)

All I feel now is the weight of the day
I need you with me to push it away
When we disappear into each other
Our colors appear and bleed into one

Fade into me, fade into you
The two of us melting together
Until we become something new
And we can escape
And watch the world chasing to find us
Both of us hidden from view,
If you fade into me
Fade into me

When I'm broken you're the one thing I need
Like an ocean, I feel you crash over me
We disappear into each other

And we can escape
If you fade into me

Let go, fall in
And drown in the moment with me
Sinking 'til we start to breathe

And we can escape
And watch the world chasing to find us, oh

And we can escape
If you fade into me
Fade into me
Fade into me

Guest Guest

Fade Into Me is beautiful. BEAUTIFUL.

But......... After hearing it, I don't agree with what reviewers have said in the previews: that it's a baby-making song and about *doing it* and all that.

I think it's about a spirtual meeting of the minds... when you meet that special someone, your soulmate, if you will, and the lines become blurred between the two of you because you are so perfect together that you can't find where one person stops and the other begins. KWIM? Whether that's a good thing or not that the lines become so blurred, IDK, but I think that's what the song is about. Smile

Guest Guest

I totally agree that the song is more about "a spirtual meeting of the minds... when you meet that special someone, your soulmate, if you will, and the lines become blurred between the two of you because you are so perfect together that you can't find where one person stops and the other begins."

Having said that, I think the reviewer calling it "baby-making" song, is more about the romanticism of the concept rather than a sexual implication. Smile

Guest Guest
Hmmmm... maybe.... but when I hear "baby-making", I think the reviewer means there are gonna be a ton of babies born 9 months from now. LOL

@jambajim said in his review: "The topic of love dominates the majority of Cook's new songs. The sweeping power-waltz "Fade Into Me" — co-written by David, Jamie Houston and Better Than Ezra's Kevin Griffin — finds the rocker tapping into his sensual side. "Fade into me, fade into you/ The two of us melting together until we become something new," goes the chorus. Pretty sure he's not talking about a conjoined twin. Ahem."

I love Jim but I think he's got it wrong.

Then again, I could be totally wrong about the whole thing. *shrugs shoulders*

Guest Guest

This is what David had to say in the track by track video about FIM. So I think we're on the right track, Kathy High Five!

Quote :
'Fade Into Me' is another song that I heard on the first record. It's an amazing song and it got pitched to me, I think on the last record, really late in the process. And at that point, I just think that just consensusly (?), it just wasn't the right song for that record. We with the melody...
I'm really proud of the message that song has, you know, it's a very sweet sentiment. It just spoke to me"

Guest Guest

Yep, another reason I think the reviewers got it wrong. David called it 'sweet'.

Maybe the reviewers were just copying each other. LOL Face

Guest Guest
I don't see it as being a song about sex either... although I see it as a song about love and romance and becoming one in all ways - which I suppose would include the physical as well. But to me that isn't what the song is "about" either.

It's a beautiful song with a beautiful sentiment.

I think it uses a lot of imagery, which leaves it up to interpretation. Maybe no one is wrong Wink

Whatever imagery your mind comes up with, the song is GORGEOUS. Holy moly. Shocked I can totally see it being played at peoples' weddings as the "first dance" song. Hell, maybe it will be my first dance song if I ever get married Wink

My mom will be thrilled; he's finally sung a "love song". She's been convinced that's all he's needed in order to "make it BIG" (her words). Razz

I'll have to listen again, but this one is high on my list for this album.

Does anyone care to help with the lyrics? Smile What I've got so far:

All I feel now
Is the weight of the day
I need you with me
To push it away

Colors appear and bleed to one

We can't escape
Watch the world chasing to find us
Both of us hidden from view (??)
Fade into me
Fade into me

When I'm broken
You're the one thing I need
Like an ocean, I fell you crash over me

Colors appear and bleed into one

We can't escape
Fade into me

Let go, fall in
Sinking 'til is time to breathe

We can't escape

We can't escape

Fade into me
Fade into me

Guest Guest

You got it pretty good, Mae Great These are some differences I hear in orange.

All I feel now
Is the weight of the day
I need you with me
To push it away

And we can escape
Both of us hidden from view, if you
Fade into me
Fade into me

When I'm broken
You're the one thing I need
Uhh
, like an ocean, I feel you crash over me

We can escape
Fade into me

Let go, fall in
Sinking 'til it's time to breathe

We can escape

And we can escape
Fade into me
Fade into me
Fade into me

Anyway, he'll mess up with the lyrics every time, lol.

Guest Guest
LOL flag Made! This song live may be the death of me.

Made wrote:
You got it pretty good, Mae Great
Anyway, he'll mess up with the lyrics every time, lol.

Thanks, Made! Hug And I'm sure he'll ROFLOL

Guest Guest

I'm pretty sure that there will be a collective thud when he sings that into the microphone ShockedThud

I'm 100% sure I won't survive another live concert, and this is just one of the songs that may kill me...

I can´t even listen to this song so frequently as the others. Last night it made me shed a tear. That hasn´t happened in a very very long time.

Whatever imagery your mind comes up with, the song is GORGEOUS. Holy moly. Shocked I can totally see it being played at peoples' weddings as the "first dance" song. Hell, maybe it will be my first dance song if I ever get married Wink

My mom will be thrilled; he's finally sung a "love song". She's been convinced that's all he's needed in order to "make it BIG" (her words). Razz

I'll have to listen again, but this one is high on my list for this album.

DO IT, Jamie! Marry your boyfriend now! LOL!

@wehoscott said Nigel (Lythgoe) should use this song for SYTYCD waltz. I don't mind at all Smile

Guest Guest

I think you've got the lyrics right, Made. Great

Guest Guest

Thanks, Kathy! So happy we've been able to put them all together so quickly Very Happy

And a huge thanks to Mae who did all the hard work on this one Wink

Guest Guest

Thanks, Mae! Smile

I feel like this is the "Avalanche" on the album. Reminds me a lot of it. Anyway, I think it's a nice idea to say it's about a meeting of the minds. But personally, I think it's about making love. A lot of passion and sensuality to it. Losing yourself in someone both physically and emotionally.

"Like an ocean, I feel you crash over me" - Love the way he sings that line.

Gee Jen, get outta my head! Love the way he sings that line too! lolz

Btw, I never really noticed how David sang songs somehow (not that I overlooked his voice in any way), it just didn't occur to me until I watched the DVD of the Making of TLM.

When he sings "fade into me, fade into you, the two of us melting together until we become something new", suddenly I knew. How he always sings his heart out in every song and suddenly I knew why people were so drawn to his voice. I mean, yes, I knew it too but it just... oh how to say this without sounding like a bad fan not noticing his voice before... it's like a revelation to me, somehow.

I feel like this is the "Avalanche" on the album. Reminds me a lot of it. Anyway, I think it's a nice idea to say it's about a meeting of the minds. But personally, I think it's about making love. A lot of passion and sensuality to it. Losing yourself in someone both physically and emotionally.

The way he sings this line...this song.... IS MY DEATH... Dear Lord... so beautiful... sweet... and sensual at the same time..... Thud!Thud!Thud!MeltMeltMelt

I think the same... and it's not a coincidence that both songs was written by David Cook / Kevin Griffin !!! Melt

OK, true story:

Yesterday, while jogging in the park and listening to TLM, I saw two bunnies chasing each other in circles during FIM. Then they stopped and stared at each other and I knew they were about to have a "moment", LOL.

I thought, "Well, there's his next video".
ROFLOL

Guest Guest
LOL flag Well that would certainly be unique.

Guest Guest
Laughing So Hard You Let's prove Jim Cantiello was right and it's a song about "doing it."

kcbban wrote:

But......... After hearing it, I don't agree with what reviewers have said in the previews: that it's a baby-making song and about *doing it* and all that.

I think it's about a spirtual meeting of the minds... when you meet that special someone, your soulmate, if you will, and the lines become blurred between the two of you because you are so perfect together that you can't find where one person stops and the other begins. KWIM? Whether that's a good thing or not that the lines become so blurred, IDK, but I think that's what the song is about. Smile

I totally agree with you. I think exactly the same thing about this song ... and I don't think at all to sex ... this song is all about love, the true deep love. I couldn't say better this concept ... Totally love this song from the first note to the last one! Great interpretation, sweet, tender and perfect lyrics... simply love!

Guest Guest
I think when some say it's a baby-making song, they mean more the kind of song you play to put someone in the mood, or as background music while you are.. um... doing it. Not that the song itself is about sex, (though I can see where some get that interpretation.)

It's a beautiful song, expressing beautiful feelings.

kcbban wrote:

Why can't it be both....a song about "doing it" and about a spiritual meeting of the minds? Sex can be both of those things.

When people were saying that "Fade into Me" was a song about "doing it" (before we heard the song), I was expecting something along the lines of "Let's Get it On", LOL. Clearly, "Fade into Me" is not like that. But it is very sensual, and very romantic, and to say that it's only about the spiritual side of a relationship and not about the physical at all is selling it short, IMO.

Guest Guest

Yeah, I think before it was out and I heard people saying it was about sex, I was thinking like you, DP, along the lines of "Let's Get It On". And I do think that's what Jim Cantiello and others that say it's about "doing it" mean. I think he and others are not seeing the deeper meaning when they pass it off as a song about sex.

Having said that, I get what you all are saying. I think my thing is, then, that I want to say it's about "making love" (spritual and sensual and physical) not about "SEX" (just the act of "doing it"), KWIM? Very Happy

Actually, I think Jim Cantiello does get what the song is about. I forget exactly how he worded it, but when he was talking about how the song is about "doing it", he made that gesture--pointing to his eyes, and then the other person's eyes, kwim?--indicating that it was about something intense, something with a connection, and not just about climbing all over each other like spider monkeys.

Which is fun too, btw. Just sayin'.
Cool

Actually, I think Jim Cantiello does get what the song is about. I forget exactly how he worded it, but when he was talking about how the song is about "doing it", he made that gesture--pointing to his eyes, and then the other person's eyes, kwim?--indicating that it was about something intense, something with a connection, and not just about climbing all over each other like spider monkeys.

Cool

ROFLOL I just love how this song can give you such imaginary images now if there was a video and David was really involved in it i can just visualized what he'd be doing in it Thud!

Guest Guest

Cool

I don't think Jim's that deep. LOL Face ...kidding, kidding... LOVE Jim. Smile I'm gonna have to find that vid and watch it again. Very Happy

This song really caught me and is making me nuts... LOL flag
I've just found myself daydreaming at my work table, waltzing this song with a sharp dressed David at the purest DYTYCD style ! Pretty please!!!
Dear Lord... I'm losing my mind !! Shocked

kcbban wrote:
Yeah, I think before it was out and I heard people saying it was about sex, I was thinking like you, DP, along the lines of "Let's Get It On". And I do think that's what Jim Cantiello and others that say it's about "doing it" mean. I think he and others are not seeing the deeper meaning when they pass it off as a song about sex.

Having said that, I get what you all are saying. I think my thing is, then, that I want to say it's about "making love" (spritual and sensual and physical) not about "SEX" (just the act of "doing it"), KWIM? Very Happy

Yeah, I agree with you. Smile

Why can't it be both....a song about "doing it" and about a spiritual meeting of the minds? Sex can be both of those things.

When people were saying that "Fade into Me" was a song about "doing it" (before we heard the song), I was expecting something along the lines of "Let's Get it On", LOL. Clearly, "Fade into Me" is not like that. But it is very sensual, and very romantic, and to say that it's only about the spiritual side of a relationship and not about the physical at all is selling it short, IMO.

Exactly. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it this way.

This song is so romantic and i can imagine what the video would be like if there is a video for this.

Quote :
dorothyparker wrote:

I competely agree to this.

Guest Guest
I absolutely believe that to David(and to me) this song is about much more than just "doing it". Sex between two people with no emotional connection does not include that blending of souls, or the melting into each other that are portrayed in FIM. To me the song is clearly about falling in love both emotionally and physically.

Guest Guest
Agreed... there is sex and there is making love. There doesn't have to be an emotional connection with sex, but when you make love, there always will be. This is a song about being in love, and about making love. I think he has captured that beautifully.

Jeannie wrote:
Agreed... there is sex and there is making love. There doesn't have to be an emotional connection with sex, but when you make love, there always will be. This is a song about being in love, and about making love. I think he has captured that beautifully.

ClappingClapping

But...but...David said it was a song about painting a picture! You mean it's not about art class???? *shocked&dismayed*

ROFLOL

Guest Guest
HA sometimes I want to whack PC David over the head with a rolling pin lol.

Guest Guest
cranky

LOL